Insufficient pension to qualify for extension of stay based on retirment

10 hours ago, JackThompson said:

sdf

Come to think of it, I do not.  Also could be, "To ensure there is no need for the applicant to work-illegally"?  I am open to other suggestions of why they created a financial-vetting process.

i understood it to be proof that the applicant had money to hand that is instantly accessible so that in case of accident or illness the person would not be a burden on the Thai health system

i have no reference for that either but until your post, i have never seen it being linked to a persons daily living expenses or illegal working

6 minutes ago, cleverman said:

Maby your local IO can point you in the right direction. 

I already have an agent but the price is 25k..every year. I have never heard of a cheaper price in reality just on this forum. But nobody follows up with real information.  There are many agencies offering the service and they advertise but they are 25k. So where are the cheaper ones?

Yes.  I always think it is hypocritical or more so naive to attack this place for corruption as though there is none in their countries.  There is so much corruption in places like the UK and USA it is ridiculous.  And the money here is peanuts of what changes hands in those countries.

Absolute nonsense ! There is none or a negligible corruption with Gov, police . There is oversight and serious penalties for offenders! None of that in LOS. It’s part of life and most serious punishment is “move to inactive position “!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

51 minutes ago, notamember said:

i understood it to be proof that the applicant had money to hand that is instantly accessible so that in case of accident or illness the person would not be a burden on the Thai health system

i have no reference for that either but until your post, i have never seen it being linked to a persons daily living expenses or illegal working

For that purpose - acting as a bond of sorts - the seasoning-period would need to be year-round for subsequent extensions.  Note that the new 5/10 Year version, which requires even more money, also has a separate health-insurance mandate.

17 minutes ago, The manic said:

I already have an agent but the price is 25k..every year. I have never heard of a cheaper price in reality just on this forum. But nobody follows up with real information.  There are many agencies offering the service and they advertise but they are 25k. So where are the cheaper ones?

Isaan and you do not need an agency.????

36 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

u
Absolute nonsense ! There is none or a negligible corruption with Gov, police . There is oversight and serious penalties for offenders! None of that in LOS. It’s part of life and most serious punishment is “move to inactive position “!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Extremely uneducated response.

My comment was not only about police corruption, that is an extremely small piece.

Political and corporate corruption reign like never before in many developed countries.

But, they are smart enough to cover it up.  And study the headlines over the past years they get caught also.

Think out of the box my friend...