Pattaya's road tunnel gardens: They are just an eyesore typical of messy Pattaya

webfact

Pattaya's road tunnel gardens: They are just an eyesore typical of messy Pattaya

10pm.jpg

Pictures (3): Pattaya News

Thai media Pattaya News said that they had received complaints from tourists that the gardens on top of the longest tunnel in Thailand are in a disgraceful state.

They are dead or dying due to a complete lack of maintenance from the local authority.

39217554_2077654799219475_693146226232655872_n.jpg

In fact they are typical of Pattaya - a mess.

The tunnel - much hyped and topped with joyous dancing dolphins when it finally opened - has a 420 meter tunnel section.

The gardens on top were meant to display Pattaya in all its glory.

10pm1.jpg

But now after a lack of watering and general maintenance they are dying and in a terrible state.

Pictures on the media's Facebook site proved the sad state of affairs .

Pattaya news said this mirrors the resort in many ways where care and attention to detail are lacking.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-16

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

Pattaya news said this mirrors the resort in many ways where care and attention to detail are lacking. 

Could be said for the whole country actually. The ability to think ahead, seems strangely lacking.

28 minutes ago, webfact said:

They are dead or dying due to a complete lack of maintenance from the local authority.

You would assume they budgeted for it, so if nothing has been done, I wonder where the money has gone?

Maybe someone should check to see if the gardener has a shiny new luxury car?

1 hour ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

You would assume they budgeted for it, so if nothing has been done, I wonder where the money has gone?

Most don't know what a budget is. The idea of making sure you allocate money for the future is not considered.

3 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Haven't been there since this thing was completed, but right, putting leaping dolphins on top of a tunnel amidst the spectacle of it flooding, is amusing. ?

Has any body driven through it in a down poor. I think all is ok,  as stated b4 it's on top of a hill

In another life, USA, jokingly sprinkled seeds kids brought to me around edge of pool. A couple months later 2-3 foot plants that looked surprisingly like ganja. Joke on Dad, ha ha, jokers got to pull all "weeds" as well as till the garden soil.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The tunnel - much hyped and topped with joyous dancing dolphins when it finally opened - has a 420 meter tunnel section.

The gardens on top were meant to display Pattaya in all its glory.

The gardens are a snapshot of Pattaya in all its glory. 

Everything started with great fanfare, the project went over time and over budget. The long term result is a mess due to a total lack of maintenance and planning. 

A true snapshot of Pattaya and Thailand as a whole.

The plants in the road divider on Theppraya Road and Jomtien Second Road are regularly trimmed and watered. Almost every week there seem to be some cones out so the gardeners can do their work.. Well done the local authorities!

Do not know what happened with the tunnel garden.....

58 minutes ago, Tiredofglasshalfemptyexpat said:

The tunnel has done a fantastic job for traffic. All the usual glass half empty crowd on here with their "hilarious" comments about flooding .... Grow up.  

Ah yes, another already jaded, cynical "Newbie" joins ThaiVisa forum.  Again. ?

3 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

It  wont be the gardener that has a shiny new motor

1 hour ago, Chang_paarp said:

The gardens are a snapshot of Pattaya in all its glory. 

Everything started with great fanfare, the project went over time and over budget. The long term result is a mess due to a total lack of maintenance and planning. 

A true snapshot of Pattaya and Thailand as a whole.

So in your reconning, just because the gardens are a mess, something that can easily be sorted, the long term result is a mess. I and many people who use the tunnel find it an excellent addition to the road system. No floods there, no traffic jams at Pattaya Klang. When the bypass is finished the road system in and around Pattaya will be very good. So the long term message is not a "mess" as you put it. Sort out the gardens which because of the publicity the authorities will now do and all will be fine. Get of Pattaya and Thailand's back. If you dont like it dont come here.

3 hours ago, Tiredofglasshalfemptyexpat said:

The tunnel has done a fantastic job for traffic. All the usual glass half empty crowd on here with their "hilarious" comments about flooding .... Grow up.  

So true ! 

5 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Budgeted for it?  I doubt they even budgeted for any sort of road or bridge or infrastructure maintenance.  When a pump fails, or pot holes appear, then they will scurry about thinking about what to do

Archived