Where is the best Bacon Sarnie

Nyezhov

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

It's ok...just remember if you ain't from the USA you only have a country because we let you have one....

Yet another traitor colonial, we are watching you :shock1:

Look what happens when you give a little bit back ............................ ? 

1 hour ago, BobbyL said:

Definitely. My wife and her University friends would always talk about Thai restaurants there ?

As for bacon in Bangkok, never found good stuff. The best bacon was at Dean & Deluca, they might make you a bacon sandwich even though it is not on the menu. 

I've lived all over SE Asia and other than when I was in the mob, the best bacon butty I ever had was made at home?.

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Yes. That's it. I tried making them in the USA with Canuck Bacon or even the obscure east coast Taylor Pork Roll but it isn't the same as that which you describe.

No offense to my Brit brothers but your food is mostly <deleted>...but for

Bacon Sarnies

Chip butties

Shepard Pie

Kidney Pie

Cornish Pies

Yummy

It's  funny how americans think that about food in Britain but there's not that much difference between foods each side of the pond just yanks eat bigger portions ?

• Haha 1

BTW. A Wigan Kebab is 3 pies on a stick. Its a joke. I love a bacon sarnie with grilled bacon and not normal bread but in a barm cake. HP and Colemans English Mustard factor into this as well. Along with White pepper. 

A couple of times a week eating this wont kill you.

You forgot Stornaway Black Pudding. Goes well in a bacon sarnie or roll.

I see some of our colonial cousins across the pond came in on this thread. I would like to know what they miss about distinctly N American foods. A BLT is great with the lettuce and tomato removed. I don't get a BLT. If the bacon is hot it warms up the lettuce and tomato and makes them soggy. Yuck. if not hot?? Who wants to eat cold American smoky fat strips. 

Nyezov mentioned some good UK foods. Its Cornish Pasty not Pie. 

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's  funny how americans think that about food in Britain but there's not that much difference between foods each side of the pond just yanks eat bigger portions ?

An American slagging off British food!!! ??????

The Canadian bacon which TOPs sell, (grilled), together with bread from my trusty breadmaker makes a fair bacon banjo...

I quite like that  French's mustard on it, which I believe is an American idea.

Mind you, I can still taste the wonderful hot corned beef roll I bought in a market in Toronto years ago, magnificent...

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Which market was that?

Oh I don't know - I was only visiting for a few days. It was very near a distinctive triangular building - flatiron?

I do know that that roll together with "Steam Whistle" beer from the brewery in the old roundhouse would be enough to make me emigrate if I were 30 years younger!

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

An American slagging off British food!!! ??????

You guys are into to curry curry curry or fryups or other such greasy yuck.

You guys doing did invent corned beef which is pretty good.and some of your bangers are yumbolina! Double plus yumbolina for marmelade!

We got corn: corn on the cob, corn in a can or bag,corn mush,grits......

4 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

Who wants to eat cold American smoky fat strips. 

I agree....But it's so good hot, eh? Or unsmoked and being grilled for you buy a cute Gik younger than your own daughter who then lifts it off the grill and feeds you.

Time for an Isaan Shop Girl and Best Beef!

Edited by Nyezhov

bacon sarnies for brekkie taste better in Scotland than in England with brown sauce on nice scottish bread with strong tea...preferably in my ex MiL's kitchen before hitting the bars of east Glasgow with the ex FiL...got the stomach lubed up and ready to go...xmas holiday time and it's festive, we'd drink our way down to the Sarraheid (Saracen's Head) Bar then back out the Shettleston Road where the MiL would have some nice lamb stew and fresh soda bread waiting...

fond memories of the past...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

3 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

bacon sarnies for brekkie taste better in Scotland than in England with brown sauce on nice scottish bread with strong tea...preferably in my ex MiL's kitchen before hitting the bars of east Glasgow with the ex FiL...got the stomach lubed up and ready to go...xmas holiday time and it's festive, we'd drink our way down to the Sarraheid (Saracen's Head) Bar then back out the Shettleston Road where the MiL would have some nice lamb stew and fresh soda bread waiting...

fond memories of the past...

Lamb stew and soda bread!

My grandma made a usa-austrian-jewish version of that. Omg. Yumbolina plus ninety two.

Wait now you made me think of borsch! With real Smetana.

Or slobbering perfect noodles  at 2am in a Tokyo winter getting drunk off your own sochu fumes...

Or 4am in NYC....a kosher corned beef with brown mustard on THICK sliced Jewish rye....looking perfectly stacked as it's made by the Korean owner of the Deli.

Now it would be Arab or Pakistani making it the same way of course.

Or standing on Walking Street with a belly full of Maykoncola, just cramming grilled meatballs and sausages down your gullet so as not to pass out or call Huey....

Even the mundane.....smoke enough weed and even Dominoes looks good....

34 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

My grandma made a usa-austrian-jewish version of that. Omg. Yumbolina plus ninety two.

Or slobbering perfect noodles  at 2am in a Tokyo winter getting drunk off your own sochu fumes...

Or 4am in NYC....a kosher corned beef with brown mustard on THICK sliced Jewish rye....looking perfectly stacked as it's made by the Korean owner of the Deli.

Or standing on Walking Street with a belly full of Maykoncola, just cramming grilled meatballs and sausages down your gullet so as not to pass out or call Huey....

A burger from the van in Stornoway at five to two in the morning standing smug at the top of the hunnerd strong taxi queue knowing its the best burger in the northern hemisphere at that time.

41 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

jews, arabs and pakistanis and bacon sarnies?  sounds a bit non kosher/haram to me...off topic as well...

18 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Presumably you mean the British/Danish bacon rather than the strips of fat the Americans call bacon?

I'm an American, and agree, most of our bacon south of the north border is crap, so I buy Canadian Bacon whenever I get the chance.............

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I'm an American, and agree, most of our bacon south of the north border is crap, so I buy Canadian Bacon whenever I get the chance.............

Yeah the peameal Canadian stuff is decent, but tbh it is a bit 'ham like'. Still rate a British bacon butty as the best. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Yeah the peameal Canadian stuff is decent, but tbh it is a bit 'ham like'. Still rate a British bacon butty as the best. 

Next time my American friend that lives in Oxford comes to visit, I'll have him pack a couple kgs for me to check out, and I'll get back to you - he'll know the best to buy..........

Edited by TunnelRat69