Immigration Line Sitter

Wandr

25 minutes ago, cmsally said:

However I do think it would mess up the "system" if suddenly everyone refused to use line sitters or agents. It might be the incentive required to sort it all out.

Yes and loose your "eligibility to remain in country when you run out of time/numbers etc.  The mass exodus of those who need to access the system in the next few days, who now cannot get a number/extension, and now no longer have a extension would certainly ease the burden for those who do not need to use the system for 11 months.

I think your idea is a bit of "cutting of your etc".

PS;  As you probably gathered I will NOT be joining in your "strike" action and will carry on regardless.

Edited by scottiejohn

22 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Sorry.  Who has gone off topic?
My earlier post (54) consisted of 10 lines which were all on the subject of defining what a line sitter was as you seemed unable to grasp this simple situation.  

You then fully requoted that post and highlighted the last 4 lines stating I was off topic. DUH!
I suggest you let the topic drop and as they say "when in a hole stop digging"!

Well the benefit's you mentioned  (unless you call 8am a layin )were from using an agent and you even mentioned an Agent, seems like your memory is going in your old age !! Incidenty why did you mention Line sitter / agent when you are obviously using an agent ? or don't you know what you are using ?         while my "Nominee" (line sitter/agent or whatever) does the tedious stuff which I cannot be bothered to do.

So read the Topic title gain Immigration Line Sitter

Edited by alfieconn
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I don’t understand how anyone can be at odds about line-sitters.  Considering they only charge 300 baht, anyone is free to use them.  They simply provide a service of standing in line.  When you come to replace them, that doesn’t make the line longer, and you are not cutting in front of anyone.  

Line-sitters and agents are not to blame for the situation of having to queue up hours before Immigration opens; the people in charge at Chiang Mai Immigration are to blame since this problem doesn’t seem to exist at other province’s immigration offices, anywhere close to the degree it does in Chiang Mai.

The solution is to fix the root problem, not complain about the symptom.  

Until that happens though, line sitters provide a great service.  Nobody is hurt by it, and you’re providing income to someone who values that 300 baht a lot more than you or I.  It’s a win-win.

Won`t be long before the line sittings will be competing for number slots among themselves.

Anyone is free to use line sitters because immigration doesn`t give a toss. It`s become like a race with no rules.

9 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Well the benefit's you mentioned  (unless you call 8am a layin )were from using an agent and you even mentioned an Agent, seems like your memory is going in your old age !! Incidenty why did you mention Line sitter / agent when you are obviously using an agent ? or don't you know what you are using ?         while my "Nominee" (line sitter/agent or whatever) does the tedious stuff which I cannot be bothered to do.

So read the Topic title gain Immigration Line Sitter

Please don't shout it is very rude.

The rest of your post- better not to comment.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Won`t be long before the line sittings will be competing for number slots among themselves.

Anyone is free to use line sitters because immigration doesn`t give a toss. It`s become like a race with no rules.

Yes, could be the case that there are more line sitters in the queue than can be seen in a day ?

19 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Yes, could be the case that there are more line sitters in the queue than can be seen in a day ?

So what?  I'd rather that the line-sitter didn't get the ticket after waiting all night than me.  He'd get his 300 baht anyway so I'm sure he/she wouldn't mind, and I'd get a peaceful nigh's sleep and be free to try again. 

Actually I don't think it will even come to that.  This situation is an administrative FUBAR primarily in Chiang Mai and not so much at other provincial offices.  Powerful "in charge" people like the head of Immigration for the entire Kingdom don't like gross inefficiencies, especially if they are caused by inept subordinates.  I think it's just a matter of time before the the "Big Boss" in Chiang Mai gets a fire lit under him by the even Bigger Boss in Bangkok.  Just my opinion, but I've seen it happen before in many other bureaucratic settings far more screwed up than here in Chiang Mai.

So, IMHO, line sitters and agents are just a temporary "band-ad".  There's nothing immoral or improper about line-sitters or agents at all; they are simply providing a service in return for compensation  What is immoral and improper is to expect a visa applicant (many of which are elderly) to stand in line all night due to bureaucratic ineptness.

OK? So There!  I've said my piece and I'll get off my soap box now...and so should everybody else because this thread should be dead. ?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

So what?  I'd rather that the line-sitter didn't get the ticket after waiting all night than me.  He'd get his 300 baht anyway so I'm sure he/she wouldn't mind, and I'd get a peaceful nigh's sleep and be free to try again. 

