Thai Transport Min applying Japan's road safety measures to reduce accidents

webfact

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Or disconnecting their headlights on the scooters (it's the fashion!) or not putting on headlights at dusk,climbing dead drunk into the pickup with family loaded on the tray-or not putting on the pesky seatbelts with unrestrained children bouncing around in cabins,roaring out of side streets or ally ways without bothering to look-they are the kings and queen's of death's highways.

Of course it is the foreigners fault-altho' they die like flies up my neck of the words with nary a "farang" in sight-it MUST be due to the foreigners....

Well if the foreigners had not invented and supplied them with autos, this issue would not exist. So it is indeed the nasty foreigners' fault. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

So it is indeed the nasty foreigners' fault. 

:cheesy::clap2: Yes, a well worn phrase of Thai authority who cannot accept responsibility for their own inadequacies.

You "damned farang" have much to answer for! :smile: 

7 hours ago, kwilco said:

Interesting to note too that the regions with the highest death rates...only one stat BTW - are those with the highest numbers of foreigners.

What percentage of the foreigners have been at fault drivers causing death?

You're jumping the correlation vs causation fence.

Temperatures have been rising since the 1800's.

The number of pirates has been decreasing.

To solve global warming, we need more pirates.

8 hours ago, kwilco said:

It is fairly evident from the posts on this thread that the average poster has absolutely no understanding of what road safety is, but seems to believe that because they have a car they are some kind of expert.....The same could be said for some one thinks that because they went to school they are experts on education or because they've been to hospital that are now a doctor.

Interesting to note too that the regions with the highest death rates...only one stat BTW - are those with the highest numbers of foreigners.

Also that if you are in a 4 wheel private vehicle you are as likely to die as you are in the USA.

The posters on this thread have a well grounded sense of what road safety is.

Nobody is calling themselves an expert, they are just using their experience driving both in their home countries and around the world to form the opinion that this country has a huge problem.

That's why they are condemning Thailand's complete lack of  road safety.

Cite the US stats compared to Thailand. More likely to die here.

19 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Wow - you really are an optimist. Yes, what you are saying is good but the reality is TIT!

Hmm,..My wife had a great Thai driving instructor in Chiang Mai. He told her to look out for anything, don't drive to fast, keep her distances etc..anything they teach in the west ! The guy was a lovely man full of common sense!

My wife is a good safe driver and past a driving test in Europe to!

I guess most people learn and forget the moment they are alone behind the wheel...!?

16 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Hmm,..My wife had a great Thai driving instructor in Chiang Mai. He told her to look out for anything, don't drive to fast, keep her distances etc..anything they teach in the west ! The guy was a lovely man full of common sense!

I guess most people learn and forget the moment they are alone behind the wheel...!?

The man should be cloned a thousand times and teaching throughout Thailand.

I don't think people here learn properly and poor road safety is accepted as normal.

9 hours ago, jimmynewbie said:

So Kwilco nothing to do with them going down the road the wrong way at 150km overtaking on bends and hills in the pouring rain at night then?

Its the foreigners ! are you thai or a troll?

I suspect Kwilco is both or else a foreigner who has gone "native" physically and mentally judging by the comments

59 minutes ago, off road pat said:

The guy is a gem. Unfortunately there are not enough of "him" to change a nation's driving culture. Or to shame a Government that seems not to really care (they make a lot of noise but no positive action) and if the "elite" are not being killed why would they care? Sad, but IMHO, true. 

10 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Of course, in its widest literal meaning, it is a "road safety problem". BUT of all the reasons/events leading up to this "road safety problem" the biggest cause are drivers/riders! There can be no dispute regarding this. Quite simply put - no drivers/riders no problem! Their training, their attitudes (cultural and religious) and the strict enforcement of laws will reduce road trauma. Improvements to roads etc. will also help. They are secondary. And there has to be the will by the authorities to do something about this "problem". Remember - no will, no way.

Therefore, IT IS A DRIVING PROBLEM first and foremost!!  :thumbsup:

No, it's a road safety problem, the fact that people insist it's just a driving problem shows they how little they know about road safety, so everything they say is based on a false premise.

I wish people would get themselves better informed before blurting out such prejudged nonsense.

It is unfortunate that many expats in Thailand are under the delusion that they are good drivers, whereas the reality is that they are often quite dreadful,....they just have no idea how their home road safety systems work to protect them from their own stupidity.

Most of the posts on this thread are proof of that.

You don't have to be a good driver to understand road safety, in fact if you do understand, it helps you to appreciate what a bad driver you really are.

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

It is unfortunate that many expats in Thailand are under the delusion that they are good drivers, whereas the reality is that they are often quite dreadful,....they just have no idea how their home road safety systems work to protect them from their own stupidity.

