I've had enough of HDPrime

Bangkok Barry

I've used HDPrime for quite a long period but have finally had enough of their flaky service. I restrict my viewing mostly to the BT Sport, Sky News, Sky Sports News and Sky EPL/Main Event/Football channels. Several times a week there are problems either with channels having vision and voice out of synch, buffering or freezing. Make that freezing on a daily, almost an hourly, basis with the news. Sometimes the channels show a different channel entirely.

They do at least usually respond to my complaints and say they are having an issue with this or that, and sometimes they say they are looking for a new source. That really doesn't help though, does it. This past Saturday evening neither their EPL or Main Event channels were working properly. The next morning I found an email from them telling me to watch BeIN instead. 1 - that doesn't address my complaint that their channels were not working. 2 - there is no English language pre and post-match talk on BeIN as there is on BT Sport and Sky. Then when I tried to watch catchup of the Bournemouth/Everton game, that wasn't working either. Again.

It's considerably more expensive, but I've now signed up with Pulse, but haven't paid yet. Before I do, do they have similar issues and I'd find I was spending more for a service that is similarly unreliable? Or can I sit down in the sure knowledge that I will be able to watch what I want to watch?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Bht 50 a week.....expensive?

HDPrime is 400 a month, and the cheapest (12 month) price for Pulse is 834. So please let me know where you find it for 50 a week.

That's is you have anything sensible to say, which in your two posts above you do not.

2 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

have decent internet service ?? get   android tv box download  MOBDRO  OR TAP TV apps to get all you have mentioned for no subscription  box about 2k  from lazada or similar company

Thanks. I'll take a look. I have 50mps and might upgrade to 100, but I'm told that 3 is enough for internet tv. Speed isn't a problem for me.

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

HDPrime is 400 a month, and the cheapest (12 month) price for Pulse is 834. So please let me know where you find it for 50 a week.

That's is you have anything sensible to say, which in your two posts above you do not.

I took it you were saying Bein Sports was expensive @ Bht 199 a month for all EPL and catch up, sorry. And sometimes, yeh, it is better to not hear all the pre-match and fter BS some of the 'pundits' come up with. Just watch the match and make your own decisions. You wouldn't get that if you went to the match LIVE.

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thanks. I'll take a look. I have 50mps and might upgrade to 100, but I'm told that 3 is enough for internet tv. Speed isn't a problem for me.

I have just upgraded to 3BB 100/30. What a difference it makes to streaming.

37 minutes ago, puchooay said:

sakkarinsai8.com/tvonline/20

Great for all sports.

I've just looked at the Sky EPL channel and the best quality it offers is 360, which is about 10 years out of date. But I'll keep it bookmarked. I do need news as well though.

46 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've just looked at the Sky EPL channel and the best quality it offers is 360, which is about 10 years out of date. But I'll keep it bookmarked. I do need news as well though.

BBC R5 live or News will keep you up to date. It's only the final score which matters, whether an offside hanball scores the goal or a penalty should have been given a couple of minutes later....guess who I support!!!!!!

I've had Pulse TV for quite some time now and I'm very pleased with it. I do get buffering sometimes, but very rarely. I'm with True Internet at 30Mbps. I was with 365 before, and their product was better, but that was due to their servers being in Thailand. With the single gateway problems can arise with servers located abroad (as with Pulse) as the signal needs to feed through the gateway, and gets throttled hence the buffering, albeit rare. As brewsterbudgen says, Pulse's online customer support is very good and the picture quality is very close to HD standard. I too wish for more than just 24-hour catch up though. The best thing is I can pay one month at a time, so if it does go t**s up my loss is minimal (I lost a lot when 365 went under). It's all about 5 minutes behind actual broadcast time in the UK.

For a pleasant vhange some good feedback for the OP.

I use HDprime and i have to change servers thai a b c etc but mainly ok.. Ive stuck with them..

I mainly watch the early games and sometimes the a later one. Early hours virtually never.

