Don Meuang Airport: Enter three time times then go back to your home country!

Why complain??? So now you all know how it is for us Asians when border staff at your western airports scrutinize our entire life before either admitting or refusing us!

I do not understand why this is a debatable issue here! Tourists don't stay for 180 days or more, let alone years! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jackdd said:

In case they ever deny me entry with a visa exempt and the reason they stamp in my passport is not 12(1) or 12(10) i will submit the appeal and see what happens ?

Where will you wait while the appeal is being considered.

Airside, IDC?

They can just leave you sweating it out for days, weeks, until you decide to leave of your own accord.

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is one person's opinion. In my opinion it is not correct.

On consideration, I agree with you. Officials generally are not denying entry pursuant to Section 12 (1) or Section 12 (10) so an appeal of denied entry under visa exemption generally ought to be allowed. That said, in 2014 the officials were given pretty broad discretion to deny visa exempt entry, so I do not know how likely an appeal is to succeed.

17 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Airside, IDC?

They can just leave you sweating it out for days, weeks, until you decide to leave of your own accord.

My stay at the airport (or wherever) would be limited to one week, if the minister hasn't denied me until then, i can enter Thailand.

if the Minister does not have an order within seven days beginning from the date of submitting the appeal, it is considered that the Minister has ordered that said alien is not forbidden from entering into the Kingdom under Section 12

I don't know where i would have to stay, according to the law it seems to be the decision of the IO

In inspecting and considering whether an alien is forbidden from entering the Kingdom, the competent official shall have authority to allow said alien to stay at an appropriate place after promising that he will present himself to the competent official to received his orders on a specified date, time and place; or if the competent official deems appropriate he may call for a bond or call fir both bond and security; or the competent official may detain said aliens at any place for paragraph, the competent official shall have power to call a person, who’s statement the competent official has reason to believe may be useful in case of doubt, to give oath, testimony, or statements to the competent officials.

Edited by jackdd

6 minutes ago, BritTim said:

On consideration, I agree with you. Officials generally are not denying entry pursuant to Section 12 (1) or Section 12 (10) so an appeal of denied entry under visa exemption generally ought to be allowed. That said, in 2014 the officials were given pretty broad discretion to deny visa exempt entry, so I do not know how likely an appeal is to succeed.

The only thing issued in 2014 was this Immigration Bureau guideline 0029.1712076 - visa-exempt out-in checklist .

16 minutes ago, jackdd said:

My stay at the airport (or wherever) would be limited to one week, if the minister hasn't denied me until then, i can enter Thailand.

if the Minister does not have an order within seven days beginning from the date of submitting the appeal, it is considered that the Minister has ordered that said alien is not forbidden from entering into the Kingdom under Section 12

What it states in writing and what actually happens are two different things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mvdf said:

Why complain??? So now you all know how it is for us Asians when border staff at your western airports scrutinize our entire life before either admitting or refusing us!

I do not understand why this is a debatable issue here! Tourists don't stay for 180 days or more, let alone years! 

In my passport-country, the USA, millions enter the country on short-term visas, never leave, take jobs illegally, and drive-down wages by taking jobs from citizens.  Tens of millions of our citizens have had their lives/futures/families destroyed this way.  A similar pattern occurs in Europe.

When/if that is happening from Westerners entering Thailand - on a remotely similar relative-scale - I would fully expect the same response, to protect Thai wages from downward pressure.  But since wages are higher in Western nations than they are in Thailand, this is not a current threat to the well-being of Thai citizens.  In fact, when Western people are denied-entry, they cannot spend their foreign-earned capital in Thailand, and Thai businesses and working-folks are hurt by this.  The dynamic / effect is the exact reverse.

