Health Insurance information in English language?

punchandjudy

Hi,

I am sorry if this has been asked before, hopefully I don't get abuse telling me to use the search function ?.

I have been here in Bangkok over 6 months now and I am looking for some health insurance in case I need to go to hospital in future.

I have done a fair bit of Google searching and it seems - please correct me if I am wrong - that there are the following options in Thailand:

1. Health insurance for general non serious admissions to hospital for minor conditions

2. Accident/emergency insurance (bagun orbutihet?) for emergency admission, operations etc.

My budget sadly is limited so at this stage I am looking for basic cover, which I will look to increase once I am earning a bit more.

I am wondering if fellow Thai Visa forum members could help me with:

A. A link to any kind of articles or price comparison sites for Thai insurance in English language

B. Any advice or suggestions for basic cover packages. I have heard AIA are good but a lot of info online is in Thai.

Thanks all!

aetna/bupa has a selection of affordable policies.

https://www.aetna.co.th/en/individuals.aspx

girlfriend has basic social insurance, bought the bupa personal care plan for additional in-patient coverage at about 10K baht/year, valid worldwide except usa.

i've got an HCI expat plan for about $1K/annual, valid worldwide with short term visits to usa covered, includes repatriation.  went with the $2K deductible as medical expenses are so ridiculously low here compared with stateside.

https://www.healthcareinternational.com/

2 hours ago, punchandjudy said:

Thank you both, I will check these out.

I don't think I am anywhere near being able to afford Life Insurance yet though @Kwasaki

Contact a broker and tell them what you are looking for. They will also be able to tell you which policies are available with an English translation.

For accident insurance I could only get Ts and Cs for Axa Sabuyjai My Life but others had cover details all in English as well as Thai. But that is accident not health insurance. About 7k (depending on "occupation")for 500k worth of cover including motorcycles.

PS - ThaiLife is not just Life Insurance.

13 hours ago, punchandjudy said:

Thank you both, I will check these out.

I don't think I am anywhere near being able to afford Life Insurance yet though @Kwasaki

Life insurance included in health plan not much but at least wife gets something out of it.