Khao San impasse: Permanent solution will be found by Friday, deputy governor

webfact

Khao San impasse: Permanent solution will be found by Friday, deputy governor

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The deputy governor of Bangkok has said that he hopes a permanent solution will be found by Friday to the issue of vendors selling on the sidewalk in Khao San road.

In the meantime a temporary deal is in place said Sakonthee Phatthiyakul.

He said after an inspection of the famous tourist street that 230 vendors had signed up to use the footpath as a temporary measure for seven days.

6pm1.jpg

They were each given one plot measuring 1.5 meters.

This has calmed the situation that threatened to boil over into a serious confrontation between those wanting sanitized order and those wanting to make a living by using the footpaths.

Many tourists have said that the attempts by the authorities to bring order have spoiled the area's vibrant life.

Sakonthee said yesterday that permanent measures would be announced by August 10th at the latest.

That's tomorrow.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-09
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, overherebc said:

If they need to clear a path for emergency  services any time just stick one of these down the middle of the road first. ?

images (14).jpeg

The "Humber 1 ton (up-armoured)" affectionately known as the "Pig". It would go 100 yards and bust a half-shaft, then, after the mechanics have fixed that, it would go another 100 yards bust the other one. After that was fixed, it would sieze its gearbox. Then the recce crew would drag it away.

One of the most useless pieces of army equipment we ever had to endure.

Now if you want something to go pushing people around, get the Alvis Saracen - The "Can".

My baby back in the day:

794878584_AlvisSaracen.jpg.c261bf6011651be9370ed35f2e71a231.jpg

It would bust your ankle if you didn't get the pre-select gears right, but that market would not withstand it ?

• Haha 1

If I look at the tremendous mess within pure „Thai“ areas like Klong Toey market then I seriously wonder, which fighead‘s idea it was to clear up Khaosan Road. It is not an essential place and had been like this since the 80s (when I arrived).

It‘s a pure PR exercise for domestic strengthening of the boys at the helm to prove, that they are clearing up the „Farang“ mess, which always goes down well with nationalist racists ..... go figure! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PhilAtUbon said:

The "Humber 1 ton (up-armoured)" affectionately known as the "Pig". It would go 100 yards and bust a half-shaft, then, after the mechanics have fixed that, it would go another 100 yards bust the other one. After that was fixed, it would sieze its gearbox. Then the recce crew would drag it away.

One of the most useless pieces of army equipment we ever had to endure.

Now if you want something to go pushing people around, get the Alvis Saracen - The "Can".

My baby back in the day:

794878584_AlvisSaracen.jpg.c261bf6011651be9370ed35f2e71a231.jpg

It would bust your ankle if you didn't get the pre-select gears right, but that market would not withstand it ?

Design for the Saracen came from the Saladin. Same drive train I think.

I've seen the drive shaft pretzils on the 'pig' a couple of times.