Living in a quiet Issan village.

colinneil

When I still lived in USA and used to travel to Asia for months at a time, I used to remove the rotor from the distributor in my parked car.

Maybe with electronic ignition these days, you could put in a switch or similar to accomplish the same.

• Like 1

I just wonder what more you need to do Colin...you must be so fed up.

Perhaps, as Crossy suggests, some Floodlights & a solonoid release for the dawg.

Taser 'gun' also?

Thoughts are with you on this rainy morning.

• Like 2

Just now, JLCrab said:

So do 'bar stewards' often climb your metal spiked 1.5 meter gate to case your pick-up truck or is it just coincidence that this happened the night your wife was away in Bangkok?

This is the first time anybody has climbed the gate, and yes i think just coincidence that it was the 1 night my wife was away.

• Like 2

I completely understand your insecurity when you are not able to do anything by yourself if something happens. I am sincerely sad for your situation, and hope there was something that could be done. However, of course you should always take a threat seriously, but most of the people, even the ones climbing over fences, do hesitate when it comes to injuring or killing another human beeing. Yeah, how silly it might sound when reading the news, that is actually a fact even in Thailand.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

I would be questioning the care a bit more about this person

Maybe she brags about looking after a Falang at such & such a location 

I wouldn't worry about that too much, if it wasn't her it would have been someone else, nothing is secret in a Isaan village, everyone knows everything that you do, I lived in one for five years, & the bush telegraph is the most efficient thing in the whole village...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Maybe you have a good point there, but she is a cousin of my wife, she used to be my carer every day, till 2 years ago.

Now she only comes when my wife is away, around 3 times a year.

I have spoken with my wife about an hour ago, and she said only Anne my carer knew she would be away, and my wife says she only asked her to come on sunday evening.

I wish we could just move away from here, but as i am restricted in my movements i rely on my wife, so i have to get her agreement on things.

I was born across the road, my family is here and they dont want me to move, so i am stuck.

We hire a car when we visit some of my my Mrs family. We leave our car at home and pretend the hire car is our car. We also live in kranuan according to some of her family. 30 miles from where we live.

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

I wouldn't worry about that too much, if it wasn't her it would have been someone else, nothing is secret in a Isaan village, everyone knows everything that you do, I lived in one for five years, & the bush telegraph is the most efficient thing in the whole village...

It's that 'Special Sauce' in the Somtam, bit like Kryptonite for the mind.

?

• Haha 1

Fascinating . You were born over the road . Your name says Brit.  What's the story Morning Glory ?

Oh about post 4/5  you said Crossy the dog.  I thought you had named your dog after that famous TV poster.   Any way what ever m8 we all like on tv reading yer posts , don't go inactive.

• Haha 1

Have the carer or your wife call the police again and find out why they did not respond to the emergency call. When they do come have your wife show the CCTV vid to identify the culprit unless you fear provoking more problems. Maybe this trespass will convince your wife to move for your safety just a short distance away to a more safe area.

• Like 2