Immigration Line Sitter

Wandr

You ask around, the security guard, the noodle shop nearby, students, local people, they may phone a friend send a family member or whatever. Someone will think 300 or 400 baht to sit around at Prom through the night is a good deal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Before 7.30am the majority of the stools occupied at the front of a very long queue at Prom will be line sitters, take your pick.

Really? I can show up and ask people sitting there?

The cost is what the poster above said - 300 or 400 baht?

7 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Before 7.30am the majority of the stools occupied at the front of a very long queue at Prom will be line sitters, take your pick.

Shouldn't the immigration officer limit one sitter to one number?

Else it won't be fair to others.

7 minutes ago, Wandr said:

Really? I can show up and ask people sitting there?

The cost is what the poster above said - 300 or 400 baht?

Any person can be line sitter, you don't need any qualifications for that. Just ask any of the students there if they are willing to 'work' part-time.

Cost is 300 baht and if demand is great, maybe higher.

Edited by EricTh

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

Any person can be line sitter, you don't need any qualifications for that. Just ask any of the students there if they are willing to 'work' part-time.

Cost is 300 baht and if demand is great, maybe higher.

and you can even do it yourself, no tools required and free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

and you can even do it yourself, no tools required and free.

1 minute ago, Bill97 said:

Why not?

Oh can't speak Thai.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Carry your Ipad or smartphone with a Thai translation relating to line sitters perhaps?

I guess most of them can read?

4 hours ago, Thailand said:

Carry your Ipad or smartphone with a Thai translation relating to line sitters perhaps?

I guess most of them can read?

I laugh everytime somebody use the Thai translation software, it's just horrible confusing translation.

Those software can only do simple translation like numbers, how much, hi, goodbye etc.

Edited by EricTh

16 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Line sitter's, how ridiculous !  if they are not queuing for their own visa extension then they shouldn't be in the queue, if there are any in the queue the next time i do an Extension i will go and stand in front of them in the queue !

Line sitter is perfectly legal. They can be their friends or relatives so are you going to stand in front of them and making an ugly scene with them which could eventually turn out to be a legal case? Remember, if one has a police record, one won't be able to renew one's visa the next time.

The problem comes when I see a lot of chairs with bags but the line sitters are nowhere in sight for hours. I can understand if they go to the loo for 15 minutes but more than that is unfair. These line sitters could be somewhere sleeping.

I myself had to wait a few hours sitting on my chair at Promenada in the past so I don't see why line sitters can just put that bags there and go somewhere for hours.

Edited by EricTh

44 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Line sitter is perfectly legal. They can be their friends or relatives so are you going to stand in front of them and making an ugly scene with them which could eventually turn out to be a legal case? Remember, if one has a police record, one won't be able to renew one's visa the next time.

Who said that they wasn't legal ? they can be friend's and relatives but they are not as already discussed, why would an ugly scene turn out to be a legal case ? it would just bring the subject of line sitters even more to the attention of Immigration who no doubt are already miffed that people are using these people instead of agent's.

The problem comes when I see a lot of chairs with bags but the line sitters are nowhere in sight for hours. I can understand if they go to the loo for 15 minutes but more than that is unfair. These line sitters could be somewhere sleeping.

Oh so line sitters are not a problem but one's who just put their bags on chairs are a problem, how ironic, please tell me, are line sitters who leave their bags on a chair legal or not, please tell  as you seem to be an expert on such things ? ?

Edited by alfieconn

17 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Line sitter's, how ridiculous !  if they are not queuing for their own visa extension then they shouldn't be in the queue, if there are any in the queue the next time i do an Extension i will go and stand in front of them in the queue !

Actually i have a better idea, on my next visa extension i will go to the line sitter at the front of the queue and ask him/ her to also hold my position for me, now someone tell that isn't within the rules and isn't legal  ?

Edited by alfieconn

17 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Love it you have every right....:clap2:

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Actually i have a better idea, on my next visa extension i will go to the line sitter at the front of the queue and ask him/ her to also hold my position for me, now someone tell that isn't within the rules and isn't legal  ?

I hope your Thai is up to standard for the reply you are likely to get, another video request please when you leap in to action.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Totally agree, it`s preposterous and a out of order.

If the people that are doing business at immigration are not in the queue and then turn up later expecting a queue place that has been grabbed by someone else on their behalf, are queue jumpers and cheating on those fairly waiting to obtain slot numbers. This again may force others to use agents and having to pay more to conduct the process.

In my opinion those that practice this method of queue jumping are pigs of the first degree and literally sh*tting on everyone else, making dealing with immigration for the rest of us more expensive and more chaotic. Shame on you.

