A crime or a right? Some Danish Muslims defy face veil ban

webfact

Look at the vast array of immigrants to the UK in the last 70 years. Look at those who are happy to integrate. Look at those who are not happy to integrate. Look at those who refuse to integrate. Look at those who commit terrorist acts.

You will see a pattern emerging unless your rose-tinted glasses have blinded you.

As a lifelong liberal I have always resisted illiberalism. Islam is the most illiberal of superstitions.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I suppose you agree with the affluenza defense as well

No, but i do know you live in area of Thailand which is mainly Thai Muslim. Tried articulating your hatred to some of your Muslim neighbours - No. thought not mr keyboard warrior.

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

No, but i do know you live in area of Thailand which is mainly Thai Muslim. tried articulating your hatred to some of your Muslim neighbours - No. thought not mr keyboard warrior.

Your assumption as to where I live is about as accurate as the rest of your opinions.

28 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

"Lets face the fact most of the muslims in Europe whether born there or not are mainly economic settlers of some degree."

How exactly are people born there "settlers of some degree." ?

They came from another country outside of their own. Either new, first, second, third or whatever generation that's my point here.  

22 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

Look at the vast array of immigrants to the UK in the last 70 years. Look at those who are happy to integrate. Look at those who are not happy to integrate. Look at those who refuse to integrate. Look at those who commit terrorist acts.

You will see a pattern emerging unless your rose-tinted glasses have blinded you.

As a lifelong liberal I have always resisted illiberalism. Islam is the most illiberal of superstitions.

So you got some statistical evidence to show that Muslims haven't integrated for the most part? Or you just suffering from observer bias?

22 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

A well made point. 

37 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

@ Bristolboy my reading is from books by acknowledged scholars, all muslim, not propagandists.

I wonder if you have ever worked in muslim countries, or if you have any knowledge of Islam at all. I assume you are guided by what you consider to be liberal tolerance, rather than any personal experience or study. 

I am a lifelong liberal. Islam is the enemy of liberalism.

And what has your reading of history  books shown you about religious tolerance in Islam nations?

26 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

I agree. Trying working in Saudi for a few years and that will change anyone's opinion. I worked in Saudi for 3 years and Nigeria for 3 years in the past. I much prefer Nigeria. No religious police in Nigeria.

I am also from the North of England. The Indians who came in the 60's and 70's integrated very well. The Pakistanis who came at the same time are not integrated at all until today. 

@Bristolboy. I assume from your moniker that you are from the UK, or maybe you just like the word Bristol.

If you can confirm what your knowledge of Islam is - any books you may have read, any personal experience in the UK or other countries, any extended stays in muslim countries - then I will know how to pitch my answers.

18 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

@Bristolboy. I assume from your moniker that you are from the UK, or maybe you just like the word Bristol.

If you can confirm what your knowledge of Islam is - any books you may have read, any personal experience in the UK or other countries, any extended stays in muslim countries - then I will know how to pitch my answers.

Why so cagey? Very strange.

Anyway, here's one:

The Jews of Islam by Bernard Lewis.

37 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The darkside is "mainly muslim"? News to me. I wouldn't be living here if it was.

OK, time to pack & move on. Yep large Muslim community. Better not go to Nong Prue Amphur for assistance as many in management are local Muslims, plus of course a number of mosques, even indeed - horror of horrors - a few women wearing burkas.

Getting back on topic would guarantee oh warrior you never say a word to local burka wearing women in the street or criticise Islam with the local Muslims. There would be Muslims you interact with without even knowing they are Muslim, but of course you truly know all Muslims are a deadly threat to you - LOL

Just now, simple1 said:

OK, time to pack & move on. Yep large Muslim community. Better not go to Nong Prue Amphur for assistance as many in management are local Muslims, plus of course a number of mosques, even indeed a few women wearing burkas.

Getting back on topic would guarantee oh warrior you never say a word to local burka wearing women in the street or criticise Islam with the local Muslims. There would be Muslims you interact with without even knowing they are Muslim, but of course you truly know all Muslims are deadly threat to you - LOL

I never turn my back on the ladies selling rotis.

