Police in Pattaya attempt to calm the storm - but Thai public not satisfied over heavy handed cops

webfact

6 hours ago, mok199 said:

A report  of a gun at a school !!!!!...and the father feels violated....its a shame when people use this tactic as revenge...charge them both!!!

Perhaps you should read the original post again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Aside from anything else, it confirms a clear problem in Thailand and Pattaya especially, that when a complaint is made, the police treat the accusation as gospel truth and go out with the intent of arresting a proven criminal, rather than actually investigating a possible suspect. Accusations against them of being too gung ho are entirely accurate.

From what I can tell, the police responded to a report that he had drugs and a gun in the school, this 

clearly needs action. The violence occurred when the father in law attacked him, according to the report

and the police (probably with too much force) attempted to separate the protagonists.

If the guy did have a weapon and the police did nothing, then they would be wrong as well. It was an 

unsavoury incident for sure.

The father stated that he would be seeking formal custody of his daughters, which suggests to me

that this feud has been going on for quite some time and both sides of the story have not been revealed.

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Aside from anything else, it confirms a clear problem in Thailand and Pattaya especially, that when a complaint is made, the police treat the accusation as gospel truth and go out with the intent of arresting a proven criminal, rather than actually investigating a possible suspect. Accusations against them of being too gung ho are entirely accurate.

That is correct.

For a great swathe of the populace it is "guilty" until proven "innocent"-and they only get proven innocent in the best of all possible worlds..

The price you pay for near cultural anarchy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mok199 said:

i doubt you to would post that comment in say ''chicago'' or even ''london'', but in Thailand its ok,so our children here are not as important.Explain to me why a gun threat at a school in Thailand is not as serious ....not cool sir

Silly post.

So where's ex-father-in-law? Why was he at the school?  He seems to be an instigator of the problem at the school. In fact, this man would not have been nicked except for the fight with the ex's father. The BIB didn't find any guns or drugs then the melee started. Then the wrong man got arrested. Or did the ex's father have contacts?

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

What exactly do you want the father charged with?

again sir....we are past that post....if you want to engage in this debate....read all the posts...have a good day

In my limited experience in dealing with the Police here, they not only refuse to listen they do not have the ability to even talk to people. Prior to any action , they have made up their minds and deal accordingly. often to the detriment of the public and as the Police are seemingly unaccountable, they will continue to act as Judge Jury and executioner, dealing unfeelingly and in an inconsistent way with any problems. if foreigners are involved we have to prove our in noocence , just saying so is not good enough, the locals can lie through their teeth and are believed. 

I base this on over 30 years of British policing experience. 

40 minutes ago, newatthis said:

So where's ex-father-in-law? Why was he at the school?  He seems to be an instigator of the problem at the school. In fact, this man would not have been nicked except for the fight with the ex's father. The BIB didn't find any guns or drugs then the melee started. Then the wrong man got arrested. Or did the ex's father have contacts?

Could have been part of a cunning plan .

*Tell the Police that theres a guy with drugs and a gun in School*

*FIL goes there and causes a confrontation with the guy * 

* Father gets arrested*

*Mother takes the kids*

Insane is the only word I can think of .

so police confirmed guy was not armed or on drugs, guy gets attacked by an ex father in law and instead of arresting the ex wife for making false report and ex father in law for an assault they arrest and rough up totally innocent party, in front of his kids and other kids , because they had to do something ?

and this was the best 6 or 8 of them came up with?

on a side note why was army and tourist police involved? What the hell does tourist police have to do with this? Or the ex is sleeping with one of them?

Edited by BestB

9 hours ago, Briggsy said:

You appear to have misunderstood. This is an informal arrangement. Very often in Thailand, the father gets the daughters and the wife the sons. Another factor is which family has the higher social status/income/government job. It is often not done through courts and lawyers but through family and village discussion.

Ah, 1650 AD style.

Insane is the only word I can think of .

so police confirmed guy was not armed or on drugs, guy gets attacked by an ex father in law and instead of arresting the ex wife for making false report and ex father in law for an assault they arrest and rough up totally innocent party, in front of his kids and other kids , because they had to do something ?

and this was the best 6 or 8 of them came up with?

on a side note why was army and tourist police involved? What the hell does tourist police have to do with this? Or the ex is sleeping with one of them?
I'm sure you can figure it out considering Thai police will not take action in a personal case unless they are properly "incentivised".

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 9:31 AM, mok199 said:

i doubt you to would post that comment in say ''chicago'' or even ''london'', but in Thailand its ok,so our children here are not as important.Explain to me why a gun threat at a school in Thailand is not as serious ....not cool sir

If there was REALLY a gun, the person holding the gun would have used it at the Police in the poor way the Police handled this case, and other people may have been injured/died.

This whole charade shows that the Thai police force is not capable to handle cases where guns and other lethal weapons are involved.

12 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

If there was REALLY a gun, the person holding the gun would have used it at the Police in the poor way the Police handled this case, and other people may have been injured/died.

This whole charade shows that the Thai police force is not capable to handle cases where guns and other lethal weapons are involved.

In truth unless action is undertaken with a promise of enhancing their own personal bank balances, Thai Police are not capable ...period . They are good at Road Checks...result money. They are good at investigating some serious crime relating to money be that drugs, etc...result money.

But a lowly foreigner or even the locals  complaining of a crime, gets short shrift unless they pay for the offender to be arrested. 

I was told by a local inhabitant why he did not call the police when someone broke into his house, he said I am not paying them to come here, if I do not pay, they do not come. That people says it all !!

Edited by Khun Paul
Speeling and additional sentences
  • Like 1