Pros and cons of visa agents

26 minutes ago, notamember said:

frankly gigalo i find you a a distraction to genuine posters on this forum who need help, only appearing  to correct people about visas and extensions. Why not leave it to the experts to advise people correctly and you go back to Sweden?

Natamuba... So your advice is to ship off people, I think that if you like to become a serious poster... you should stop this bickering now..

glegolo

There seems a lot of self righteous pontificating people on here!!

Yes there many people who use agents, not all are broke or stupid.!

My agent is an IO so i know full well visa is correct i meet him to have photo taken and receive it

Paperwork is prepared in advance take me about 5 mins

i dont have to worry about 800k being in the bank at the correct time even  although at times in the year there is above that amount in my account.

Its simply a cost of living here that am prepared to pay for my convenience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, glegolo said:

Natamuba... So your advice is to ship off people, I think that if you like to become a serious poster... you should stop this bickering now..

glegolo

why do you think you have the right to tell me to stop this bickering?

you are not a moderator although its clear you would like to be

5 minutes ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

no gigalo that was you who said that:

''These scams in Thailand live their own life, purely because these guys without money.... Go Home plse'''

21 minutes ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

I think you should worry about your own life and stop worrying about how other people run theirs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It is to the average Thai.

Some work 6 days a week for a month to get 8,500 baht.

i agree its relative to income but if they ''work 6 days a week for a month to get 8,500 baht.''

their employer is breaking the law

Here's my deal. I have dealt with immigration, visas, residency in several countries in Central, South America. It's a royal pain in the a**. My initial extension here I paid 20K to have my girl hook me up a bank account (walked up first in line) and then spent ten minutes getting my extension. My GF took care of the 90 day. April got renewed , same girl, bought her lunch. Just sent my GF to get my 90 day and come to find out I missed one 90 day that fell on the same date as my renew date, makes sense. I just assumed that since the info was the same, address ect., the 90 day was automatic like starting the process again. Anyway called my girl the other day to get my 90 day date and she said I missed the last one, <deleted>! No problem, my GF goes over to Jomtien, box lunch in hand, gives the 90 day and missed 90 day is forgotten. Bottom line is I paid my girl 14K mas or minus and a couple free lunches for 2 extensions, 5 - 90  days, a free pass on a missed 90 day (no fine) and hooked me up with a BB account with a really good bank clerk who takes great care of me. I have spent a grand total of maybe 20 minutes at Immigration Jomtien and the issue dealing with IO here is a zero burger and if I have any questions or a problem comes up the REAL answer is just a cell call away. The entire immigration deal is on auto-pilot. Seems to me a better option than being closed up in a confined space for 5 or 6 hours with 100+ people and their germs from every corner of the planet. Actually a far greater risk than flying if you think about it.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 8:37 AM, vogie said:

I think the people who use agents are the people without cash to use as the reserve of 800,000baht. The agent puts the money in your bank and gets the statement, then removes the cash. Illegal of course.

I think a  possibly more constructive  post would have mentioned the difference between a fixer for purpose of covering the ฿800,000  seasoned money and one who merely does the paperwork so a person does not have to go to immigration, period.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, notamember said:

i agree its relative to income but if they ''work 6 days a week for a month to get 8,500 baht.''

The minimum wage is 330 baht a day.

That's 1,980 baht for a 6 day week.

That's 7,920 baht for a 4 week period.

No law being broken

That's a classic.

Just what do you think these agents and IO's are doing issuing 'extensions' to those who don't have the necessary finances to do it themselves.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I think a  possibly more constructive  post would have mentioned the difference between a fixer for purpose of covering the ฿800,000  seasoned money and one who merely does the paperwork so a person does not have to go to immigration, period.

What do we call a fixer and what do we call somebody who merely does the paperwork, I know lets call him an agent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The minimum wage is 330 baht a day.

That's 1,980 baht for a 6 day week.

That's a classic.

Just what do you think these agents and IO's are doing issuing 'extensions' to those who don't have the necessary finances to do it themselves.

its not against the law to loan money to anyone unless the interest exceeds 20%

1 hour ago, Phuket Man said:
2 hours ago, Naam said:

why would anyone spend 7 million on a BMW instead of 500k on a March? because they can.

Yes but you get a BMW and not a March.

Do it yourself and you get a 12 month extension.

Pay someone a vast amount of money and you get a 12 month extension which might not even be legal.

So you are paying a ripoff price for a worse product.

that 12,000 Baht is a "vast" amount of money is a matter of perspective. paying a "ripoff" price for a "worse" product is an unsubstantiated assumption.

Edited by Naam
typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, notamember said:

3 months

Nonsense!

I know expats who don't have any financials and use an agent for their extensions, same or next day.

I even know expats who entered on a VEE and 3 days later received a retirement extension.

Are you an exclusive client to your agent.

He can't have many clients if he's depositing 800,000 for 3 months in their accounts.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, vogie said:

What do we call a fixer and what do we call somebody who merely does the paperwork, I know lets call him an agent.

The company I use does both.

So since they're mixed so to speak maybe you could alter your position.

Or am I wrong to say I use a fixer who also does other services?

1 minute ago, watcharacters said:

The company I use does both.

So since they're mixed so to speak maybe you could alter your position.

Or am I wrong to say I use a fixer who also does other services?

Do you use an agent, yes or no, most people have never heard of a fixer but many have heard of agents, are you sure you are not being a little pedantic. What is the point of all this, are you bored or something (rhetorical, I don't want an answer) nor will you get a reply, it's getting tedious already.

15 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Nonsense!

I know expats who don't have any financials and use an agent for their extensions, same or next day.

I even know expats who entered on a VEE and 3 days later received a retirement extension.

He can't have many clients if he's depositing 800,000 for 3 months in their accounts.

Moneys in account for about 30 mins while letter for immigration is being typed .......................i suppose?

59 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Nonsense!

Let's say an agent deposits 800,000 baht in the account of a client for 3 months. He/she charges 20,000 baht for that service.

By my calculations, that's a 10% annualised return on the money. O my Buddha, my investments should do so well.

Edited by Lacessit

1 minute ago, vogie said:

But If the money was in the account we'll say for 30 minutes, would you consider that a better return?

I'll consider that to be a rhetorical question.

You're reminding me of the lawyer axiom to never ask a witness a question unless you already know the answer.

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'll consider that to be a rhetorical question.

You're reminding me of the lawyer axiom to never ask a witness a question unless you already know the answer.

Do not consider my question rhetorical, it had a question mark at the end. Here is another question, not rhetorical, do you think the money is deposited for 3 months. All these questions are serious and I would like to know what you think.

I am not a lawyer, nor am I trying to trip you up.

Edited by vogie

3 hours ago, Naam said:

yes there are other reasons similar to the reasons as specified hereafter:

-eating in a restaurant instead of preparing your food at home.

-employing a gardener instead of mowing the lawn and trimming the bushes/trees yourself.

-buying wild boar meat in Mako instead of hunting wild boar.

-having a maid to clean your home instead...

-renting a bar girl in lieu of masturbating.

newwer.gif

Except for the wild boar hunting, you can achieve all the other requirements by getting a wife...