12 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

@Bristolboy. So you've read one book (so you say), but no practical experience of Islam inside or outside of the UK.

Here's some research you could do ... google

"honour killings UK"

"female genital mutilation FGM UK"

Exclusively Muslim activities in the UK or elsewhere? - No. e.g. look up FGM by African Christians in the UK, it's a cultural practice, not unique to Islam. Same with honour killings with Hindus and some South American Christian countries and so on. All terribly cruel and not exclusive to one faith / group - better to expand your horizon for research eh??

11 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

@Bristolboy. So you've read one book (so you say), but no practical experience of Islam inside or outside of the UK.

Here's some research you could do ... google

"honour killings UK"

"female genital mutilation FGM UK"

It seems clear to me you haven't read any books on the subject. Otherwise, why would you avoid answering the question? And stop asking other people to do the research. That's characteristic of trolls.

For on thing you could actually try citing some statistics on the prevalence of said practices in various parts of the world. Anyway, you're not fooling anybody anymore. If one thing distinguishes liberals, and why the scientific community is overwhelmingly so, is that they look to objective data. Not emotionalism. You are what is called a concern troll. You pretend to share values with the liberal community but in reality you're no such thing. You cite the worst things about the current state of Islam and generalize it to the whole Islamic world. Not honest or honorable.

26 minutes ago, simple1 said:

OK, time to pack & move on. Yep large Muslim community. Better not go to Nong Prue Amphur for assistance as many in management are local Muslims, plus of course a number of mosques, even indeed - horror of horrors - a few women wearing burkas.

Getting back on topic would guarantee oh warrior you never say a word to local burka wearing women in the street or criticise Islam with the local Muslims. There would be Muslims you interact with without even knowing they are Muslim, but of course you truly know all Muslims are a deadly threat to you - LOL

Oh, so now it's gone from "mainly muslim" to "large muslim community". Make up your mind. What's next, "some muslims"?

1 minute ago, My Thai Life said:

@simple1 Yes it is exclusive to one faith in the UK.

Trying to condone this is in any way is a sure sign you are not a liberal.

You're incorrect, a starting point below for the rest over to you to obtain facts, not post misinformation.

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/02/female-genital-mutilation-not-uniquely-muslim-problem/

For the future do not post lies about me personally, I have never condoned abuse of women on this forum or elsewhere.

@bristolboy. Your comments on this and other threads consist mainly of one liners and ad hominem attacks. They're not worth serious replies.

To make it easier for you, in terms of public figures that you may have heard of, my position on this is very similar to that of Richard Dawkins - one of the most highly respected scientists, academics and intellectuals, not just in the UK, but in the world.

I am a lifelong liberal and have always resisted illiberalism. Islam is the most illiberal of superstitions in the world today.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Oh, so now it's gone from "mainly muslim" to "large muslim community". Make up your mind. What's next, "some muslims"?

Whatever, Nong Prue has a mainly / large ethnic Thai Muslim population - ask your wife if she is a local or go to a local mosque to ask an Imam?. Time to for you to get going - bye...

Just now, simple1 said:

Whatever, Nong Prue has a mainly / large ethnic Thai Muslim population - ask your wife if she is a local or go to a local mosque to ask an Imam?. Time to for you to get going - bye...

Whatever, how appropriate when you aren't really sure what percentage are muslims.

19 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would guess that the majority of the Danish public disagrees on this particular one as otherwise the law would never have been past. As for laws taking away people's "right to choose"...happens all the time on many things and there isn't the bleating on those that this one gets, and this is a very minor one. 

How cute. You think governments only pass laws which are agreed upon by a majority of the people!! Not how it works, very unfortunately...

Just now, giddyup said:

If you support the wearing of the burka, you support the reasons behind wearing it.

My patience is wearing very thin with your bickering - last reply to you. I have never claimed to support the wearing of the burka, only a POV that for Denmark there could possibly be a less harsh implementation to enable a degree of freedom of movement.

Archived