How early can I get a visa extension?

I apologize if this has been answered multiple times already. I couldn’t find anything when searching.... 

How many days before my visa expires can I apply for an extension?

I’m American, 44

Came in on a 60 day tourist visa

@Ator

Pattaya (Jomtien) specify not earlier than 30 days before the end of the current permission to stay and they pretty much stick to their own rule. So extending with 29 days left to run is no problem.

However, if they are busy, which they are in December and January, the reception desk will turn back those with more than 7 days remaining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

Pattaya (Jomtien) specify not earlier than 30 days before the end of the current permission to stay and they pretty much stick to their own rule. So extending with 29 days left to run is no problem.

For an a 30 day extension of a 60 day tourist visa entry? I don't think they would do it 30 days early.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For an a 30 day extension of a 60 day tourist visa entry? I don't think they would do it 30 days early.

Yeah, I did that more than once in the 20 - 30 day before range. 30 days is what they state at Jomtien. 31 days and they will refuse to do it and quote the 30-day rule. 29 days before and you are good to go, except in Dec/Jan when they are busy.