DIY aound the house-Any danger work permit wise?

35 minutes ago, tropo said:

I disagree. If I was in the same situation, a quick call to my lawyer would have ended it and I would have paid nothing. They know if you have the right kind of backup it's best to leave you alone. They know they are scamming, so they won't take changes of anything heading to court. 

Sorry but your lawyer is free ? Or because he already charged you 100k, he promised not to charge you for the next case ?!

I also know a very good Pattaya lawyer but I am sure that no help would be free...

1 minute ago, gaff said:

Sorry but your lawyer is free ? Or because he already charged you 100k, he promised not to charge you for the next case ?!

I also know a very good Pattaya lawyer but I am sure that no help would be free...

In the situation mentioned above in this thread (making coffee in his wife's bar) the call to my lawyer would be free and the conversation they had with the Immigration police trying to extort money. Consultation before hiring them is free too.

The 100k plus was the combined money I spent on 2 lawyers (good and bad). 3 separate court cases in all (2 criminal cases and 1 civil) with 7 court hearings in total. The point was that the first bad lawyer was responsible for all my costs as I wouldn't have had to hire another lawyer to get me out of the sh**t he caused. Any further details would be well beyond the scope of this thread. If you know a good lawyer, well done. It's not easy to know good ones. Have you tested him out in court yet?

Just now, stud858 said:

Good lawyer is an oxymoron.

I'll defend myself in court thanks.

A visit to my lawyer would be quite a shock for you as you'd have to eat those words. Good would be faint praise. I should have used "amazing", or "incredible".

How many times have you been to a Thai court? You trying to defend yourself in a Thai court would be a circus I'd pay to see. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tropo said:

A visit to my lawyer would be quite a shock for you as you'd have to eat those words. Good would be faint praise. I should have used "amazing", or "incredible".

How many times have you been to a Thai court? You trying to defend yourself in a Thai court would be a circus I'd pay to see. 

I'll sell tickets. My mother taught me to trust only her and myself. Best advice I ever got. 

Would be nice too see some video of courtroom showing though. Can visitors sit in?

But I am a polite golden boy. Never broken the law in my life and never will. (Parking tickets excepted)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stud858 said:

I'll sell tickets. My mother taught me to trust only her and myself. Best advice I ever got. 

Would be nice too see some video of courtroom showing though. Can visitors sit in?

But I am a polite golden boy. Never broken the law in my life and never will. (Parking tickets excepted)

Thai judges would consider you're wasting court time if you tried to defend yourself. It would make any matters much worse IMO. I don't think they would even allow non-Thai speaking foreigners to defend themselves. Bear in mind there are no juries here, so the judge is God in the courtroom.

I have sat through many court hearings - my own LOL. They have a very unique way of taking care of business, and Thai law is rather unique too. Even with an interpreter, it's hard to understand what the heck is going on.

• Like 1