Clean and relatively cheap beach area

Krimse123

18 hours ago, starky said:

Yeah I read the post smart arse Australia has 1000's of miles of pristine coastline where you could live on that sort of budget. Wouldn't be an extravagant life but could be done and the beaches would actually be clean. Also in case you missed it I might have been taking the piss a little. 

I lived in Australia for 20 years. On 35 to 40 thousand baht eqivalent would be impossible. Would not even cover rent. Agreed, You really are taking the piss. 555

Khanom.... It's a great town and beach.

If you get an urge for more nightlife, you can hop on the ferry to Koh Samui for a few nights.

Rent a fairly nice house for 5k a month.

Lots of exploring to do in the area, rent a scooter for 3k a month and get out there..

10 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Khanom.... It's a great town and beach.

If you get an urge for more nightlife, you can hop on the ferry to Koh Samui for a few nights.

Rent a fairly nice house for 5k a month.

Lots of exploring to do in the area, rent a scooter for 3k a month and get out there..

Khanom?

22 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Ao Nang in Krabi has it all. Nice beaches and just a boat ride away to Koh Phi Phi. 

I don't normally disagree with you, but Ao Nang sucks very suckily as a beach. The town behind the beach is horrible and the beach itself is rubbish.

Railay is great, but expensive. Phi Phi is ghastly.

As for the OP, beaches used to be cheap, but you're about 20 years too late. Anything decent is expensive. The Gulf coast has long deserted beaches, but limited accommodation.

IMO the best beaches are now expensive or very expensive. The harder to get to, the cheaper.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The manic said:

Not sure who wrote that report or when ?

There is definitely plenty of small villages and plenty of culture..

Also, "few restaurants and opportunity to enjoy best Thai cuisine" !!! There are amazing restaurants, even some western ones ?

16 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Not sure who wrote that report or when ?

There is definitely plenty of small villages and plenty of culture..

Also, "few restaurants and opportunity to enjoy best Thai cuisine" !!! There are amazing restaurants, even some western ones ?

Yes Khanom

• Confused 1

I have reason to drive  to  near Khanom from Phuket regularly since 2008 and while it is a nice place , the clarity of the water compared to Kata  ( even tho it is diminishing in Kata ) does not  measure up. The locals  drive  an occasional star picket into the bottom  ( to hold a crab trap ) and I cant see them while I swim , and I have a resonable fear I will swim into one .. thats a measure of the water clarity for me. Its a quiet place , and I think the op would be bored there given his demograph...

Nine months at the same place? Do you want to write a book? I assume you need some entertainment, preferably with tourists. So, only known beaches are of interest, especially frequented by backpackers which are not TV forum members best friends. A beach hut on some of the islands might suit you and if you don't like it any longer, move on. You will get a lot of tips.

I wonder, nobody mention Ban Saen because plenty of Thai wives might drag their farang husbands there, no hookers, few farangs, nearly empty during the week, cheap Thai food, always shadow because Thai ladies are shy of sun.

Edited by bermannor
Spelling

2 hours ago, bermannor said:

Nine months at the same place? Do you want to write a book? I assume you need some entertainment, preferably with tourists. So, only known beaches are of interest, especially frequented by backpackers which are not TV forum members best friends. A beach hut on some of the islands might suit you and if you don't like it any longer, move on. You will get a lot of tips.

I wonder, nobody mention Ban Saen because plenty of Thai wives might drag their farang husbands there, no hookers, few farangs, nearly empty during the week, cheap Thai food, always shadow because Thai ladies are shy of sun.

Bang Saen is very nice. Laidback, quiet. Somewhat urban though.

And probably the cheapest area around.

But a very nice place.

Thank you very much for all the suggestions.

Koh Phayam looks very interesting and so does Khanom. I'm staying in Thailand for 9 months mainly in the same area because I'm currently studying. I don't need much but wifi, great food, weather and a pleasant beach.

It's definitely possible to stay in Thailand for 9 months as a 22 year old. I recently stayed for 10 months solely on tourist visas and visa-exempt entries + extentions. Should I have trouble getting a tourist visa, I can apply for an education visa which lasts up to a year. I would have to attend an offical thai-language school though.

Anyway. I'll probably end up on Koh Phayam, Prachuap Khiri Khan or somewhere in Surat Thani (samui). Thanks a lot!

Koh Phayam looks very interesting and so does Khanom. I'm staying in Thailand for 9 months mainly in the same area because I'm currently studying. I don't need much but wifi, great food, weather and a pleasant beach.

It's definitely possible to stay in Thailand for 9 months as a 22 year old. I recently stayed for 10 months solely on tourist visas and visa-exempt entries + extentions. Should I have trouble getting a tourist visa, I can apply for an education visa which lasts up to a year. I would have to attend an offical thai-language school though.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/samui-sea-sewage-island-residents-lose-business-due-stinky-filthy-black-water-beach-photos/

Maybe not Samui. *sigh*

Koh Payam is a very nice place. Been there many times, love it.

But mind you, no electricity grid there, local generators only.

(same for water)

Most of the island closes down in March and opens up again in October.

Quiet period for studying.

No Thai language schools there (ed visa)

By all means,  very nice place.

3 hours ago, Krimse123 said:

Anyway. I'll probably end up on Koh Phayam, Prachuap Khiri Khan or somewhere in Surat Thani (samui). Thanks a lot!

Did I mention koh lippey/