Sakon Nakhon. Getting a 'Life Certificate' signed

Moonlover

Hi folks. I hope I can connect with someone who lives in or near Sakon Nakhon.

I've recently moved here from Udon Thani and have just received the dreaded 'Life Certificate' from one of my pension providers.

Can anyone in the area guide me to a lawyer or similar person who is familiar with this procedure and can sign off as a 'witness to my hand' as they say?

I have been thinking of approaching the Abbot in our local temple. I'm not sure whether he would be regarded as a 'Minister of Religion' back in Crawley, West Sussex!

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers ML

oh yes the FORM I have had this done by the puy yai ban      also my bank  K HAVE DONE THIS FOR ME  to make things go a little smoother i copied the form and got my wife to enter Thai

on the copy  so the person filling in the form understood what it was all about the secret is to make sure they have an influential looking rubber stamp  to top it all off try to include their a copy of their Thai id   because at the other end no one will understand anyway  good luck

don't make it the dreaded form max 200/500 bht added advice don't use lawyers      5k/10k

Edited by Lamkyong

Didn’t know what it was being from the US looked it up.There was a list of who can sign which are attached.

Had anissue a few years back an agency reported me as deceased. Bank account was locked and even I could not access. Had to go to US

a d get letter from Social security saying I wasn’t deceased.  Happened twice. 

DEB3689C-DF20-4AB9-9379-F91FDA0C4599.jpeg

FB7BE07F-285E-4B62-A74B-ECCC4C8FBB06.jpeg

1DB01A6A-8D1C-4FFD-85DD-DB7AB2A5D899.jpeg

• Like 1

It appears poor old sinbin is confused about who can sign your life certificate.

Well i will try to explain in simple terms.

A civil servant, that is a person who is employed by the governmenti.e. worker in the Amphur, worker in the Tessabahn, worker in the driving license office.

Doctor,that is a person you consult if you are sick.

School director, that is the boss at a school.

Policeman that is the man who locks you in a cell when you have been naughty.

Now sinbin is advising people to get involved in corruption, naughty naughty.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Didn’t know what it was being from the US looked it up.There was a list of who can sign which are attached.

Had anissue a few years back an agency reported me as deceased. Bank account was locked and even I could not access. Had to go to US

a d get letter from Social security saying I wasn’t deceased.  Happened twice. 

DEB3689C-DF20-4AB9-9379-F91FDA0C4599.jpeg

FB7BE07F-285E-4B62-A74B-ECCC4C8FBB06.jpeg

1DB01A6A-8D1C-4FFD-85DD-DB7AB2A5D899.jpeg

Recently did a UK police check and used my pharmacist, so I reckon that would be the easiest in Thailand as there is one, virtually on every corner, and they usually can speak English too.

Edited by SunsetT

On 8/23/2018 at 12:18 PM, colinneil said:

It appears poor old sinbin is confused about who can sign your life certificate.

Now sinbin is advising people to get involved in corruption, naughty naughty.

Not confused at all. Like all the garbage you post on here you are wrong. I have to do other 'Life Certificates' sent from the UK. They all accept a certified stamped signature from Immigration. Otherwise known as a 'Local Government Officer'. 'Tea money' is a tip for assistance for going beyond their job description.

For my 3 kids UK passports I got a retired forklift operator from Manchester to countersign them. All he put down as occupation was 'retired'. Now go misinform others. You seem to do it so well.

Edited by sinbin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sinbin said:

Not confused at all. Like all the garbage you post on here you are wrong. I have to do other 'Life Certificates' sent from the UK. They all accept a certified stamped signature from Immigration. Otherwise known as a 'Local Government Officer'. 'Tea money' is a tip for assistance for going beyond their job description.

For my 3 kids UK passports I got a retired forklift operator from Manchester to countersign them. All he put down as occupation was 'retired'. Now go misinform others. You seem to do it so well.

Having a bad day are we. Never mind, just come back when you can be polite.

Also this thread has absolutely nothing to do with passports, it appears you are getting confused, maybe early onset altsymers

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, colinneil said:

maybe early onset altsymers

smiley-laughing.gif smiley-laughing.gif smiley-laughing.gif It's alzheimer's. Get yerself to the clinic. It can be treated.

A passport requires the same sort of signatory as a 'life signatory'. In fact the same. There is the connection but maybe you have 'altsymers' and forgot that?'  smiley-laughing.gif

Edited by sinbin
  • Like 2

Doesn't everyone here know a local friendly farang teacher?

Note that whoever signs doesn't need a 'stamp'. Apparent requirement but not enforced (or at least that was the case when I last got a teacher mate to sign mine a couple of years ago).

Just had another request myself from UK Pension Service - I guess it's gonna be a biennial thing then

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sinbin said:

I received my letter from UK Pension Service today. Took it to a friend of the wife who works at the Amphur (local government) for her to sign. Job done.

Ditto, got mine yesterday,they must be sending them out to Thailand

this year,last time I used a Dentist. 

