Pizza

jimmyyy

Question for the group! In your opinion who is doing the best pizza in Pattaya right now.  I am making a trip down from Sarahkam this week and I am in need of some decent pizza.  Thank you for taking the time. 

3 hours ago, seasia said:

Grottino  soi 33 naklua

It has been going for 12 years or so, Italian owner, at least 1 if not 2 Italian chefs.

Wood fired oven.

Has both inside air con area ( large ) and some tables outside which fill out quickly

Also other Italian dishes available.

I have been going there for years.

Pizza prices, from 200 to 380.

Never had a bad meal there. Always good to excellent, very consistent.

Current opening hours 3.00 PM to 12.30 AM. I don`t think they are interested in any lunch time trade

Service  and food  way above average.

Drinks prices are also a little  above average.

It beats Pizza Big  by a long shot IMO.

Do you know if they have parking or is it what you can find on the street?

4 hours ago, seasia said:

Grottino  soi 33 naklua

It has been going for 12 years or so, Italian owner, at least 1 if not 2 Italian chefs.

Wood fired oven.

Has both inside air con area ( large ) and some tables outside which fill out quickly

Also other Italian dishes available.

I have been going there for years.

Pizza prices, from 200 to 380.

Never had a bad meal there. Always good to excellent, very consistent.

Current opening hours 3.00 PM to 12.30 AM. I don`t think they are interested in any lunch time trade

Service  and food  way above average.

Drinks prices are also a little  above average.

It beats Pizza Big  by a long shot IMO.

They too have a sister restaurant, Little Italy on 2nd Rd opposite RGP. A  little more formal, so a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

I am told it has been in Pattaya for 30 years and some of the original staff are still there ( and seen at Grottinos sometimes).

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaniel said:

Do you know if they have parking or is it what you can find on the street?

Hi Spaniel

No dedicated parking  but you should be able  to find somewhere to park very nearby, most likely a little further up the soi, within a minute`s stroll. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, champers said:

They too have a sister restaurant, Little Italy on 2nd Rd opposite RGP. A  little more formal, so a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

I am told it has been in Pattaya for 30 years and some of the original staff are still there ( and seen at Grottinos sometimes).

It must be older, one of its famous guests was Don Corleone. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

My guess is you're probably a Pizza Hut customer.

I make all my pizza from scratch, although I do mix and ferment the dough in my bread machine.

I also use finely chopped fresh tomatoes instead of tomato paste.

Today I had Tuna and Bell pepper pizza for lunch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, londoedan said:

New York Pizza House on 2nd Rd (near the junction with Lengkee) has long been my favourite in Pattaya.

It has absolutely nothing special except for some US people who have no idea about how should be a real Italian pizza...

9 minutes ago, gaff said:

It has absolutely nothing special except for some US people who have no idea about how should be a real Italian pizza...

That's silly. They're not trying to do purist Italian style pizza. There are many different styles of pizza in the world (and within Italy as well). Some good and some not so good, dependent on personal tastes of course. 

I will add I'm not personally a big fan of NY Pizza house but not because of Americans. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, gaff said:

I’m not from the US and I didn’t claim NYPH was special.

I do like the range of pizza’s there, the sides and the delivery service is good.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, londoedan said:

I’m not from the US and I didn’t claim NYPH was special.

I do like the range of pizza’s there, the sides and the delivery service is good.

Which is worst? Poor taste in pizza or being from USA?

• Haha 1

Last year I went to Mercure hotel because they had a 2 for 1 pizza deal.  I thought their Italian style pizza was quite good.   Pretty sure they use a wood fired oven.  Other than that I usually just go to Pizza Company.  They use proper cheese you can actually taste and their prices are quite reasonable.

Authentic Italian restaurants is another place I will go sometimes since they usually use good imported cheese and tomato sauce.  I avoid Thai run restaurants and pizza shops.  Thais don't seem to know what good cheese and tomato sauce is. They seem to use the cheap stuff that doesn't have any flavor.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used to go to NY Pizza but haven't been in years.  I noticed that the quality went downhill after awhile.  I think they started using cheaper ingredients.  The tomato sauce seemed to be kind of runny with not a lot of flavor the last time I went.  

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

I usually eat Pizza at 04:00 hrs  after a long session on the beer ....at that time for me  it's more about filling my belly than satisfying the old  taste bubs ....so  it's which ever shop/restaurant is the closest too where I lay my head down that night ..

PS...  I try to avoid the Kebab carts like the plague at that unholy hour ....but that's a story for another day :sick:???

Edited by banglay
  • Like 1