I've had enough of HDPrime

Bangkok Barry

22 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

HDPrime is 400 a month, and the cheapest (12 month) price for Pulse is 834. So please let me know where you find it for 50 a week.

That's is you have anything sensible to say, which in your two posts above you do not.

Your not serious bickering about the price of Pulse are you?

Its brilliant, its more or less FULL Sky Uk service, with at least 24 hours catch up.

I pay 1,000 baht each month, which is a fraction of the price that you pay in the UK for Sky.

It is not broadcast from Thailand. I have been using it for ages now, and its superb.

I watch on my desk top computer, phone, and lap top.

I use an HDML cable to connect to large flat screen tv (any tv with hdml port).

Yes, sometimes not in sync, or sometimes no sound, but send an email and its fixed straight away.

Its brilliant, and I even use it in Spain when I go home there.

If you have a computer you do not need to buy a box.  I hate boxes.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thanks. I'll take a look. I have 50mps and might upgrade to 100, but I'm told that 3 is enough for internet tv. Speed isn't a problem for me.

no Barry, you have just got deep pockets where you wallet lives, and very short arms

9 hours ago, Wiggy said:

I've had Pulse TV for quite some time now and I'm very pleased with it. I do get buffering sometimes, but very rarely. I'm with True Internet at 30Mbps. I was with 365 before, and their product was better, but that was due to their servers being in Thailand. With the single gateway problems can arise with servers located abroad (as with Pulse) as the signal needs to feed through the gateway, and gets throttled hence the buffering, albeit rare. As brewsterbudgen says, Pulse's online customer support is very good and the picture quality is very close to HD standard. I too wish for more than just 24-hour catch up though. The best thing is I can pay one month at a time, so if it does go t**s up my loss is minimal (I lost a lot when 365 went under). It's all about 5 minutes behind actual broadcast time in the UK.

the reason you get throttling or buffering is because you are with True.  Change to IAS and you wont have any more problems. they do not throttle.

8 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

Its brilliant, its more or less FULL Sky Uk service, with at least 24 hours catch up.

I pay 1,000 baht each month, which is a fraction of the price that you pay in the UK for Sky.

It is not broadcast from Thailand. I have been using it for ages now, and its superb.

Yes, sometimes not in sync, or sometimes no sound, but send an email and its fixed straight away.

+ 1.............. I would rather spend 1,000 baht a month or 33b a day for Pulse that to go for a cheaper operator which you never know is going to work when you need it.The online assistance is a great help and you only need a very low internet speed.I only pay 2 mths at a time as I got a slight bite from Expat TV. But each his own info sharing is caring

1 minute ago, Sparkles said:

+ 1.............. I would rather spend 1,000 baht a month or 33b a day for Pulse that to go for a cheaper operator which you never know is going to work when you need it.The online assistance is a great help and you only need a very low internet speed.I only pay 2 mths at a time as I got a slight bite from Expat TV. But each his own info sharing is caring

i did the free trial with Expat Tv.  the bloke was very helpful, and we tried lots of things, but could not get rid of the constant buffering.  

23 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

i did the free trial with Expat Tv.  the bloke was very helpful, and we tried lots of things, but could not get rid of the constant buffering.  

Strange. Are you connected direct to internet and through an android box. I bought the box through Lazada,never buffers.I have 3 BB's lowest priced package 631b a mth

41 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

the reason you get throttling or buffering is because you are with True.  Change to IAS and you wont have any more problems. they do not throttle.

I've been on True, AIS & (now) CSLoxinfo online services. No difference with buffering & freezing between any of them. As for throttling I'd like to see any evidence of that (other than normal speed throttling which they all do) beyond myth?

BTW to follow up from my previous post here, IPTV advise me that they don't have catch-up. They didn't answer the other question about Kodi. That excludes them for me.

Concerning HD Prime, I watched all of the weekend games with no issues on Bein. Never buffered once and I watched it on the Europe server here in the U.K.  I only get buffering now and again in Thailand  but generally I find its a great service.  So I would put it down to your ISP.

