UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

6 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

5 billion.  Not good.

Remind me.. how much did the bank bailouts cost?

And Brexit?

I don't know I thought you were trying to tell us how wonderful Labour was with Public finances but appears they were next to useless

1 hour ago, bomber said:

if ya think brexit was bad,you aint seen nothing like the mess JC and Labour will bring,but regrettably this is what brexit is going to give us,a double whammy <deleted>,dont think many will enjoy Thailand on when the £ is worth 30bt,never mind it seemed like a good idea at the time????????????

Get rid off the Brit riff-rafff though as a Norwegian living high on the hog in Jomtiem pointed out to me. 

36 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Who's in charge of the Army?

Time for a coup and shoot Johnson,Farage, Banks for starters and get Gove to pull the trigger and apologise to Junkers - and wahey 50 baht to the pound again. Only an idiot wouldn't want that (Rees-Mogg is my anti-hero he is making oodles of dosh from the adulation of working class cap-doffing mugs who thinks he gives a rat's backside about their sovereignty or interests). Got to admire his chutzpah. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Given the current position I would like to put a question to the Brexit supporters.  May's deal has been cleared by the cabinet and it is possible that it will get through parliament although I accept that is unlikely.  But for the sake of this question let's say it gets passed.  Given that the deal is about as far away from what you guys voted for as you can get and indeed what was promised, would you still go with it rather than wanting a final say in whether to accept it or not.

I am not being argumentative but it is, I would have thought, a fair enough question.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Given the current position I would like to put a question to the Brexit supporters.  May's deal has been cleared by the cabinet and it is possible that it will get through parliament although I accept that is unlikely.  But for the sake of this question let's say it gets passed.  Given that the deal is about as far away from what you guys voted for as you can get and indeed what was promised, would you still go with it rather than wanting a final say in whether to accept it or not.

I am not being argumentative but it is, I would have thought, a fair enough question.

The time for questions is passed.There must be no more questions. Brexit itself has been less than expected, but the principle has been set, once a decision has been made, however Ill-founded, it must be followed through, regardless of second thoughts. “Idiocy means Idiocy!”

2 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

The time for questions is passed.There must be no more questions. Brexit itself has been less than expected, but the principle has been set, once a decision has been made, however Ill-founded, it must be followed through, regardless of second thoughts. “Idiocy means Idiocy!”

Let's crash the UK economy for the larks and see what happens - bit like joy-riding a country.

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

deep down i think the majority of brexiteers know now it just isnt possible without causing huge problems for the UK economy and jobs,hence you dont hear much from BJ these days,if may goes i would love to see him as leader but iam afraid he is a fake and knows its pointless as a no deal will send the economy into reverse and a JC victory,even if may survives and it all gets passed the damage is done,Labour will win the election comfortably.

55 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Who's in charge of the Army?

The Queen. In a ideal world, it won’t come to that.  And to be fair, it’s not that bad.  We’re only looking at ruination and a descent into the third world - it’s not the end of the Weimar Republic

• Like 1

When the House of Commons vote down the deal, Britain has 21 days to submit a new deal to EU. It's unlikely that Britain would be able to do that.

Perhaps UK will try to get extension by people's vote. But as as chaotic UK internal politics is, perhaps that doesn't happen. 

Therefore it's No-Deal brexit. Anyway, it's time to stop this stupid fiasco. Perhaps it's now time for EU to do that and not simply wait for Britain to figure out what it really, really wants.

It would hurt, but after some time, things get better. 

32 minutes ago, bomber said:

deep down i think the majority of brexiteers know now it just isnt possible without causing huge problems for the UK economy

For the Hard Brexiteers smoking Conspiracy Theory weed, the economy is just collateral damage. What matters to them is the Nationalist Gotterdamerung.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Get rid off the Brit riff-rafff though as a Norwegian living high on the hog in Jomtiem pointed out to me. 