I use a line sitter for a few years and have recommended them to others that have asked me so by association you are referring to me and those others that use such service as "pigs of the first degree"  if that is the level of response you feel necessary to sink to on this forum then I feel quite sorry for you and find it is strange that such comments are acceptable to the ptb. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Oh so line sitters are not a problem but one's who just put their bags on chairs are a problem, how ironic, please tell me, are line sitters who leave their bags on a chair legal or not, please tell  as you seem to be an expert on such things ? ?

Well then, next time I should put my bag on the chair at 9 pm the day before and come back the next morning at 8:30 am to get the queue number after a good night sleep at home!

Why the need to sit there at all for anyone? Why the need to pay line sitters at all if reserving bags on chairs is considered OK?

If anyone wants to be line-sitters, they should be there in person like everyone else and not disappear for hours.

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

I hope your Thai is up to standard for the reply you are likely to get, another video request please when you leap in to action.

Why would i get a negative response, the sitter can earn double bubble, in fact i will pay above the going rate and perhaps i will video the Line sitters original customer's reaction when i explain what has happened, all above board of course and why would i need to leap into action ? just turn up at the correct time exactly the same at the line sitters first customer, what is he going to say " your not allowed to use a line sitter " ?

Edited by alfieconn

44 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Well then, next time I should put my bag on the chair at 9 pm the day before and come back the next morning at 8:30 am to get the queue number after a good night sleep at home!

Where does it say that you are not allowed to do this ? 

Why the need to sit there at all for anyone?

There is no need.

Why the need to pay line sitters at all if reserving bags on chairs is considered OK?

Show me where reserving bag's on chair's is not considered ok ? 

If anyone wants to be line-sitters, they should be there in person like everyone else and not disappear for hours.

?  ? ? You mean like the person who employs a line -sitter does  ? so it's ok for a person to put a line sitter on their chair but not for line sitter to put a bag on their chair ?

It's the total the irony of your post that is making me laugh, it's perfectly legal for Line sitter to leave their bag on the chair although perhaps not morally correct and  it would be chaos  if everyone did it,  some people would say using Line sitters is not morally correct and likewise it would be chaos if everyone did it ?

Edited by alfieconn

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

I use a line sitter for a few years and have recommended them to others that have asked me so by association you are referring to me and those others that use such service as "pigs of the first degree"  if that is the level of response you feel necessary to sink to on this forum then I feel quite sorry for you and find it is strange that such comments are acceptable to the ptb. 

So that make's it ok then ?

3 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Can't really see the point of your posts as you obviously have no idea how things attempt to work at Chiangmai Immigration so I guess simply trolling.

I know totally how things attempt to work  or are you the only one who does ?

I do like it when someone comes out with the old Trolling comment, usually when they are lost for word's ?

Edited by alfieconn

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I know totally how things attempt to work  or are you the only one who does ?

I do like it when someone comes out with the old Trolling comment, usually when they are lost for word's ?

Nope, you really have no idea, obvious from your posts and not once have you replied to the op who was asking how to access a line sitter, even completely the opposite, it's called trolling.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Nope, you really have no idea, obvious from your posts and not once have you replied to the op who was asking how to access a line sitter, even completely the opposite, it's called trolling.

Oh sorry, i didn't realize that not replying to the OP about a Line Sitter confirm's that i know nothing about how Immigration work's, anyway i see that you haven't replied to the following post.

Why would i get a negative response, the sitter can earn double bubble, in fact i will pay above the going rate and perhaps i will video the Line sitters original customer's reaction when i explain what has happened, all above board of course and why would i need to leap into action ? just turn up at the correct time exactly the same at the line sitters first customer, what is he going to say " your not allowed to use a line sitter "

?

Don't know how the line sitting works now that nobody is allowed into the "line sitting" area until 5am.

Are people queing on the pavement outside in an orderly fashion or is it a free for all at 5am?

None of us ever knew what a "Line Sitter" was until a little while ago !!   Same as Brexit, so many new words and phrases to become familiar with

What happens when you have to go for a "comfort break"? 

If a Friend of a friend (i.e. the partner of someone sitting near you) offers to sit on your seat is that ok?

If you just put a piece of paper saying "back in 10 Min", is that OK?

All I would suggest that people do NOT confuse a "line sitter" who technically should be called a "seat sitter" (although I prefer the term "seat warmer" with agents. A "seat sitter" is just your individual nominee and ONLY dealing with his/her single sponsor and only using up one "ticket".

The Agency system is totally different and does NOT use up the "Ticket System" in the way that it is accused of elsewhere on this forum.  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1