I do watch highlites of games next day but on www.fullmatchesandshows.com

This site is free and HD. Works fine

I used Pulse for a while but the 24 hr catch up tv did not suit me. Been using iviewhd+ for over a year and it is brilliant. 7 day catch up, all the latest movies and half the price. Never buffers even on my 30mbps.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Try FreeflixHQ. As the name states.. it's free. They have all the movies you can ever want to watch, plus TV by country.

I rarely get buffering, but then again I have 2 high end TV Boxes and 200mbps service.

Give it a try.. It's free..

https://freeflixhq.com/

I see nothing on their site to say what channels they offer.

58 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

For a pleasant vhange some good feedback for the OP.

I use HDprime and i have to change servers thai a b c etc but mainly ok.. Ive stuck with them..

I mainly watch the early games and sometimes the a later one. Early hours virtually never.

I do watch highlites of games next day but on www.fullmatchesandshows.com

This site is free and HD. Works fine

I've tried to check it by asking it to play the Chelsea/Newcastle game, and the five times I clicked anything all I got was pop-up ads mostly of naked women. No thanks.

23 minutes ago, tugman said:

I used Pulse for a while but the 24 hr catch up tv did not suit me. Been using iviewhd+ for over a year and it is brilliant. 7 day catch up, all the latest movies and half the price. Never buffers even on my 30mbps.

I see no channels listed. And you have to buy a box costing thousands of baht?

I get grumpy with these pay things. Son has a friend who hears me mention something i want to see , and he can find it free 90% of the time.Cant get this app to work as it should so hardly surprising cant work the Tele thing,so i watch Project TV Ag, its easy.[emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Hdprime has been buffering quite a lot lately.  Trying to watch the Belgian Grand Prix practice, qualifying and the race has been hit and miss.  I missed the first 10 minutes of the race yesterday due to the picture going into permanent buffering mode.  Time for a change.

I used to use WWW.Doo4K.com.  The website is still there, so I might go back to them, it's cheaper than Hdprime, also.  I used to pay into the bank and send proof through the Line app.

I'll have a look at Pulse; thanks for the info.

2 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

Hdprime has been buffering quite a lot lately.  Trying to watch the Belgian Grand Prix practice, qualifying and the race has been hit and miss.  I missed the first 10 minutes of the race yesterday due to the picture going into permanent buffering mode.  Time for a change.

I used to use WWW.Doo4K.com.  The website is still there, so I might go back to them, it's cheaper than Hdprime, also.  I used to pay into the bank and send proof through the Line app.

I'll have a look at Pulse; thanks for the info.

Doo4K only has movies, it seems. no news or sport.

48 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Doo4K only has movies, it seems. no news or sport.

It used to have everything: movies, series, live tv, similar to Hdprime, all for 350 Baht per month..  However, I haven't used it since June 2017, so perhaps it's changed.

3 hours ago, tugman said:

and half the price.

Half the price of what? The web site says 650 or 900THB/m, that's more than the 10USD I am paying for 1000's of IPTV with catch up.

I don't use them but often mentioned on TV is IPTVUK Club, they only cost 10USD if annual pay also, are they not a better choice than HDPrime or Pulse??

3 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Half the price of what? The web site says 650 or 900THB/m, that's more than the 10USD I am paying for 1000's of IPTV with catch up.

I don't use them but often mentioned on TV is IPTVUK Club, they only cost 10USD if annual pay also, are they not a better choice than HDPrime or Pulse??

He was referring to Pulse - which he mentioned earlier.

IPTV is approx B380 per month for a 3-month package. https://iptv.shop/#pricing

Less if you pay for a longer package. I used to subscribe to them for a short while but gave up as their service really needed Kodi to work properly. I've sent them a couple of questions which, given their very good service in the past, should be answered later today or tomorrow.

I switched to HDPrime but, like Bangkok Barry, have continual freezing & buffering issues. Catch-up is hit & miss with, as well as the above issues, the video jumping many minutes of play (referring to football).

How I miss 365.......

Archived