'Terrible mistake': Britain's Hunt misidentifies wife as Japanese rather than Chinese

webfact

On 7/31/2018 at 7:35 AM, Get Real said:

Yep, surely! And judging out of your full comment. Should we accept that one as a major <deleted>up, then, rather than a minor slip?

No, we should note GK as a welcome voice of sanity in contrast to your hysterical witterings.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

No, we should note GK as a welcome voice of sanity in contrast to your hysterical witterings.

Hysterical witterings? How articulate, one must be.
But, of course. I get it. You also have problem with nationality of your spouse?

31 minutes ago, evadgib said:

As a constituency MP this bloke did sod all when contacted about frozen pensions by fellow brits with Asian wives....

He looks like a prefect who has caught someone having a fag behind the bike sheds whenever I see him being interviewed on TV, Utterly smug and bereft of the needs of his constituents ?

Would you still be one of his "constituents" , if you are living in Thailand ?

Its not just "Brits with Asian wives" , its Brit who have emigrated 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Would you still be one of his "constituents" , if you are living in Thailand ?

Its not just "Brits with Asian wives" , its Brit who have emigrated 

- I was until the 15 year rule kicked in and will shortly be someone else's when that old chestnut is abolished as planned.

- and many who haven't.

Edited by evadgib

14 hours ago, zoza said:

This just says what the standard of politicians running this country is like and if others often make the same ''mistake'' well maybe they deserve these

idiots, as no matter how busy people I know have been, I cannot  recall any of them coming out with statements like this, maybe not busy enough...…LOL LOL.. 

He was trying to show the Chinese, how clever he was. Speaking in a foreign language when they probably speak very good English.

17 minutes ago, gamini said:

He was trying to show the Chinese, how clever he was. Speaking in a foreign language when they probably speak very good English.

Nothing wrong with that. It's being polite and to show an effort to learn something from your opponent's culture.

English is a foreign langue for most of the people in the world. 

On 7/31/2018 at 9:19 AM, overherebc said:

Load of fuss about absolutely nothing.

You really wan't to see fireworks?????

Call your wife your ex-wife's names when in company.

I did.  At first it was all quiet, then she left the party without a word.

That night I slept in another room and kept the door locked...

I know guys who can’t tell Japanese from Chinese language, or Chang and Wang from Hashimoto and Matsuzaki although they lived in Asia 12+ years and have banged every type of Oriental Woman. I find that bizarre and indicative of a colonial cultural attitude.

But his own wife!, this must just be a slip of the tongue after a long flight and maybe too much Moët Chandon at the reception.

On 7/31/2018 at 7:35 AM, Get Real said:

Yep, surely! And judging out of your full comment. Should we accept that one as a major <deleted>up, then, rather than a minor slip?

Now if he was a female politician we could have said that many an expensive wardrobe started out with one little slip.

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2018 at 12:29 AM, tonbridgebrit said:

Jeremy Hunt, for a moment, thought that his Chinese wife is Japanese. That's an easy mistake to make, Japanese and Chinese do actually look almost the same.

Yes _ I'm sure Boris would agree that all oriental ladies look the same !

Just as all  farang  men look the same to Thai ladies - unless they have a moustache or beard. I mean the farang ?