Neighbors dogs

CaptainFly

Can't be the first to ask so here we go.  New neighbors moved in across the street and have 3 dogs.  Bark all day and sometimes all night.  Talked to them twice but same.

What can I do legally?  One dog very friendly and I give him snacks but the little ones just bark all day.  Owners leave very early and come home very late sometimes not at all.

Daughter can't sleep some nights so tired in school. 

Must be a way.

Thanks for any input. 

Good luck, I was so lucky at my home after a year they moved, same the big dog was good the little one, was a ferking nightmare, I could happily have wrung it’s neck. The owner was a nice person, but alas had no real idea what carnage her dogs were causing, obviously she didn’t hear the noise. She did leave the dogs inside during the day in the end. She left and of course we definitely have a goddam replacement for Bandido already. Woof woof

17 minutes ago, MrBrad said:

Fireworks.  A bottle rocket now and then quiets the dogs in my neighborhood.  They soon associate their barking with the firecracker.

My effort was water balloons!....Fire in the hole!!!   Ka-bloom!!!! Like a mini songkran-----didnt stop them tho..all 3 ?

Thais seem very tolerant of this sort of thing.  And, unfortunately, very inconsiderate of others.

And i think most thais believe that barking is the natural right of the dog, therefore not to be controlled.

What can you do? Escalate the situation by blasting big noise at the neighbor, when you are not home.  Put something on a electronic timer, esp when you go on holiday and they want to sleep at night. Suggest some screeching sound, like a machine gone crazy so it seems not under your control!!

I don't think you being forced to wear foam earplugs is a solution you will still hear the barking and ears become plugged up with wax.

There are just certain types of people who let dogs out to bark all day and/or all night.

It does not bother them at all. Some Thais appear immune to all forms of noise

Nothing you do will get them to change their behavior and if you bother them about it they may in turn do something bad to your house, property, or cause trouble for your family. Double the possibility of this as I assume you are a Farang and they are Thai.

Only thing you can do is move house.

I suggest a high-rise condo that does not allow pets. Living in a house here is pure insanity.

We lived in a quiet cul de sac untill one of neighbours decided to get a very noisy dog, they would go to work each day and leave the dog chained up, so as well as barking, it would constantly howl also. Apparrently the neighbours at the back of her house reported this issue to the local tessabaan (not sure of spelling) and a group came and made a visit, they called at our house to interview us on the subject. Within a few weeks the dog had gone. 

A post advocating an illegal solution has been removed also replies to a previously removed illegal solution.

Apart from breaking forum rules the OP is asking quite plainly about What can I do legally?

Further off topic posts about how to kill dogs will earn a posting suspension.

My new neighbor of 1 year has 12 dogs.  10 are the yappy type. 

They have been spoken to about it but nothing change immediately. 

The dogs are a bit quieter but every now again the mob go off. 

I just shout out to shut up and they try to hush them but given the poor discipline from the beginning the dogs often ignore them. 

I bought dog silencer from Lazarda which is effective when there is minimal ambient noise. 

When it gets too much I crank up my outdoor speakers and share with them. 

Nothing works because they just don't understand common courtesy. 

Can only hope they one day decide to move because I'm not. 

its normally the little ones that yappy bark

i hate them

i rented a house, the neighbour had one.  i kept asking her to keep it quiet, she always said, soooooooo sorry

anyway, after a while, i went up to her, made a sign of a gun with my hand, put it to the dogs head, and said bang.  at the same time, i looked at the owner straight in the eyes and nodded.  she got the message.  was never a problem again.

2 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

its normally the little ones that yappy bark

i hate them

i rented a house, the neighbour had one.  i kept asking her to keep it quiet, she always said, soooooooo sorry

anyway, after a while, i went up to her, made a sign of a gun with my hand, put it to the dogs head, and said bang.  at the same time, i looked at the owner straight in the eyes and nodded.  she got the message.  was never a problem again.

Don't try this at home, you may be the one that gets shot.

Years ago i recorded dog barking all night ..neighbour ....for 4 hours i stuck..it  through my bose system sound system . 12

when i was went out ..i guess its not done thing but i was desperate and that was in uk ...if dog barks play yours louder .for sleep ..ear plugs on lazada shoppin ..theres wax ones ...they are good mould in your ear ..best luck ..

If you are getting expanding foam earplugs to help sleep at night, the only brand worth getting are 3M. The only things they don't seem to work well against are screaming babies or heavy base (which is felt more as a vibration).

If the dogs are annoying you, it's a good bet they are annoying other people. Sooner or later someone else will take action. Of course, there will probably be some other noise source then.

On 8/4/2018 at 6:31 PM, CaptainFly said:

Can't be the first to ask so here we go.  New neighbors moved in across the street and have 3 dogs.  Bark all day and sometimes all night.  Talked to them twice but same.

What can I do legally?  One dog very friendly and I give him snacks but the little ones just bark all day.  Owners leave very early and come home very late sometimes not at all.

Daughter can't sleep some nights so tired in school. 

Must be a way.

Thanks for any input. 

My neighbors moved away not long ago. They lived next door and had 3 dogs. They barked all day and sometimes even during the night.  I talked to them a few times but it did not help.

One dog was very friendly and I give him snacks some times but the little dog just seams to not care and barked all day.  Owners left very early every day and came home very late if they came home at all.

Luckily they moved away after I told them to move closer to work for economical reasons.

Daughter can now sleep every night so she is not tired in school. ? 

My neighbour's dog often barks in the early hours.  I set off my car alarm which wakes them up and the dog is removed..... Until the next night. Khon Kaen introduced a law many years ago regarding uncontrolled barking.  The fine was an instant 10,000B, they fined one woman the same day, probably none since.

6 hours ago, wonder6281 said:

My new neighbor of 1 year has 12 dogs.  10 are the yappy type. 

They have been spoken to about it but nothing change immediately. 

The dogs are a bit quieter but every now again the mob go off. 

I just shout out to shut up and they try to hush them but given the poor discipline from the beginning the dogs often ignore them. 

I bought dog silencer from Lazarda which is effective when there is minimal ambient noise. 

When it gets too much I crank up my outdoor speakers and share with them. 

Nothing works because they just don't understand common courtesy. 

Can only hope they one day decide to move because I'm not. 

we had 4 small yappie dogs next to us in one house. we ended up moving. nightmare. inconsiderate selfish ignorant middle class thai lady...

Archived