Video: Car cuts in front of pick up that flips and hits pole - but all four survive

webfact

Video: Car cuts in front of pick up that flips and hits pole - but all four survive

7pmVID.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CCTV footage from a Friendship Highway intersection in Ban Phai district of Khon Kaen showed a Suzuki Ciaz cross the path of a fast moving Isuzu pick-up.

The pick-up collided with the car and flipped several times before smashing into a roadside pole and coming to a stop.

The driver of the Suzuki, with Yasothon plates, can be seen running to the aid of those in the pick-up.

Sanook reported that the accident happened on the turnoff to Borabue district of Mahasarakham. The Isuzu with Rayong plates was heading towards Nakorn Ratchasima.

Sanook said all four occupants of the pick-up are out of danger in hospital.

Police charged the Suzuki driver with negligent driving causing injury.

Sanook said there were a lot of people on the roads at the weekend for the long holiday weekend.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-30

5 minutes ago, tifino said:

Pretty handy; having these extra strategically placed 'aftermath' cameras around these days!

- to catch where the remnants end up...

the foresight in thinking of the hindsight

The drivers should have the foresight thinking...

29 minutes ago, tifino said:

Pretty handy; having these extra strategically placed 'aftermath' cameras around these days!

- to catch where the remnants end up...

the foresight in thinking of the hindsight

That junction has had cameras (3) there for at least 5 years.

I had my accident just meters from that 1.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, webfact said:

The pick-up collided with the car and flipped several times before smashing into a roadside pole and coming to a stop.

These vehicles just can't seem to get along with each other. Here are my observations.

1. The Suzuki driver could have waited just a few seconds as there does not appear to be much traffic going in that direction. I only saw one truck go by. Thai drivers tend not to have much patience behind the wheel.

2. The pickup driver was probably exceeding the speed limit. Hardly anyone goes 80kph.

3. The pickup passengers either had their amulets or seatbelts on. I believe in one but not the other.

suzuki.png

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, missoura said:

These vehicles just can't seem to get along with each other. Here are my observations.

{snipped}

3. The pickup passengers either had their amulets or seatbelts on. I believe in one but not the other.

I agree. I believe in amulet power too.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, MartinL said:

Exactly the same junction as in this thread, less than 2 months ago. 

Yes a very dangerous junction, it was only after Big C opened nearly 2 years ago that they put them plastic barriers there.

They are of no use, do not help at all.

Only meters from the junction there is a highway police post, you never see them outside, only cars parked there.

4 hours ago, missoura said:

1. The Suzuki driver could have waited just a few seconds as there does not appear to be much traffic going in that direction. I only saw one truck go by. Thai drivers tend not to have much patience behind the wheel.

2. The pickup driver was probably exceeding the speed limit. Hardly anyone goes 80kph.

suzuki.png

I find it odd that you don’t believe in seatbelts!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, missoura said:

suzuki.png

"wait" is not in the Thai mindset. Me first and me now - you must wait and get out my way' attitude prevails, whether driving a vehicle or piling into an elevator before people can get out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Normal days driving in Thailand. So far in Ubon, I have seen 3 accidents in one week and boy oh boy you wonder how they land in those positions. But one thing I do know looking at them  The Thais drivers have no clue how to drive in wet conditions It was pouring rain and to me, it looks like there speeding and losing control around the bends Guess the Thai brain is saying Rain drive faster.

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes a very dangerous junction, it was only after Big C opened nearly 2 years ago that they put them plastic barriers there.

They are of no use, do not help at all.

Only meters from the junction there is a highway police post, you never see them outside, only cars parked there.

A few lengths of proper height Armco barrier would have prevented the pickup leaving the carriage way and all the injuries. No excuse as it has previously been proven to be a dangerous junction. Lane markings and traffic lights would help as well, cheap solutions rarely used here except on a few major junctions.