“Wild Boars boys have no memory of dramatic rescue”

webfact

17 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Maj Gen Wutthichai cautioned against any attempts to rekindle the traumatic experience that the boys had to go while they were brought under murky water by rescue divers out to safety.

They went through a special temple hypnosis that they can't remember anything about two English gentlemen who risked their lives to get them out. 

It wasn't only Englishmen!

On 8/7/2018 at 2:50 AM, pomchop said:

yes i suppose the coach could have sat at a keyboard zinging other people instead of taking 12 poor kids under his wing to engage them in sports like soccer, biking, caving etc which likely gave some of the kids hope and purpose in their lives rather than getting into meth or who knows what....a father figure and mentor that way too many poor kids do not have.

Well said. It’s easy for armchair critics to sit in judgement. The coach took a risk he was probably unaware of and the consequences only now are clear. 

6 minutes ago, Tradewind777 said:

Well said. It’s easy for armchair critics to sit in judgement. The coach took a risk he was probably unaware of and the consequences only now are clear. 

Very true, its such a shame that some people need something to moan about these days, if there was nothing to moan about, they would invent something, but if moaning makes them happy so be it.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Maj Gen Wutthichai cautioned against any attempts to rekindle the traumatic experience that the boys had to go while they were brought under murky water by rescue divers out to safety.

They went through a special temple hypnosis that they can't remember anything about two English gentlemen who risked their lives to get them out. 

And here was I thinking there was a few others involved - not just a couple of English guys.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:45 AM, DM07 said:

Noooooo...just let it go!

As usual in Thailand: no one has to understand, that @#$! you do and when you %$@! up things, that is just mai bpen rai!

By the way: I am not saying, they have to be told tomorrow, that they killed a guy!

But at some point, I think a discussion about this point is needed!

But as I see on here: the coach is still a hero and everybody who thinks otherwise (me included) is a complete idiot!

Just move on- nothing to see!

I am a little confused here.

Can you please explain how the coach and the boys killed a guy?

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I am a little confused here.

Can you please explain how the coach and the boys killed a guy?

I didn't say that!

What you are quoting, was (and it says that pretty clearly) NOT what I want to tell them (and most of all: not tomorrow), because that was what some implied, I wanted to do!

I want that the guys understand (all of them) that their actions (and quiet frankly: careless stupidity)had consequences.

Money had to be spent, people had to risk their life and in the final instance, someone lost his life, in an effort to rescue them!

That's it!

Nowhere did I imply, that "the coach and the boys killed a guy"!

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DM07 said:

I didn't say that!

What you are quoting, was (and it says that pretty clearly) NOT what I want to tell them (and most of all: not tomorrow), because that was what some implied, I wanted to do!

I want that the guys understand (all of them) that their actions (and quiet frankly: careless stupidity)had consequences.

Money had to be spent, people had to risk their life and in the final instance, someone lost his life, in an effort to rescue them!

That's it!

Oh yes you did, the inference is quite clear.

To paraphrase - Not to morrow but at some point this is needed (that indirectly they killed a guy). 

Very clearly stated. 

43 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Oh yes you did, the inference is quite clear.

To paraphrase - Not to morrow but at some point this is needed (that indirectly they killed a guy). 

Very clearly stated. 

"Noooooo...just let it go!

As usual in Thailand: no one has to understand, that @#$! you do and when you %$@! up things, that is just mai bpen rai!

By the way: I am not saying, they have to be told tomorrow, that they killed a guy!

But as I see on here: the coach is still a hero and everybody who thinks otherwise (me included) is a complete idiot!

Just move on- nothing to see!"

This is exactly what I said!

I made the relevant part bold, for you!

Yes, I said that at some point a discussion about this point is needed!

And I stand with that!

"the point" being "the consequences of their action", that I mentioned in another, earlier post!

But if you need it to be spelled out: no...I am NOT saying, anyone "killed" anybody else!

And now my special friend vogie can post the usual sad or irritated emojy...

Edited by DM07
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DM07 said:

"Noooooo...just let it go!

Just move on- nothing to see!"

This is exactly what I said!

I mad the relevant part bold, for you!

Yes, I said that at some point a discussion about this point is needed!

And I stand with that!

"the point" being "the consequences of their action", that I mentioned in another, earlier post!

But if you need it to be spelled out: no...I am NOT saying, anyone "killed" anybody else!

And now ny special friend vogie can post the usual sad or irritated emojy...

Damn right you're going to get a confused emojy, you said 

3 minutes ago, DM07 said:

I am not saying, they have to be told tomorrow, that they killed a guy!

You said it, why deny? I am confused.

31 minutes ago, vogie said:

Damn right you're going to get a confused emojy, you said 

You said it, why deny? I am confused.

I know, that you are confused- nothing new here!

I am not a native English-speaker, so I think, it was maybe not 100% clear...obviously!

Again:

Fact: no one killed anybody!

My opinion: the stupidity of the group costed a life!

Conclusion from my side: this will have to be brought up at some point, if anything is to be learned!

Conclusion from your side: all is fine and dandy! Let's just go on like always! The coach is goddamn hero etc pp  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DM07 said:

I know, that you are confused- nothing new here!

I am not a native English-speaker, so I think, it was maybe not 100% clear...obviously!

Again:

Fact: no one killed anybody!

My opinion: the stupidity of the group costed a life!

Conclusion from my side: this will have to be brought up at some point, if anything is to be learned!

Conclusion from your side: all is fine and dandy! Let's just go on like always! The coach is goddamn hero etc pp  

I know you're not an english speaker, but you come across as someone who has a good grasp of our language, thank you for finally admitting you said it.

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

I know you're not an english speaker, but you come across as someone who has a good grasp of our language, thank you for finally admitting you said it.

?

The boys could be mentally scarred for life, I blame the coach as would most parents.

Of course the PM made sure this did not happen, can not tarnish Thailand's image

He should have known the dangers, research!!!!

DM07  how can you blame the group? are you suggesting the boys should be experts on caves?

Edited by jimmynewbie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

I didn't say that!

That's it!

Having read your post once again but more slowly this time, I see that I was wrong.

I apologise.

:sorry:  

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Having read your post once again but more slowly this time, I see that I was wrong.

I apologise.

:sorry:  

No harm done!

Glad, I could make myself clear(er)!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Not what happened, according to interviews with the head of the SEALS.

His mouthpiece came dislodged or broke off (remember, they were manipulating through narrow, twisty crevices with jagged rocks and no visibility). He tried to attach a spare mouthpiece but "could not due to the conditions of the cave" which probably means this all happened in one of the sections where there was no way to surface.

NOT his fault and not surprising given the very dangerous conditions this operation took place in. if anything it is surprising there were nto more casualties. just as it was a surprise to the rescuers that none of the kids died during the extraction.

Anyone who thinks this was easy or risk free does not remotely understand the conditions under which this took place.

Grave risks were taken - voluntarily - by all the rescuers.

Head of Seals version is different to others that I've heard. General consensus seems to be that he ran out of air.

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

Head of Seals version is different to others that I've heard. General consensus seems to be that he ran out of air.

With no mouth piece you very quickly run out of air. 

• Like 2

However, his tank was not empty. He was found with mouthpiece dislodged. The "general consensus" you refer to was that of people not involved in the rescue speculating based on the "died from lack of oxygen" announcement. It is only recently that any details were provided by an authoritative source.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1