Most of the posts on this thread are proof of that.

You don't have to be a good driver to understand road safety, in fact if you do understand, it helps you to appreciate what a bad driver you really are.

We hear you. 

Kwilco you must be the worst apologist in Lieland EVER! thaier than thai fool.

I think you are also airbagwill , post same rubbish and full of air!

I suppose you blame all deaths and rapes on burmese or western girls in bikinis too?

They drive like selfish idiots with no care for others or themselves. Most do not have a license and many are high on yabba! minivans?

Stats prove this, how many tourists or expats in Libya?

I would say india and china have high death rates but hard to get stats what is the % of foreigners to locals in those countries?

Do you blame Graham Bell for the fact Thais sit on Iphones all day?

Can somebody tell me how to block this troll please?

I think the lack of comprehension on thisvthreadvis epitomized by remarks that show the amount of pure prejudice that guides their cmoments....and basically is just regarded as an.opportunity to denigrate deride and insult the Thai people.

"apologist in Lieland EVER! thaier than thai fool."

"a foreigner who has gone "native" physically and mentally"

"if the foreigners had not invented and supplied them with autos, this issue would not exist. "

"..are you a Thai or a troll?"

It seems that many are simply making judgments based on the fallacious concept of race?

10 hours ago, kwilco said:

I think the lack of comprehension on thisvthreadvis epitomized by remarks that show the amount of pure prejudice that guides their cmoments....and basically is just regarded as an.opportunity to denigrate deride and insult the Thai people.

"apologist in Lieland EVER! thaier than thai fool."

"a foreigner who has gone "native" physically and mentally"

"if the foreigners had not invented and supplied them with autos, this issue would not exist. "

"..are you a Thai or a troll?"

It seems that many are simply making judgments based on the fallacious concept of race?

SHEESH!!

As I have previously posted - if you took drivers and riders out of the road trauma equation (or to use your words, road safety) there would be no (or very minimal) road safety problem. This group (regardless of race, age or sex) ARE THE MAJOR PROBLEM!!

Take your blinkers off.

19 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

SHEESH!!

As I have previously posted - if you took drivers and riders out of the road trauma equation (or to use your words, road safety) there would be no (or very minimal) road safety problem. This group (regardless of race, age or sex) ARE THE MAJOR PROBLEM!!

Take your blinkers off.

Blinkers I think a straight jacket is called for

I wonder what happened to the other one who used to go down the same"road" on a regular basis I hope he has not become a statistic

At least we have a good replacement now it would appear

20 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

What percentage of the foreigners have been at fault drivers causing death?

You're jumping the correlation vs causation fence.  ...

My water buffalo jumped that fence the other day and got hurt.  Some farang honked the horn as he drove by.  Unless they catch him, I'll have to start a Go Fund Me account for the buffalo.

2 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Blinkers I think a straight jacket is called for

I wonder what happened to the other one who used to go down the same"road" on a regular basis I hope he has not become a statistic

At least we have a good replacement now it would appear

'Airbagwill" was (I think) the chappy to whom you refer.

Still,there is in a sense,many to choose from especially those who seem to imply that 24,999 road fatalities are caused by foreigners in Pattaya or Phuket..leaving one poor Thai to be run over by a rampaging water buffalo-a racist water buffalo at that.

13 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

'Airbagwill" was (I think) the chappy to whom you refer.

Still,there is in a sense,many to choose from especially those who seem to imply that 24,999 road fatalities are caused by foreigners in Pattaya or Phuket..leaving one poor Thai to be run over by a rampaging water buffalo-a racist water buffalo at that.

Yes correct I think as there is lots of anecdotal evidence to back it up

Just came thru Loei to Khon Kaen airport; there was 2 speed traps with a makeshift police lights, first one with a road sign indicating upcoming camera didn't look a new effort, and people seemed to know the location as there was huge "accordion" traffic before and after both ones. Couple of cars pulled over for speeding on the next shoulder. Other than that people overtaking on double yellows, driving on shoulders as a second lane, couple big rigs parked on a bend, minivans overtaking 6-8 car lenghts, as well other rather "regular" mayhem in the boonies. A lot to wish for from this joint task force...

On 8/9/2018 at 6:24 AM, Aj Mick said:

So, just what are these Japanese road safety measures?

They are exactly the same as what is written into Thai laws, but the Japs actually follow said laws... Cannot see Somchai going a hundred metres out of his way, if he can go against the traffic flow and zip across between on coming lorries with yabaa infested fellow numpties.

God help us if they ‘try’ and ride/drive to the law, we won’t be ready for seeing an indicator light turning right, and then they actually turn right...”bloody hell, wasn’t expecting that?!!”

Archived