UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

So one lemarket and no interent means the public was not informed?

By that logic will will have to declare a few other changes invalid....

How about the US war of independence?

The French revolution?

Magna Carta?

Norman conquest?

Great Reform Bills

Declaration of Rights of Man?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nauseus said:

Evidently there were two but as discussed before on one of these Brexit topics, this NO pamphlet, strangely, did not make the letterboxes of all British homes. If I had seen it I would have remembered it as accurate, valid, far-seeing and well done.    

There is nothing in there was not discussed at length in parliament and also on the radio, I presume you were not interested in politics at the time and are now trying to hide your choice to remain behind the lie that these things were in some way hidden from the public at the time, they weren't, they were unknown to you.  I imagine there will be an awful lot of Leave supporters trying to do a similar thing in the future, claiming that they couldn't have known the reality of Brexit before they ignorantly voted to leave.

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

I have to disagree with you Sandy.

Scotland is a nation and even the leading party is called the Scottish Nationalist Party. They voted as a nation to leave or remain in the union of 4 nations.

Quite, and a referendum that covers one nation cannot be compared to a referendum that covers 4 nations and dependent territories.

You made a comment about Scotland not having a military. It was all laid out in the white paper, I cannot remember the exact details but the jist was that Scotland would take control of all bases in Scotland, The Royal Navy would give Scotland 2 ships and loan some others, and the RAF were to lease a squadron, Tornadoes I think, to Scotland.

The plans were ludicrous and unworkable and the fact that Alex Salmond was talking about a military force over than above coastal defence scared many into voting against it.

The issue of independence will carry on but who in a supposedly democratic society has the right to deny the people of Scotland from taking that decision as when they see fit.

• Like 1

received a parcel from an English friend yesterday, my stuff was wrapped in one Independent and one Times

interesting to read through the eu/brexit stuff in the 2 papers

did read an interview with raab re parliament voting on deal

he went on and on with how to construct voting themes/questions so that parliament

would have to vote so and so in order to be clear to the public

hmmm

struck me that he might be nuts and that he does not understand that parliament does what parliament wants,

not what raab and / or may wants the parliament to do

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

received a parcel from an English friend yesterday, my stuff was wrapped in one Independent and one Times

interesting to read through the eu/brexit stuff in the 2 papers

did read an interview with raab re parliament voting on deal

he went on and on with how to construct voting themes/questions so that parliament

would have to vote so and so in order to be clear to the public

hmmm

struck me that he might be nuts and that he does not understand that parliament does what parliament wants,

not what raab and / or may wants the parliament to do

It must have been very old wrapping, as the So called Independent stopped going to print a long time ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kwilco said:

Keep 'em coming Sgt Kwilco! Just to let you know I never read The Independent - it blocks me up - overloaded with crap, I suppose!  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, vinny41 said:

And course if anyone was to ask you to produce evidence of Russian minded trolls on this forum you can't , other than you want to control the narrative of this topic to suit your own agenda as stated with you its all about Control Control and Control

Da, da and da (oops).

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

I sometimes worry about you but I will humour you this one time.

"The same goes to the currency. Does England have it's own currency?"

The UK currency is called the GBP, symbol £, and has been in existence for many hundreds of years longer than the Euro, symbol €, and will still be around when the Euro is just a fading memory.

Thanks for the explanation of the 60% fly/no fly thought what comes to military aircraft. That was interesting.

Do not worry. The real idea of asking if England, not UK has it's own money could become relevant when UK dismantles itself and there is no longer United Kingdoms. There is Scotland, Ireland, Wales and England. Does one call the union of England and Wales still United Kingdom? England naturally has the largest population and economy, but still. Will the current UK pound to be called as UK pound or English pound?

There is many similar questions, how the UK's heritance be divided by the current member states in case of a divorce. It's also quite similar to the current situation what is happening between EU and UK when UK wanted to bail out from the union. 

If England is going to handle the UK divorce in similar manner as it's handling the divorce from EU, darn.. it's time to start claiming those 30*30 cm pieces of land from Scotland, which comes with the bottles of Laphroaig smoky heavens. Those will be highly valuable in the future. ???? 

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

Why are you so gullible, as to print this article from the so called Independent. Are you completely unaware that the main stream U.K media is so out of step with the British people. Preferring to rely on Project Fear.

One can only shudder to imagine what the Brexiteer about town is reading, if anything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, transam said:

Hey, I only bought the Sun to look at Samantha on page 3...????

Samantha Fox's huge twins? Darn, I knew there had to be some things we all could agree about. This is a valid starting point, perhaps not what we expected, for finding a collective understanding how the brexit should be handled.

Perhaps we should take a moment of thinking about Sabrina and then go further to talk about the problematic Irish border issue. A start is a start. 

9 minutes ago, tebee said:

What did you do when you found out she was gay ?

Please answer, you seeing her, being a lesbian, is doubling the opportunities.

In a way that also sums up the whole Brexit negotiations. Some people are being realistic of their future chances. Some are looking for the possibility of Ménage à trois, no matter how impossible it might be. ????