Retirement Visa

Hi all. Looking to apply for a retirement visa at the Brisbane consul while back in oz. My question is:- each time I leave and return to Thailand what costs, other than the 500 baht departure tax, will I incur. Is there a fee associated with my re-entry into thailand and if so, how much is it.? Thanks for your help.

thanks Gents. I will be back in oz in september each year when the one year retirement visa runs out so I had intended just to renew it in oz at the consul each time. Is this a practical arrangement?

No. For retirement your stay (after the first year) will have to be extended inside Thailand at an immigration office here. If you will not be in Thailand when it runs out you do not want an OA visa but just obtain an O visa and then extend your 90 day stay to one year here in Thailand on the basis of retirement (less paperwork this way anyhow). You need to time this so that you will be in Thailand at the time it needs to be renewed (which would be one year from your entry into the country). So enter the country at a time that you will be here each year and apply for retirement extension of stay when down to 14-30 days remaining on the 90 or 60 day stay stamp.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now