PHOTOS: Scores of police and military descend on Pattaya Walking Street

webfact

Police, government officials ok. What the hell have the military got to do with it unless they have info on terrorist activity, Only deepening the dislike of the existing rule, as if they are not already considered badly by more than 90% of the population, contarary to reports we see on thai visa.

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Everybody in Thailand wants to wear a uniform of one color or another.

Unfortunately, too many of them only deserve to be wearing orange.

They could also wear this one, the same as big joke !

Image result for clown costume

19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I suspect that something was lost in translation as no mention of these officers coming away wealthier than they were when they started, which I am pretty sure is what actually happened in at least a few places.

Cant help but laugh at the first photo, with the two fellas at the front, mounted on their wheels, as if they are about to lead a charge into battle.

Or the policeman behind the two on 'chariots' who is checking his FB or Line account or his Mia Noi!

• Haha 1

When you look at the photos you realize Thailand is still a backward  3rd world country going nowhere fast.

Are there any governments that take LOS seriously? Even those Saudi jerks dont like them.

Thailand is starting to resemble Argentina in the early post WW2 era  with the Peron's. Thousands of men in uniforms,tanks and a few pretty girls thrown into the mix.

• Like 1

Chap on the right of the front rank appears to be rifling through his notebook in the hope of finding an instruction on how to stand properly at ease! 

I can honestly say that I have never been to "Walking Street", but I doubt if many tourists go their to watch what looks like a particularly scrappy first rehearsal for the Queens Birthday Parade. 

Incidentally, what is with the desert combats? Has the rainy season ended already in Pattaya? Are they expecting some action on the sand later? 

• Like 1

Bet lots of Baht changed hands here...owners to the police and military, then from the police and military to the working staff. Afterwords congratulations all around for a great team building event and a date to do it all again was set. But nothing really changed.

I don't understand this 99% of the women are +30 yo and all from Thailand. They most willingly go to Pattaya, often pushed by the circumstance of supporting a child/ren they had out of wedlock and unwanted pregnancy. Many are there to pay gambling debts as well. This is nonsense, the cops need to look  in the Thai brothels and massage parlors. The international community needs to focus outside to neighboring countries where this stuff is real.

A manufactured situation to improve their standing on the trafficking list. Nothing more. I bet no money even exchanged hands. Just a photo op.

Trafficking, maybe those African warthogs...maybe central Asians, Indians, Pakistan..Thai pub girls. Not likely, especially if pub is foreign owned and or managed.

Charade

• Like 1

If I'd wanted to see that much DPM (Disruptive Pattern Material) and Coppers, (Rozzers,Filth) I would have moved to Aldershot, the home of the British Army, where the de rigueur is DPM and you also have to be wary of both Hampshire Police & the army's very own Redcaps  ?