13 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Concerning HD Prime, I watched all of the weekend games with no issues on Bein. Never buffered once and I watched it on the Europe server here in the U.K.  I only get buffering now and again in Thailand  but generally I find its a great service.  So I would put it down to your ISP.

I started using HDPrime when they were still known as ILikeHD.

The service used to be great. Good connections, good streaming and no buffering. Over the last 3 months it became gradually worse.

I gave up last month.

Nothing to do with ISP as all of the other websites I now use are perfect.

I have HDPrime and have had since the beginning.  I pay for the full service which includes movies and series (and XXX should you want it).  There were some teething problems in the very early days which they fixed.  I've heard lots of people that have problems.  Surely I'm not the only one that gets a perfect service.  No buffering.  All TV channels work along with catch-up.  Movies are added every couple of days and are up to date.  Series is great.  I agree that recently there have been a few times the mainstream channels (usually ITV1) are out of sync, but it's minimal and usually sorted by the next day. 

I have 3BB fibre but I didn't have at the start and it worked perfectly okay then.

I'll certainly stick with them as long as they're going.

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:

Do you know if they have an app so you can watch it through a STB?

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:

Same as my service which I just paid 350THB (8UKP) for a months usage. It comes with 72 hours catchup. Pulse is overpriced.

I see a lot of talk here, but obviously most have no idea what IPTV actually is and why there are issues.

Basically in Thailand you have the choice between True visions, which cost probably about 2000 Baht a month for a handful of foreign channels with continuous repeats, and which runs from Thailand based servers.

On the other hand you have several IPTV services, which cost between 400 and 1200 Baht a month for thousands of foreign channels, and which runs from servers abroad.

As with everything else in the world, you get what you pay for, so don't expect the 400 Baht service to be equal to the 1200 baht one. Of course it are the exceptions that prove the rule.

When a stream buffers it can have many different reasons. It can be the service that is mediocre, it can be the application you use, the spec of the device on which the app is installed, the operating system of your device, your router, your ISP, your connection to the router, or even the channel itself that has issues. I'm sure I even forget a couple of factors that can cause the issues.

In short, pinning down the reason for a stream issues is same as looking in Pandora's box.

I also notice that most of the poster in this and many other related threads also don't have an idea how the internet works.

The speeds quoted on your internet package are local speeds. Thailand has a lot of temples and hookers, but no IPTV servers, so that 30 - 50 - or 200Mb quoted on your internet package means nothing at all, because most likely you will get only a fraction of that speed to international based IPTV servers.

If you do a speed test using your ISP's speed test website, you test to Thailand based servers, and I told you already what that's worth.

If you want to know what speed you get to Europe or US, the only reliable website is testmy.net, and select a server based in Europe or the US.

Most IPTV services are designed for Linux, so you should use a Linux OS, or Android which is based on a Linux kernel, to get the most out of it

They will also run on Windows, but most Windows apps or web players will perform poorly and miss several functions.

Again the exceptions prove the rule, because there are also IPTV services that are designed to run on web browsers.

IPTV will never be perfect because of all the factors which I mentioned above, and he who says that his service NEVER buffers is a right out liar.

Then again, you have the choice to spend 1500 - 2000 Baht on True visions or AIS, and get a near perfect service with a limited number of channels that are of interest to you, or get everything and more than what you would get at home for a fraction of that price.

In exchange for that you will need to learn to live with a few shortcomings, which can be minimised if you select the right service and have everything setup correctly at your side.

12 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

he who says that his service NEVER buffers is a right out liar.

As I've already said, I'm on HDPrime.

I also use 123hulu a lot.

Both of these are streaming along with many other sites.  I can't remember when I last had a buffering problem anywhere.  It has to be months ago.

Incidentally, I run off a small laptop with Windows 8 connected to my TV via HDMI.

Of course you'll get initial buffering before the stream displays but I don't count that.  

13 minutes ago, HHTel said:

As I've already said, I'm on HDPrime.

I also use 123hulu a lot.

