"You're nicked!" Pattaya taxi drivers forced to pay 1,000 baht fines for not using the meter

rooster59

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Kanit said many tourists were in town for the four day holiday and they deserve fair treatment at the hands of the taxi drivers

tourists? 

it is Thai people from Bangkok there come for party and drinking in this religions Buddha alcohol free holiday 

and they deserve to see Pattaya is a paradise 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a total waste of manpower and time 1000 baht, the taxi drivers will ,make that back in the first hour after being fined.

Only way to stop them cheating people.... First offence 10.000 baht, second offence 50.000 baht, that would soon stop it.

That wont work, cause the complete police force will move indoors again when the media is gone.

Who is going to fine them then if police officers cannot be bothered to work?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, balo said:

Greedy idiots is what they are . No further comments needed. 

I agree. I own a car, and there are times I prefer to take a regular taxi, but use Grab or Uber instead. Their greedy and unlawful behavior is their own undoing.

In Bangkok from Suvarnabhumi Airport to town, it will  take cheating only say 5 o 6 foreigners on the ride to town, to make up for the senseless 1000 THB fine.

Not only should the fine be more hefty, but the taxi should be plainly seized and impounded for a week. This will teach all the taxi cheats to behave as they are destroying the image of Thailand abroad.

Using an electronic cigarette or smoking on a beach can get you jail....but taxis openly cheating passengers (Thai or foreign), nothing ?

Obviously, some officials seem to get a bribes and kickbacks to tolerate the behaviour of the Thai taxi cheats.

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Using an electronic cigarette or smoking on a beach can get you jail....but taxis openly cheating passengers (Thai or foreign), nothing ?

In theory, yes. But have you read of anyone being arrested for smoking on the beach or owning electronic cigarettes? (selling , yes). Like everything else in Thailand it is just talk and do nothing.

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In theory, yes. But have you read of anyone being arrested for smoking on the beach or owning electronic cigarettes? (selling , yes). Like everything else in Thailand it is just talk and do nothing.

I cannot say Sir as I do not always belive all that I read...and even less believe all that I have not red !!!

13 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a total waste of manpower and time 1000 baht, the taxi drivers will ,make that back in the first hour after being fined.

Only way to stop them cheating people.... First offence 10.000 baht, second offence 50.000 baht, that would soon stop it.

Third offence taxi crushed...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

That wont work, cause the complete police force will move indoors again when the media is gone.

Who is going to fine them then if police officers cannot be bothered to work?

Exactly right