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Doesn't everyone here know a local friendly farang teacher?

Note that whoever signs doesn't need a 'stamp'. Apparent requirement but not enforced (or at least that was the case when I last got a teacher mate to sign mine a couple of years ago).

Just had another request myself from UK Pension Service - I guess it's gonna be a biennial thing then

The certificate I have just dealt with was from the Armed Forces agency, Equiniti Paymaster. They set the witness qualifying bar a little higher than the Pension Service and a teacher might not make the grade.

Interesting comment regarding the requirement for a stamp. On the witness declaration for the State Pension, there is the line:

'I have placed my official stamp on this form'.

And the covering letter also calls for the form to be signed and stamped.

I have always regarded that as a mandatory requirement and have treated it as such, but if you have had a different experience, fair enough.

Edited by Moonlover

Just nipped up to the local friendly Chemist,no customers in,

filled it straight in and chopped it, says he has already done

5 last week.

Around the corner to the Post office, job done in a few minutes,

now the worry ,is it going to get there,i suppose you find out if

your pension is stopped,which is too late,see their letter took

nearly 4 weeks to get here,it's a good job they extended the 

return time to 16 weeks,before it was 6 weeks? and the letter

took so long to get here had about a week left to return it,

so had to send by courier.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

The certificate I have just dealt with was from the Armed Forces agency, Equiniti Paymaster. They set the witness qualifying bar a little higher than the Pension Service and a teacher might not make the grade.

Interesting comment regarding the requirement for a stamp. On the witness declaration for the State Pension, there is the line:

'I have placed my official stamp on this form'.

And the covering letter also calls for the form to be signed and stamped.

I have always regarded that as a mandatory requirement and have treated it as such, but if you have had a different experience, fair enough.

Yes I do have a different experience. Two years ago I phoned up the Pension Service enquiry line and asked and they said 'no problem if your chosen signing party doesn't have a stamp'. Think I posted that on ThaiV somewhere at the time.

Costs next to nowt on Skype to phone up, so anyone who is unsure can always check it out.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Costs next to nowt on Skype to phone up, so anyone who is unsure can always check it out

Sorry to go off the thread here, but you can use skype to make a phone call to the uk?  Landline or mobile?

Do you use the 0044 or +44 and miss out the zero?

Many thanks

Mobile or land line?  No. You'll use the Skype app, either on computer or mobile device.  No need to worry about calling codes; my Skype asks what country I'm calling and applies the country code automatically.

5 minutes ago, Katia said:

Mobile or land line?  No. You'll use the Skype app, either on computer or mobile device.  No need to worry about calling codes; my Skype asks what country I'm calling and applies the country code automatically.

Thanks for that - need to phone the uk tomorrow so will try it.

10 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

Sorry to go off the thread here, but you can use skype to make a phone call to the uk?  Landline or mobile?

Do you use the 0044 or +44 and miss out the zero?

Many thanks

Yes you can. You can select the country code using the drop down menu or put +44 in the space for it on the dialing pop up.

image.png.5a9f6dddd3505941594b762e36a34089.png

You need Skype credit to pay for the call which is very low cost.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can. You can select the country code using the drop down menu or put +44 in the space for it on the dialing pop up.

image.png.5a9f6dddd3505941594b762e36a34089.png

You need Skype credit to pay for the call which is very low cost.

Thank you for that - much appreciated.

3 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

After reading some of these replies, maybe we should change the thread title to ‘get a life’ certificate???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people may find this boring. Others, such as me, the O/P, have found it a very useful thread and I DO have a life thank you very much.

Nobody is forced to read it!

11 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Some people may find this boring. Others, such as me, the O/P, have found it a very useful thread and I DO have a life thank you very much.

Nobody is forced to read it!

Good point...……….and for the record I get these Life Certificates from the UK and NZ pension people and they have both said that a bank manager can sign them. Easy for me and they have a stamp and won't accept a tip!!

PS. Crawley...…….I'm from Horsham and know Crawley well!!

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Good point...……….and for the record I get these Life Certificates from the UK and NZ pension people and they have both said that a bank manager can sign them. Easy for me and they have a stamp and won't accept a tip!!

PS. Crawley...…….I'm from Horsham and know Crawley well!!

I spent quite some time down that way myself at the Redifon Flight Simulator facility in Crawley.

Talking of Crawley and Equiniti, . Equiniti handle two pensions for me. Armed Forces and BAE Systems.

I moved from Udon Thani to Sakon Nakhon last year and wrote to both departments informing them of my new address. I heard nothing back from either for some months and it wasn't until a letter was sent to my old address that I discovered that neither of my letters had been actioned. I did 'track and Trace' on both of them, so I'm sure they were delivered.

I've now established that the best way to communicate with them is by fax. BAE Systems even accepted my life certificate by that means. I have emailed the Armed Forces dept and asked them whether they will do the same. I'll post the result of that request on the forum.

I also intend to follow up of all communication from now on.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1