Actually I don't think it will even come to that.  This situation is an administrative FUBAR primarily in Chiang Mai and not so much at other provincial offices.  Powerful "in charge" people like the head of Immigration for the entire Kingdom don't like gross inefficiencies, especially if they are caused by inept subordinates.  I think it's just a matter of time before the the "Big Boss" in Chiang Mai gets a fire lit under him by the even Bigger Boss in Bangkok.  Just my opinion, but I've seen it happen before in many other bureaucratic settings far more screwed up than here in Chiang Mai.

So, IMHO, line sitters and agents are just a temporary "band-ad".  There's nothing immoral or improper about line-sitters or agents at all; they are simply providing a service in return for compensation  What is immoral and improper is to expect a visa applicant (many of which are elderly) to stand in line all night due to bureaucratic ineptness.

OK? So There!  I've said my piece and I'll get off my soap box now...and so should everybody else because this thread should be dead. ?

Anyway don't you need to have a company to employ's Thai's ? something else i will be bringing up in my letter to Immigration ! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Anyway don't you need to have a company to employ's Thai's ? something else i will be bringing up in my letter to Immigration ! 

Here you go http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=comment

Or the foreigners complaints hotline 1111

Make sure you leave your full name and address and contact details in each case.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Here you go http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=comment

Or the foreigners complaints hotline 1111

Make sure you leave your full name and address and contact details in each case.

I did not know there was such a thing.  I wonder if they actually read comments or act on them (not saying that in a "snipely" way).

That is a pretty cool quote BTW...I wonder who would win in a face off with one another, Churchill or Trump?

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Does that mean that you have never paid anyone in Thailand to do anything for you?

PS;  I thought you were demanding that we all stay on topic and not go off on ANY tangents?  I think raising labour law issues is somewhat off subject. (Don't forget your "caps lock")

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Does that mean that you have never paid anyone in Thailand to do anything for you?

PS;  I thought you were demanding that we all stay on topic and not go off on ANY tangents?  I think raising labour law issues is somewhat off subject. (Don't forget your "caps lock")

To be fair it's quite ironic that Foreigner's are paying thai's for line sitting in Immigration, might even get some pic's and send to the National Newspaper's !

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair it's quite ironic that Foreigner's are paying thai's for line sitting in Immigration, might even get some pic's and send to the National Newspaper's!

5 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I guess the mods will remove it but I have to say that you really are a sad little person.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thailand said:

I guess the mods will remove it but I have to say that you really are a sad little person.

+1

I am surprised that he appears to understand "ironic"!

PS; is the "little" in your comment have anything to do with brain size, or lack of?

Just now, Rob5060 said:

This thread must be one of the best examples why people are starting to give up on Thai visa

Why?

Feeding Trolls on line is cheaper than going to either the real CM zoo (without a line sitter) or the old "alternative" Immigration zoo where you need one!

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Why?

Feeding Trolls on line is cheaper than going to either the real CM zoo (without a line sitter) or the old "alternative" Immigration zoo where you need one!

Ses the man who comes on here with jibes about G & T's and laying in bed because he is using an agent ?

Wow...it's really time for this thread to rest-in-peace.  It's getting kind of pointless, nonsensical... and nasty.  Kind of entertaining I guess, but just saying...

If you want some real entertainment read the thread dealing with the impassioned debate about whether you should roll your car window up or down while driving in town.  It's one of the more ultra-wacky ThaiVisa thread I've read in a while ?.  BTW, I don't mean this in a nasty way or with offense to any one poster in particular; it's just funny to me how the simplest, most inconsequential thing can spark such a huge and heated debate on this forum.  Quite entertaining really.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1054472-foreigners-driving-cars-around-town-with-their-driver’s-side-window-down/

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Wow...it's really time for this thread to rest-in-peace.  It's getting kind of pointless, nonsensical... and nasty.  Kind of entertaining I guess, but just saying...

Clean up and close is about right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

If you want some real entertainment read the thread dealing with the impassioned debate about whether you should roll your car window up or down while driving in town.  It's one of the more ultra-wacky ThaiVisa thread I've read in a while ?.  BTW, I don't mean this in a nasty way or with offense to any one poster in particular; it's just funny to me how the simplest, most inconsequential thing can spark such a huge and heated debate on this forum.  Quite entertaining really.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1054472-foreigners-driving-cars-around-town-with-their-driver’s-side-window-down/

Just to stay off topic and annoy "the troll", you may notice I have already made a few contributions to that "wacky Races" thread and having some good fun there too.?️

38 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Never fear - Piglet to the rescue!

Babes-at-new-Immigration-Office.jpg

Just remember that according to "The Troll" you cannot pay for their services unless you own a company in Thailand.

PS; Will it be OK if I ask my agent to book them to come and sit on my lap at home, or again do I need to own a Thai Company?

• Haha 2