Video: Motorist killed as he flies through the air and is then crushed by pick-up

rooster59

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I always like how cars or bikes pass me with 60 - 120 km an hour with me walking on same rd giving me only 5 cm of space anticipating its not a common thing here.

There isn’t any common sense here  whatsoeverfor that matter ??‍♂️

I had a woman driver coming head on towards me while she was over taking one of those polluting red buses. I was on my scooter but next to my left hand side of the lane ( this in a small two way road in Bkk ) I had a slow scooter rider ( sleeping on it ) Who also got scared when he woke up and shouted at me since I went towards him while I was try to avoid this stupid woman coming right at me who was over taking the bus and needless to say on the phone !!! I’ve shouted at her but perhaps it’d been better kicking her car door, not that she gave a damn, she just carried on causing another major accident down the road..

Thanks God I got away with it but it’s just like an accident waiting to happen anytime in this jungle..They should learn how to walk first before handling a car ! Terrible to put it lightly ?

Edited by Ramdas
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Tragic enough set of circumstances, without them having to show the video of the poor guys final seconds. I'm sure his family will not be impressed knowing his untimely death is being viewed for macabre pleasure. One day maybe the Press here will start to develop a little bit of decency and respect for the dead.

RIP.

You're right but dreaming 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HuaHinHim said:

Well Thais treat the breakdown lane as a regular lane. I’m surprised it doesn’t happen several times a day. Condolences to the victim. Truely tragic, wake up Thailand

Does not seem to be a breakdown lane. Perhaps for bikes but certainly not for cars. Just not wide enough. Break down over there and I guess unless you have a red triangle in your car which you can put up the road you should get out of the car and walk down the road away from the potential hazard. Staying in the car and a big truck rear ends you then at the very least you are going to be injured and possibly badly. Reminder to self, buy a red triangle. 

Den

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Tragic enough set of circumstances, without them having to show the video of the poor guys final seconds. I'm sure his family will not be impressed knowing his untimely death is being viewed for macabre pleasure. One day maybe the Press here will start to develop a little bit of decency and respect for the dead.

RIP.

Excellent quality video though.....

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

RIP.

One day maybe the Press here will start to develop a little bit of decency and respect for the dead.

Not like ThaiVisa who had the decency not to show the same video.:cheesy: Not!

So please try to be serious next time with such a comment.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

One day maybe the Press here will start to develop a little bit of decency and respect for the dead.

"So please try to be serious.."

Hmmm....glad to see that you are the self appointed censor of this thread...Tchoochippally...

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Thai Visa had absolutely no say in the matter. But you would know that if you had read the rules. Here is the relevant excerpt. You will note we have no right to edit, so we get what comes. Part of the deal to get the news feed in the first place.

The ThaiVisa News Team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and International sources, and republishes them in the News Forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our News Team works hard to bring quality content to the News Forums, and should be respected for their efforts.
Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are neither respectful nor welcome on the forum, and will be considered as troll comments and removed and the offending poster warned and/or suspended accordingly.
Except as otherwise indicated in the byline, news bulletins are reprinted verbatim from a mass media source which has given TV permission to use its feed. 
Original articles, especially in the Thai press, often have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ThaiVisa is not responsible for these nor does ThaiVisa have the rights to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, ThaiVisa is not responsible for any opinions reflected  or quoted in reprinted news stories.
You should probably also read the section on commenting about moderation. It explains why your last post just got deleted. For your convenience it is here:
10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Edited by darksidedog

A couple of days ago I saw 2 cars which collided with each other, stopping in the middle lane on the Chaeng Wattana road and there were many cars left and right of them, some of which driving quite fast. There was a girl in school uniform who was probably about 8 years old walking outside the vehicle with her mum, very dangerously close to many fast driving cars. They really have totally no clue about safety, other than how to make 'Safety First' signs. 

• Like 2

You know, I gotta feel for the pickup driver. He had no chance at all of evasive action and he totaled that guy. I hope his mind's gonna be okay.

Also, what does engine trouble mean? Did his overheat light come on? Low oil pressure? Losing power? Stop dead?

If it's anything but the latter, you put your 4-ways on and get off at the next ramp. You do anything but stop, get out and check the engine. Which, I am 100% certain he could neither fix nor comprehend unless he was a trained mechanic, even then he'd be unable to fix anything.

5 hours ago, balo said:

Note to self , do not leave your vehicle if you have to stop on an elevated section of the expressway . Call for help and hope for the best . RIP. 

I don't think this is a good recommendation. Besides, when did "hope" ever prevent a rear end collision (which is next to inevitable in any country)?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

RIP.

You are applying Western culture and behaviour in a foreign land. Some say it is better to show reality instead of putting your head in the sand. Some people might take more care when they see what might happen to them (not that that applies in this case).

• Like 1

Although I’ve lived here 10 years I rarely drive more than a few Km outside my local Town, yesterday I drove 300 km and if it wasn’t for my careful driving and watching all my mirrors every few seconds, I could easily have had 6 accidents, and do you ever see a Police patrol car out on the roads.......err no .

I get back to my home town and there’s a road block, the cops are checking everybody’s license.........that’s says it all really, it’s just so much easier to collect the cash than actually do some work !

• Thanks 2

video-motorist-killed-as-he-flies-through-the-air-and-is-then-crushed-by-pick-up

I don't see anyone getting crushed by a pick-up. 

I see a man who gets suspended in air just before he hits the ground. Perhaps that also suspended his heart and organs too? 

Does anyone have any source for a video that actually shows what the headline describes? 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

I don't see anyone getting crushed by a pick-up. 

I see a man who gets suspended in air just before he hits the ground. Perhaps that also suspended his heart and organs too? 

Does anyone have any source for a video that actually shows what the headline describes? 

So..you actually want to see the poor chap landing on the road and being run over and killed?

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And no mention in any of this whether the police arrested or even detained the driver of the car that hit the guy and the car that had broken down??

Parked in the inside lane with hood up and hazard lights on, and still gets nailed.... And obviously in the middle of the day, not even night or a time of reduced visibility.

Even parked normally or at traffic lights, as I have mention on other threads, my car's front and rear have been replaced so many times I've lost count and all while I was parked (properly and neatly I might add). At a crossroad I was waiting (behind the white lines and not protruding into traffic) at a traffic lights, when one bright spark decided to do a right hand U turn (opposite me) and at speed. He didn't make the U turn but he did hit my car. You are right, being stationary here is no guarantee of being safe.

AS for the OP, well what can I say that already hasn't been written here. What a terrible tragic way to die. He was probably conscious as he fell. My condolences to his family. I hope the culprits on the above expressway are charged with murder...but somehow I doubt that will happen. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, balo said:

Note to self , do not leave your vehicle if you have to stop on an elevated section of the expressway . Call for help and hope for the best . RIP. 

From the sound of the rear ending of the rear enderering vehicle, the culmination would probably still have killed the guy parked on the shoulder.

• Like 1