Both of these are streaming along with many other sites.  I can't remember when I last had a buffering problem anywhere.  It has to be months ago.

Incidentally, I run off a small laptop with Windows 8 connected to my TV via HDMI.

Of course you'll get initial buffering before the stream displays but I don't count that.  

Well yeah, there have been reports on this forum that the service was completely down for everyone, and that they even posted that on their website, and that they had to remove channels which they also confirmed, but i'm sure it was also working perfect for you at those times.

NEXT

I remember a couple of sports channels being off-air which doesn't affect me as I'm not a sports fan.

I also remember the system being down, with explanation that they were changing over to alternative servers.  It didn't last long,

What has that to do with 'buffering'? 

Except on the odd occasion (which they acknowledge)  I maintain that I don't have any problems.  Today for instance, it's been on since 6am between myself watching English TV (from last night) and a couple of movies and inbetween times, my wife and daughter watching Thai TV. (Even now, they're watching 'Tipping Point' on ITV1).

I stand by what I've posted.

I see a lot of talk here, but obviously most have no idea what IPTV actually is and why there are issues.

Basically in Thailand you have the choice between True visions, which cost probably about 2000 Baht a month for a handful of foreign channels with continuous repeats, and which runs from Thailand based servers.

On the other hand you have several IPTV services, which cost between 400 and 1200 Baht a month for thousands of foreign channels, and which runs from servers abroad.

As with everything else in the world, you get what you pay for, so don't expect the 400 Baht service to be equal to the 1200 baht one. Of course it are the exceptions that prove the rule.

When a stream buffers it can have many different reasons. It can be the service that is mediocre, it can be the application you use, the spec of the device on which the app is installed, the operating system of your device, your router, your ISP, your connection to the router, or even the channel itself that has issues. I'm sure I even forget a couple of factors that can cause the issues.

In short, pinning down the reason for a stream issues is same as looking in Pandora's box.

I also notice that most of the poster in this and many other related threads also don't have an idea how the internet works.

The speeds quoted on your internet package are local speeds. Thailand has a lot of temples and hookers, but no IPTV servers, so that 30 - 50 - or 200Mb quoted on your internet package means nothing at all, because most likely you will get only a fraction of that speed to international based IPTV servers.

If you do a speed test using your ISP's speed test website, you test to Thailand based servers, and I told you already what that's worth.

If you want to know what speed you get to Europe or US, the only reliable website is testmy.net, and select a server based in Europe or the US.

Most IPTV services are designed for Linux, so you should use a Linux OS, or Android which is based on a Linux kernel, to get the most out of it

They will also run on Windows, but most Windows apps or web players will perform poorly and miss several functions.

Again the exceptions prove the rule, because there are also IPTV services that are designed to run on web browsers.

IPTV will never be perfect because of all the factors which I mentioned above, and he who says that his service NEVER buffers is a right out liar.

Then again, you have the choice to spend 1500 - 2000 Baht on True visions or AIS, and get a near perfect service with a limited number of channels that are of interest to you, or get everything and more than what you would get at home for a fraction of that price.

In exchange for that you will need to learn to live with a few shortcomings, which can be minimised if you select the right service and have everything setup correctly at your side.

Interesting to read for a technophobe like me. I'm happy paying a premium for a reliable service like PulseTV. It certainly beats Truevisions for which I paid for many years.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:31 PM, janclaes47 said:

As with everything else in the world, you get what you pay for, so don't expect the 400 Baht service to be equal to the 1200 baht one. 

Can you give one named example of a 400THB service and another of a 1200THB please?

On 8/27/2018 at 3:43 PM, khunken said:

He was referring to Pulse - which he mentioned earlier.

IPTV is approx B380 per month for a 3-month package. https://iptv.shop/#pricing

Less if you pay for a longer package. I used to subscribe to them for a short while but gave up as their service really needed Kodi to work properly. I've sent them a couple of questions which, given their very good service in the past, should be answered later today or tomorrow.

I switched to HDPrime but, like Bangkok Barry, have continual freezing & buffering issues. Catch-up is hit & miss with, as well as the above issues, the video jumping many minutes of play (referring to football).

