Pattaya "sex orgy" hotel named: Police chief going after participants despite no nakedness

webfact

It is obvious that there is a secular  vs. a  Thai more traditional view here. Modesty vs. a more westernized outlook. So which one  is OK?

Both? One view against the other,  but the moral police is not the answer.

21 minutes ago, smotherb said:

"someone who believes that it is important to work hard and control yourself, and that pleasure is wrong or unnecessary "  Cambridge dictionary.

An oxymoron, and it never worked. You have to keep your body and mind alive to be able to work, and you need sex for that (s. Wilhelm Reich)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

I'd be interested in knowing exactly what the police are going to charge people with

Here we have a pool party in a holiday resort with people enjoying themselves wearing swimming gear (as you would in a swimming pool), as has already been mention - there are actual multiple serious crimes going on in this city day and night and the Pattaya police chose this non event to direct their attention and resource - time for this police chief to go and get someone that actually recognises the difference between holiday fun and criminal activity

I went out on my motorbike a few days ago at 5am in the morning (something I was dreading) and it was very obvious that almost every motorcycle rider and car driver was blind drunk, even had one idiot weaving across sukumvite all lanes from one side to the other (I kid you not), I followed him for a few 100m's then sounded my horn and he nearly fell off

Oh yes - tourist enjoying a pool party ……………………………………… what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obscenity. It's an offence in Thailand if you weren't aware.

Also, under computer crimes act it is illegal to record and distribute obscene material. In fact, even recording & posting on internet anything that can damage the reputation of Thailand, is considered a crime under this act as well.

This is life in Thailand under this government. 

Just now, micmichd said:

An oxymoron, and it never worked. You have to keep your body and mind alive to be able to work, and you need sex for that (s. Wilhelm Reich)

Agreed. Obviously that varies amongnst people... some put more of an emphasis on sex than others. To each his or her own:) Point taken though.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

1 minute ago, TMNH said:

Agreed. Obviously that varies amongnst people... some put more of an emphasis on sex than others. To each his or her own:) Point taken though.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Again....priorities. When the moral police (hypocrites that t hey are) decide  to  descend on people merely having a  good time, then the  legitimacy of authority loses its value. Don't tread on me!

1 minute ago, TMNH said:

My point, but don't  disguise that  human behavior and cast it  as nothing but.                                                                                                 

Well, now you are jumping to conclusions. Who said anything about, "nothing but"?

I said anyone without some sort of puritanical inhibitions. I was not speaking of the Puritan religion. Puritanical inhibitions are not necessarily religiously imposed, they are simply moral objections that frivolous carnal pleasure is unnecessary and should be avoided.

10 minutes ago, dougiemac57 said:

How short sighted the police chief is. People only visit Pattaya because things are that sordid. So he needs to investigate the whole of city starting at his own doorstep

Agreed....if people don't know the reality of  Pattaya, then  they'll soon find out. The hypocrisy is mind-blowing.

I've just looked at the clips.... young people enjoying themselves, heaven forbid.... nothing naughty, nothing sexual, just a pool party!  How did we end up with a headline of  'Pattaya "sex orgy" hotel named: Police chief going after participants despite no nakedness'... unbelievable!!

A few years ago, But after the coup,  my Mrs was one of millions who shared a FB video of buck naked Thai geezers frolicking with dozens of nude nongs in what appeared to be a huge ballroom.  

There was NO attendant uproar ever that I recall. 

Edited by Small Joke

32 minutes ago, TMNH said:

It is obvious that there is a secular  vs. a  Thai more traditional view here. Modesty vs. a more westernized outlook. So which one  is OK?

Both? One view against the other,  but the moral police is not the answer.

Sanook is part of Thai tradition, isn't it? 

Why should Thailand care about Western puritanism?

2 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Sanook is part of Thai tradition, isn't it? 

Why should Thailand care about Western puritanism?

Thai citizens do what they care to do.Western ways have no influence unless they choose such.  And if they do...no sin.

So far no one seems to have mentioned the staff,  who complained,  probably because  not paid enough to work their <deleted> off.  

A long long time ago,  I moonlighted for a catering firm, and worked bar at an event on BondI promenade,  NYE 96. the punters got free flow with the ticket,  one guy I served turned into an ugly drunken animal. The whole thing needed cops to move the trash on after closing,  we were not paid nearly enough to put up with that shit. 

So in fairness,  maybe this dummy spit  has some elements of that shitfight at Bondi?  

Edited by Small Joke

26 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They looked like they were having sex in the pool.

What utter nonsense this is. No-one was naked, no sex was proven to have taken place in public. Nothing happened, except that people were filmed enjoying themselves. That, it seems, could damage Pattaya's image?

Jealousy?   I can not think  of another reason.                                                                                                                                                                                

1 minute ago, TMNH said:

Jealousy?   I can not think  of another reason.                                                                                                                                                                                

Maybe some self-styled VIPs expected free entry and were refused.

1 hour ago, Time Traveller said:

Obscenity. It's an offence in Thailand if you weren't aware.

Also, under computer crimes act it is illegal to record and distribute obscene material. In fact, even recording & posting on internet anything that can damage the reputation of Thailand, is considered a crime under this act as well.

This is life in Thailand under this government. 

Oh please- whileyou have women engaging in  sex abounding...who do you think you're kidding?

• Like 1