UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

Just now, candide said:

Probably the same guys, among others. And they will be unleashed in the future low-tax global hub of free trade agreements.

There's clearly a problem with the system somewhere, as I'm unable to find bristolboys quote, to which you refer.

If I could find it, I'd agree with it!  The UK and EU financial elite are closely intertwined!

49 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Yes their racist rants such as by their Owen Jine calling older predominantly white men ‘Gammon’ to stir up hatred has been appalling. David Lanny saying Brexit was caused by white privallage anouther racist.

BBC earlier this month "Hostility to men and elderly people could become hate crimes"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45870948

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Why bother replying to Sheungwan's seriously "loony tune" post??

Far better to ignore such pointless comments, which are intentional trolling to provoke a reaction.

Sorry, Dick. But if some of these posts go unchallenged - especially the totally unfactual and hypocritical ones - it usually means there are going to be more similar ones on the way. Or is that just my aging brain?

Give Muttley a nice pat for me. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Yes in principal your correct as the comments are nonsensical, but shutting debate is a typical left wing and remainers tactic so replying is effective in the wider term. It’s what they like to control the narrative.

Remember that remainers can only see their sycophantical love of a foreign power the EU. Not any real debate think project fear now starting again.

Ignoring a ridiculous post does not 'shut down debate'.  It improves the debate.

• Like 2

Just now, My Thai Life said:

BBC earlier this month "Hostility to men and elderly people could become hate crimes"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45870948

Good grief!  I know there are a few that hate Western women (here in Thailand) and display hostility, but have never seen hostility to men and elderly people in the UK ????.

I'm as (genuinely, not the latest version...) PC as they come - but this type of 'argument' helps explain why PC has 'morphed' into something entirely different ☹️.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Sorry, Dick. But if some of these posts go unchallenged - especially the totally unfactual and hypocritical ones - it usually means there are going to be more similar ones on the way. Or is that just my aging brain?

Give Muttley a nice pat for me. 

I know what you mean, but the post in question was purely a ridiculous rant!  No facts or any redeeming qualities whatsoever, and IMO these types of post are best ignored.

Replying only encourages them (and others) to continue to post in this way, whereas hopefully, ignoring them, results in them giving up on the idea and realising that the incitement doesn't work.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Oh great. Is there anyone else left out now?

Nope but we don’t enforce the penalties for hate crime evenly. The hundreds of Muslim mainly from Pakistan in the UK who have been grooming and raping white girls without almost exception. They got no additional tarrif through their targeting of one race as a hate crime.

Hopefully when we get out of the EU through the Fantastic Brexit we will be able to deport them and their families without the EU court of justice stopping us.

Brexit has so many advantages!

Yoooo to many advantages to be able to cover all on a forum.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, My Thai Life said:

From yesterday's Telegraph:

"Britain will hire business leaders instead of career civil servants as ambassadors after Brexit to boost the nation’s relations with the rest of the world, Jeremy Hunt will announce on Wednesday.

The Foreign Secretary will set out plans to open up top diplomatic jobs to non-civil servants as part of a push to recruit “under-represented groups” to act on behalf of the UK on the global stage."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/10/30/uk-hire-business-leaders-instead-civil-servants-ambassadors/

Clutching at straws again Mr Hunt.

Good to read so many of the Hard Brexiteers here go into a collective frenzy after being called out for following or promoting Conspiracy Theory nonsense, which is a polite term for what for many is just a thin veneer for neo-fascism. No amount of deflection is going to slough that one off. The interesting part is that not even the slightest attempt at denial. Just shows what a dead end the Hard Brexiteer project is.

8 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Clutching at straws again Mr Hunt.

Actually I thought it was quite a positive development. After all, the Civil Service has been responsible for a huge amount of the backtracking on Brexit over the last couple of years. There's also the issue that many of our Civil Servants have to a large extent lost whatever trade negotiation skills they may have had, due to the EU. This isn't a complaint about the EU mind you, it's just a statement of fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Nope but we don’t enforce the penalties for hate crime evenly. The hundreds of Muslim mainly from Pakistan in the UK who have been grooming and raping white girls without almost exception. They got no additional tarrif through their targeting of one race as a hate crime.

Hopefully when we get out of the EU through the Fantastic Brexit we will be able to deport them and their families without the EU court of justice stopping us.

Brexit has so many advantages!

Yoooo to many advantages to be able to cover all on a forum.

We'd need the right people in government first to even begin to deal with this massive problem within parts of our society. That's a way off IMO. Divorcing ourselves from the meddlesome ECHR will be a great start though, I agree.

Deporting people (who aren't residing illegally) is a risky and often unfair strategy to employ though I'd say. A balance must be struck between encouraging and inspiring foreign people to fully integrate & adopt our liberal/inclusive British values in the UK; whilst also identifying, shaming and properly punishing those who fail to do so and transgress in such abhorrent ways, like those you mention did.

Mass immigration allowed mono-cultural communities to swell within areas of the UK and that has removed the need for many to even bother integrating, it turned an existing, but resolvable issue into a social time bomb.

It is a really big problem facing us in Europe, (though most at the top denied it existed until recently) in the UK it is generations old now too. However, I really feel for the decent, law abiding, industrious Muslims (and anyone else) who embraced the advantages and good graces that the UK delivered to them by allowing them to settle there; and who contribute to our society and economy. I fear they too will suffer along with those who deserve to be exposed & punished, and may already do, to some extent. Full scale civil unrest within certain towns/cities could also become a real possibility if policy becomes too heavy-handed toward such communities. Hence why any future government must tread lightly and remain as impartial as pos. Nevertheless, this is a problem which must be addressed and dealt with as best as we can.

Right now though it seems that very, very few politicians or establishment broadcasters will even begin to appraise the situation or even deal in facts, for a number of reasons - some less savoury or understandable than others.