How I miss 365.......

I subscribed to IPTV.shop 36 hours ago to a 3 month pack. Used their set up info to try a couple of the methods to get it running. Using Windows PCs to get the service . The first one using VLC was a waste of time as it is very cumbersome. The second I tried was Kodi on Windows. This works quite well and not too hard to set up if you use Kodi. One feature that is not user friendly is on Kodi you cannot use the player controls to pause and seek when playing a VOD channel. Next one I set up on the PC was a IPTV player app from MS store called MyIPTV player. Installed that one and got it running and this one works well and I am currently using that. So far all channels play and no noticeable buffering. This demo for me will last for the 3 month period and I can see if I will pay for another 3 months. This service does not have all the whistles and bells but for about 380 baht/month for the 3 months it beats a lot of others I have tried to date.

2 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Can you give one named example of a 400THB service and another of a 1200THB please?

Why are exact names important to you?

The post was made as a guideline, would it make a difference if the actual prices were 338 Baht and 1226 Baht?

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

Why are exact names important to you? 

The post was made as a guideline, would it make a difference if the actual prices were 338 Baht and 1226 Baht?

Earlier you said "As with everything else in the world, you get what you pay for, so don't expect the 400 Baht service to be equal to the 1200 baht one" so was wondering what differences you are talking about by checking out those services you have experience to write advice about. I'd have thought in a grey market area such as this where customers have no rights and are taking a punt there would be no guarantee a 1200 baht service was any better, maybe even worse than a 400 baht service.

2 hours ago, longball53098 said:

I subscribed to IPTV.shop 36 hours ago to a 3 month pack.

That looks a good deal if it doesn't buffer as you say. Looking at the web site, no mention of catchup TV which would be a deal breaker for me if true?

26 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Earlier you said "As with everything else in the world, you get what you pay for, so don't expect the 400 Baht service to be equal to the 1200 baht one" so was wondering what differences you are talking about by checking out those services you have experience to write advise about. I'd have thought in a grey marker area such as this where customers have no rights and are taking a punt there would be no guarantee a 1200 baht service was any better, maybe even worse than a 400 baht service.

I had figured out from your post history in this thread and others already that the only reason you asked for this information because of your claims that the service you use is the only value for money.

Now first of all try to read my post again, as I clearly said it are the exceptions that prove the rule.

Secondly you may consider that different users have different requirements. Some are happy with a limited number of channels, others want thousands of channels with 2 or 3 backups for every major channel.

I'm sure you will understand that the latter will have a higher cost than the former.

Some IPTV services have the majority of their channels in HD and Full HD while others use SD. Again a difference in price for that

I also notice that the price you quote for YOUR iptuk-club is for a yearly subscription, where I quote monthly prices.

If you pay per month your preferred service is 20 EURO or 760 Baht

Subscribing to a grey area iptv service and paying for 1 year in advance is not a good idea

It also makes a difference in the price how many simultaneous connections you can have. Multiple connections obviously cost more than a single connection, because you can share.

Last but not least, 6 days catchup takes up more server space than 72 hours, so obviously also cost more

2 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

That looks a good deal if it doesn't buffer as you say. Looking at the web site, no mention of catchup TV which would be a deal breaker for me if true?

See my post #38 in this thread. IPTV doesn't have catch-up.

4 hours ago, khunken said:

See my post #38 in this thread. IPTV doesn't have catch-up.

I agree that IPTV has no catch-up but not a deal breaker for me. I have it running from Kodi no issues that I can see as of a day and a half using it. I also set up using an IPTV player using Win 10 and it works OK there too. The channels play extremely quick on selection and no buffering noticed so far. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2018 at 2:01 AM, MJKT2014 said:

u-play.tv 150b a month.. perfectly reliable no buffering for me in either Thailand where the servers are or in Europe (tho I am on fiber with measured 300 Mbit speeds !!) basically it just works. 

Had a rough patch a few months ago and almost stopped using them, but back to being perfect again for the last 2 or so months. 

Archived