Trump's attacks on media may lead to real violence - U.N. expert

webfact

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

First, I'm American. 

A comparatively low subscription rate does not preclude quality journalism.  Neither does being based in the UK.  Big media companies frequently reference the Economist in their own reporting.  Government leaders get concerned when the Economist reports accurately on their incompetence and misdeeds.

You have nothing that discredits the reporting of the Economist and your rant about them being "not in the US" is far from convincing.

we need examples, otherwise in today's age it's hearsay.  Back this up please.

"Big media companies frequently reference the Economist in their own reporting."

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, gr8fldanielle said:

we need examples, otherwise in today's age it's hearsay.  Back this up please.

"Big media companies frequently reference the Economist in their own reporting."

Oh, you can put up unsourced BS, but I post something that anyone who stays informed knows about and you need sources?  OK.  You will find a reference to "The Economist" in the firstor second paragraph, often the first sentence, of the following:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/democracy-is-decaying-worldwide-america-isnt-immune/2018/02/22/ff670f88-1813-11e8-92c9-376b4fe57ff7_story.html?utm_term=.d3934d4b709f

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/category/gps-show/page/26/

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/09/business/media/09economist.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=the economist tends its sophisticate garden&st=cse

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You are recirculating fascist propaganda and absurd, discredited fake news.  Thank you for identifying what kind of poster you are.

what has been discredited as fake news and what fascist propaganda are you referring to? Is there not a similarity between Hitler's anti fascist logo and the democrat antifascist logo? We're observation here. What fake news.

Don't be vague, being vague has that appearance of not being intelligent. Nobody wants that.

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I could put up a pictures of the Charleston fascist protesters, but what would that prove?

What does your unsourced picture prove? 

"unsourced"??? Seriously

once again--- you're comparing this to Trump supporters???

who's paying for this? We know, there are no secrets.

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Why would we trust a YouTube video over the Washington Post?  I have greater trust in people who will put their words in print. 

Also, what does your YouTube video have to do with my post about "The Economist"?

You said the Washington Post quotes or quoted The Economist. Try to keep up.

you have a greater trust in people who put their words in print??? Why is that? Is it because it's one sided and no room for conversation or debate? I think I see what the problem is. You don't want both sides of an issue for fear of being wrong? What is it, this greater trust in people who will put their words in print? Did you really mean to say that???

21 minutes ago, gr8fldanielle said:

"unsourced"??? Seriously

once again--- you're comparing this to Trump supporters???

who's paying for this? We know, there are no secrets.

Yes, unsourced.  Pictures such as the one you posted are frequently photo-shopped frauds.

And yes, if you insist that Antifa protesters are representative of Trump critics, I am well within my rights to suggest fascists and KKK protesters are representative of Trump supporters.

2 minutes ago, gr8fldanielle said:

is this photoshopped?

This is true "within my rights to suggest fascists and KKK protesters are representative of Trump supporters" no matter how ridiculous. Carry on!

Could be.  You still haven't given your source for the photo.  Why is that?

2 minutes ago, gr8fldanielle said:

However referenced articles in Wikipedia are generally very reliable now.

says who?

Millions of people who rely on them.  Why don't you provide evidence the Wikipedia articles that are referenced are wrong?

9 minutes ago, Becker said:

A Swamp King supporter that has never heard of The Economist. What a surprise!

scroll up Becker, you missed the part where it was clear I know well about The Economist which was my point. Why use them for a source here.

You're a bit late to the show. now you have heybruce loving something and cheering for something you said that wasn't even true. But then again how would you know?

You have a lot of reading to do before you throw your peanuts from the gallery.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

You are quoting 2016 figures, but if you check the current ratings, FOX are well ahead of everyone. I did read that CNN was even beaten by the Food Channel, but I do not have a source for that.

Just read the post again, and realise your answer makes no sense.