Douglas Murray is one that does make an effort to do so, and he has the both balls and intellect to do it with integrity and aplomb. 

Edited by CanterbrigianBangkoker
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, kwilco said:

Not a single car manufacturer is looking forward to Brexit.....now Bentley has joined the queue.......

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/oct/30/bentley-becomes-latest-carmaker-warn-no-deal-brexit-damage?fbclid=IwAR33B-JeUSblv7_ZgaoC1cCK7X3WPVPeITXdFmODpFNIQz3AKjejKyNX3wc

It underlines the chaos that is going to ensue on UK borders........

I can remember when a British Marque was a prestige sign of good taste and wealth.

With the U.K. Becoming a global laughing stock I'll bet the Chinese company that bought MG will be wondering if they would be better changing to VD or something more desirable ????

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

I know what you mean, but the post in question was purely a ridiculous rant!  No facts or any redeeming qualities whatsoever, and IMO these types of post are best ignored.

Replying only encourages them (and others) to continue to post in this way, whereas hopefully, ignoring them, results in them giving up on the idea and realising that the incitement doesn't work.

I have quite a few Remainers on my ignore list and my blood pressure has improved by putting them there.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

We'd need the right people in government first to even begin to deal with this massive problem within parts of our society. That's a way off IMO. Divorcing ourselves from the meddlesome ECHR will be a great start though, I agree.

Deporting people (who aren't residing illegally) is a risky and often unfair strategy to employ though I'd say. A balance must be struck between encouraging and inspiring foreign people to fully integrate & adopt our liberal/inclusive British values in the UK; whilst also identifying, shaming and properly punishing those who fail to do so and transgress in such abhorrent ways, like those you mention did.

Mass immigration allowed mono-cultural communities to swell within areas of the UK and that has removed the need for many to even bother integrating, it turned an existing, but resolvable issue into a social time bomb.

It is a really big problem facing us in Europe, (though most at the top denied it existed until recently) in the UK it is generations old now too. However, I really feel for the decent, law abiding, industrious Muslims (and anyone else) who embraced the advantages and good graces that the UK delivered to them by allowing them to settle there; and who contribute to our society and economy. I fear they too will suffer along with those who deserve to be exposed & punished, and may already do, to some extent. Full scale civil unrest within certain towns/cities could also become a real possibility if policy becomes too heavy-handed toward such communities. Hence why any future government must tread lightly and remain as impartial as pos. Nevertheless, this is a problem which must be addressed and dealt with as best as we can.

Right now though it seems that very, very few politicians or establishment broadcasters will even begin to appraise the situation or even deal in facts, for a number of reasons - some less savoury or understandable than others.

Douglas Murray is one that does make an effort to do so, and he has the both balls and intellect to do it with integrity and aplomb. 

The ECHR is nothing to do with the EU.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, adammike said:

The ECHR is nothing to do with the EU.

It might be soon - at least in part - after a lot of whining from the ECJ.

I see the EU stole the Council of Europe's flag and anthem already. 

5 hours ago, My Thai Life said:

Actually, the news this morning (I forget whether it was the Guardian, Telegraph or BBC) was that a few hundred business leaders will be hired by the Gov't to develop international trade, rather than giving these jobs to civil servants. 

Given that the Civil Service is heavily biased in favour of Remain (the cause of many problems over the last few years) this can only be a good thing post Brexit.

So, hiring external consultants - ‘a few hundred business leaders’ - will be cheaper than having the task carried out by the Civil Service? That would be a first..........

Or has it nothing to do with the budget cut for DIT?

Edited by damascase

5 hours ago, tebee said:

So why are we cutting the dept of International Trade's budget at exactly the time we are going to need them if we Brexit ?

DqwrtzcWkAAxd5H?format=jpg  

Do I see a 5.6% cut on Customs as well? That would make sense, wouldn’t it, with the return of the border between EU and the UK......

34 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I can remember when a British Marque was a prestige sign of good taste and wealth.

With the U.K. Becoming a global laughing stock I'll bet the Chinese company that bought MG will be wondering if they would be better changing to VD or something more desirable ????

Well an MG made in China does have a good chance of being clapped out in short order.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, kwilco said:

No deal with no vote?

I think people are unaware that in this scenario the UK will feel the effects within hours.

Ports like Dover and other import points will immediately clog up with backlog and goods trying on being transported daily will simply go to waste.

Parts for I industry will be stalled and exports strangled.

This isn't a distant possibility, it will happen immediately.

A fearful scenario indeed! Maybe we shouldn't have joined the EEC after all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why the UK’s Brexit negotiation tactics drew a blank

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/31/why-the-uks-brexit-negotiation-tactics-drew-a-blank

They demonstrated no understanding of how the EU works , thinking Member States would ride to the rescue. Bigger question, why did this happen? What has gone wrong with our politics?

1 hour ago, damascase said:

So, hiring external consultants - ‘a few hundred business leaders’ - will be cheaper than having the task carried out by the Civil Service? That would be a first..........

Or has it nothing to do with the budget cut for DIT?

It will be plum jobs for contributors to the CON piggy bank. Same as the USA.

Our civil service was the best in the world until eviscerated by the CONs

18 minutes ago, tebee said:

Why the UK’s Brexit negotiation tactics drew a blank

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/31/why-the-uks-brexit-negotiation-tactics-drew-a-blank

They demonstrated no understanding of how the EU works , thinking Member States would ride to the rescue. Bigger question, why did this happen? What has gone wrong with our politics?

Typical anti UK line, disappointingly from a supposedly British but obsessively pro-EU rag.

What has gone wrong with our politics? Nothing much; it's just that the mismatch between the EU political structure/goals and the UK's has become greater over time. 

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 2