I do regret that issues with eligibility to enter the USA (and other Western nations) are not ALL settled pre-flight, however.  It is indeed cruel to pre-clear a person to take a vacation, then turn them around at the border - wrecking their plans - because of some low-level IO's opinion.  The only case I can think of where letting the person make the flight and then stopping them, would be to trick and catch a wanted-fugitive or national-security threat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

The job can't be so difficult if they still have time to make up their own rules. Just stamping somebody in is clearly easier than making up a rule to refuse him entry

It would seem, in most cases, this is because their immediate-supervisor is telling them they must do this - though there are some who may participate with relish, so refer more "close" cases to the supervisor, than others.  Reports here indicate supervisors are quoting unpublished rules to those questioned and/or denied-entry (made-up rules, in my view).

2 hours ago, mvdf said:

Because your a very high risk of working ilegal and sending money home. Foreigners stay in Asia because they already have the means. Unfortunately it's a numbers game. And the numbers are against you.

4 hours ago, jackdd said:
4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Airside, IDC?

I don't know where i would have to stay, according to the law it seems to be the decision of the IO

There was one case reported here where the person said they would try to appeal.  They were kept in the airport-detention facility for a few days.  A second unrelated person, who was detained during the same time-period, reported the first person was not allowed to submit their appeal.

- I met the guy from the other thread in detention and he just... Donno how to say it. They just didn't give a <deleted> about his appeal and anything he had to say and at some point they just threw him in the next plane to Malaysia. They didn't even give him an appointment with supervisor

The thread of the person who said they would attempt appeal (entered with a valid Tourist Visa plus 25K Baht worth of cash and a flight-out in-hand):

The person detained at the same time, who was also refused-entry (had a new ED Visa, but not the 20K Baht cash) reported on the outcome:

Edit: the OP reported the final outcome himself in this post:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/992077-entry-denied-bangkok-airport/?do=findComment&amp;comment=12091161

He was not allowed to submit the appeal.  Maybe he could have, if he had the form with him.

Edited by JackThompson

Yeah Jack, even though that particular report is more credible than others, it still contains a few unclarities. Unfortunately, reports of somewhat shady nature tend to get quoted years after years. So say for instance, if the OP was lying or was not clear about the full picture of his situation, by repeating these lies in time, they become "truth".

I will say this though.

There are some very frustrated IO's at Don Muang (at times).

On my previous way out, because I asked the simple question: should I not leave the departure card with the re-entry office while getting the reentry permit (because that's how it was on previous times), the guy got quite agressive and started yelling: "I am Immigration also", pointing to the logos on his clothes. That was a reaction way out of line and would not want to bump into that guy on my way in.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lkv said:

I will say this though.

There are some very frustrated IO's at Don Muang (at times).

On my previous way out, because I asked the simple question: should I not leave the departure card with the re-entry office while getting the reentry permit (because that's how it was on previous times), the guy got quite agressive and started yelling: "I am Immigration also", pointing to the logos on his clothes. That was a reaction way out of line and would not want to bump into that guy on my way in.

Yes, it is surely stressful for them too, not having clear rules on what is "right" vs "wrong" - but being held responsible as if they "should have known," later.  A nightmare work-environment, for sure.

3 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Yes, it is surely stressful for them too, not having clear rules on what is "right" vs "wrong" - but being held responsible as if they "should have known," later.  A nightmare work-environment, for sure.

Nah. My feeling is some of them just don't like us anymore, based on this idiotic anti foreigner propaganda that has being going on in the last few years.

At least that's the vibe I got from that particular one.

I will add however that others acted very polite.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yeah I've seen this growing dislike towards foreigners lately. It's always phrased as a question "When you go back home?" It's really them seeing you as a pest. There are many foreigners living in Thailand with proper paperwork but many Thai's simply do not want to accept that fact. Then there are also foreigners (to asia) who live in and around Thailand and travel to there as a second or third home.

25 minutes ago, Humid said:

How do you think Thai people would go trying to do this in the US or Oz?

Just a thought

Not sure about US or OZ  but for a UK holiday a Thai usually gets issued a 6 month visitor visa, no VE's or VOA's. If they overstay just once it will make it extremely difficult for them to get another one plus back to back visas would also be almost impossible.

They have to apply for the visa in Thailand only AFAIK.

Edited by overherebc