Been more Norwegians than Brits getting in the news here for the wrong reasons in the past few days. 

8 minutes ago, oilinki said:

When the House of Commons vote down the deal, Britain has 21 days to submit a new deal to EU. It's unlikely that Britain would be able to do that.

Perhaps UK will try to get extension by people's vote. But as as chaotic UK internal politics is, perhaps that doesn't happen. 

Therefore it's No-Deal brexit. Anyway, it's time to stop this stupid fiasco. Perhaps it's now time for EU to do that and not simply wait for Britain to figure out what it really, really wants.

You're wrong - Parliament doesn't want a no deal Brexit nor the EU a fudge will be done to prevent that whatever else happens - wet dream of yours it may well be. 

49 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Thank you for making your position clear.  In my life when I have made mistakes I have always gone back and rectified them when possible, so you will understand that I don't actually agree with your point of view.

I am reluctant to let the liars get away with it but I respect your decision to think otherwise.

12 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Time for a coup and shoot Johnson,Farage, Banks for starters and get Gove to pull the trigger and apologise to Junkers - and wahey 50 baht to the pound again. Only an idiot wouldn't want that (Rees-Mogg is my anti-hero he is making oodles of dosh from the adulation of working class cap-doffing mugs who thinks he gives a rat's backside about their sovereignty or interests). Got to admire his chutzpah. 

Credit to you, at last a remoaner spells out his interpretation of Democracy.

33 minutes ago, oilinki said:

As a E.U citizen, it’s to be expected that you support the idea of the E.U making our decision for us.

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, nontabury said:

The only thing left with this monumental farce is to have a laugh - as we are all big losers. Funny that no Brexiteers are left manning up to help the PM with their cunning Brexit plans.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The only thing left with this monumental farce is to have a laugh - as we are all big losers. Funny that no Brexiteers are left manning up to help the PM with their cunning Brexit plans.

where are farage and BJ hidindn these days

6 hours ago, nontabury said:

As a E.U citizen, it’s to be expected that you support the idea of the E.U making our decision for us.

We'd be happy to...it's clear now that Brexiteers couldn't decide between them to make a cup of tea or coffee.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, vinny41 said:

I don't know I thought you were trying to tell us how wonderful Labour was with Public finances but appears they were next to useless

6 hours ago, nontabury said:

At some point one has to decide if democracy has collapsed......

Maybe an election or vote of some kind?

7 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Thank you for making your position clear.  In my life when I have made mistakes I have always gone back and rectified them when possible, so you will understand that I don't actually agree with your point of view.

I am reluctant to let the liars get away with it but I respect your decision to think otherwise.

Thinking is passe.  We don't need thinking now, we need decisions.  We can think in the future, once the important decisions are made.  Next thing, you'll be saying we need facts, information, plans...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Let's crash the UK economy for the larks and see what happens - bit like joy-riding a country.

Exactly.  What could be more fun?

And with the team that we have at the helm, and the enthusiastic and unwavering support that they enjoy, what could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SheungWan said:

For the Hard Brexiteers smoking Conspiracy Theory weed, the economy is just collateral damage. What matters to them is the Nationalist Gotterdamerung.

Eureka, you are beginning to understand, remainers don't seem to mind curling up into a little ball while they get a good kicking.

Thinking is passe.  We don't need thinking now, we need decisions.  We can think in the future, once the important decisions are made.  Next thing, you'll be saying we need facts, information, plans...

“You can’t think your way into good living, you have to live your way into good thinking.”

“You can’t think your way into good living, you have to live your way into good thinking.”

8 hours ago, SheungWan said:

13 minutes ago, vogie said:

Eureka, you are beginning to understand, remainers don't seem to mind curling up into a little ball while they get a good kicking.

Beginning? Not exactly difficult spotting some Nationalist Hard Brexiteers from the off, reviving old C20 fantasies of selecting others for kicking and eventually worse.