BMA boosts park patrols after gay-sex complaint

webfact

BMA boosts park patrols after gay-sex complaint

By The Nation

bc5c045194dc54260a4dfabdc4ab2e1e-sld.jpe

Complaints online about homosexual men having sex in Lumpini Park has prompted the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration is keep a closer watch on all 37 public parks in the capital.

The complaint on Twitter about gay sex at 360-rai Lumpini Park was widely re-tweeted. 

“I have already ordered an increase in officials patrolling the parks,” Deputy Governor Chakrabhand Phiew-ngarm said on Sunday. 

He said the parks were also fitted with security cameras and more lighting.

Chakrabhand said sex in public places was illegal and police would arrest offenders.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30351984

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-13

Shocked Officials Learn Bangkok Parks Used For Sex

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

S__8937503-1-696x522.jpg

Lumpini Park. Photo: Matichon

BANGKOK — City Hall on Sunday promised to increase surveillance of all public parks after netizens called attention to the fact people use them to have sex.

The announcement came only days after Bangkok Gov. Aswin Kwanmuang refuted a recent tweet that went viral from someone who said they saw a group of men having sex in Lumpini Park. Officials now acknowledged the issue and said more preventive measures were coming, including the deployment of more security guards in all parks.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bangkok/2018/08/13/shocked-officials-learn-bangkok-parks-used-for-sex/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-08-13
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Crossy said:

But, but, but ...

I'm assuming the 100k is paying for the extra patrols.

I'm going to make a guess, that some entrepreneur is going to prove the Governor wrong.  Will a video be proof?  Pay up Gov. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Estrada said:

Lumpini Park has been used by Freelancers for the last 36 years that I know of. They stand on the road alongside the park in full view of the Lumpini Police Station. Can I get the B100,000?

From the incredible bullshitting deputy governor? Somehow I doubt it. Form an orderly queue - it's gone around Lumphini Park perimeter twice already.

On 8/13/2018 at 2:53 PM, webfact said:

Shocked Officials Learn Bangkok Parks Used For Sex

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

S__8937503-1-696x522.jpg

Lumpini Park. Photo: Matichon

BANGKOK — City Hall on Sunday promised to increase surveillance of all public parks after netizens called attention to the fact people use them to have sex.

The announcement came only days after Bangkok Gov. Aswin Kwanmuang refuted a recent tweet that went viral from someone who said they saw a group of men having sex in Lumpini Park. Officials now acknowledged the issue and said more preventive measures were coming, including the deployment of more security guards in all parks.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bangkok/2018/08/13/shocked-officials-learn-bangkok-parks-used-for-sex/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-08-13

Ahh , so this is the reason 12 Bangkok parks are receiving a make over.

Its obviously to make the experience more satisfying. 

On 8/13/2018 at 8:25 AM, sammieuk1 said:

If there's something strange in your neighbourhood who ya going to call the Pokébum hunters?  

In the national press today they made a bit of a Freudian slip, and referred to the game as Pokeman go