Thai Airports Confused About Which Chinese Are Chinese

webfact

5 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

This is a win win win. 

We win. 

The Chinese win. 

Immigration look efficient and also win. 

Someone is thinking,  that's Dangerous!  Time they were 'inactivated' to a post in east bum <deleted> somewhere.  

what about everyone coming through the airport who does not feel appreciated because they dont have their own lane?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surely it’s all about passports not looks. The signage states very clearly Chine passport holders. Taiwanese and Hong Kongers do not hold PRC passports and therefore are not eligible for the privilege 

So stupid these officials. Treat everyone the same. the Chinese are dirty, disrespectful, with NO manners. I have dealt with them in business  For 30 years. I know them. The Thai government are kissing their bums.

The Europens are or were the top tourist people but they were treated like shit. The fever meant are losing them now. That is why the tourist numbers are falling but the top officials cannot see this or do not wat to see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Surely it’s all about passports not looks. The signage states very clearly Chine passport holders. Taiwanese and Hong Kongers do not hold PRC passports and therefore are not eligible for the privilege 

I think you will find that many Hong Kongers hold PRC passports, particularly those that had the BNO passport  which turned out to be somewhat useless.

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Hong Kong ok, but Taiwan is Taiwan.
They honestly should be happy to not be allowed in the Chinese line. How can you tell a Chinese person from a Taiwanese at the immigration line? The Chinese person or group is cutting que and very boisterous. 

Why would they be cutting 'what'? That means they're Spanish, not Chinese.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Thailand said:

I think you will find that many Hong Kongers hold PRC passports, particularly those that had the BNO passport  which turned out to be somewhat useless.

Not strictly true, Hong Kong nationals with chinese lineage are entitled to hold a BNO passport as well as a HKSAR passport, neither are PRC passports.

a PRC passport requires visas etc to most destinations, a HKSAR Passport is much more flexible 

5 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Not strictly true, Hong Kong nationals with chinese lineage are entitled to hold a BNO passport as well as a HKSAR passport, neither are PRC passports.

a PRC passport requires visas etc to most destinations, a HKSAR Passport is much more flexible 

I stand corrected.

Completey off topic.

Dongguan - Been there a couple of times, her indoors has a multitude of relatives there. Her mother was the matriarch  of the "tribe". First time there we were were treated like royalty and over 100 turned up for dinner on one evening