New poll commissioner vows to prevent crooks from getting into the parliament

rooster59

Just enforce bans for people convicted of corruption and other prison sentences. Usually they get a so many year ban, should be lifetime if found guilty of corruption. 

I like his attitude but its not really fair, just make sure the judiciary works faster on corruption cases and let them make sure the ban is added to sentences. This way its proven in court someone is corrupt and can't run. Can't have him.. how ever admirable his thoughts are to be the one deciding. 

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

New poll commissioner vows to prevent crooks from getting into the parliament

And here is our popular Sunday quiz, fill in the blank:

New poll commissioner vows to prevent (..............) crooks from getting into the parliament.

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Er... Ahem... Oh...

Your job is to run a clean election. One side is cheating already by campaigning when others can't, long before it begins. What precisely are you going to do about that?

Looking forward to your clear condemnation of the practice and remedial measures...

That "one side" appointed him to a splendid, well paid "retirement job". 

He owes them. 

No doubt he will march in step. 

• Like 2

Seems to me this guy feels he has some power to interfere in the peoples will. Also i suggest someone starts looking at cases he has been involved in as a judge....i thought it was the innocent until proven guilty and the burden of proof is on the prosecution. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Remember that this person was selected by an unelected NLA that was appointed by a military junta.

He has no moral high ground to serve as an EC member and decide who will not be able to get into the parliament.

Was that not what I was saying.. i like how he thinks.. not allowing crooks as MP's but its not his decision to make.