Non-o visa revoked

Hi,

I live in Thailand for 5 years with non-o visa.

I'm married to Thai woman

But unfortunately my marriage did not work out and I'm getting a divorce.

I know I will lose my visa.

I would like to know what are my alternatives to continue living in Thailand.

I don't work here but I have everything here ... Car, motorcycle, money in bank's account...

Thanks for all your help

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa issued by a embassy or consulate it will remain valid until it expires. 
If you actually have an extension of stay based upon marriage issued by immigration it ends on the date your divorce is final.
If you have children you could change to an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai.
If on an extension of stay an option is to go out for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage before the divorce is finalized that will remain valid.
Yes, my non-o visa was issued by local immigration.
I think I don't have multi-entry because every time I want out of country I must go inform the immigration before.
If I go out for request a multi-entry, won't they (consulate) ask why I don't request at local immigration?
Because I would like solve this problem before divorce

You don't have a Non Imm O Visa (issued by a Thai Embassy/Consulate) you have an 'extension' of permission to stay (issued by local Immigration.

Was the extension based on retirement or marriage?

What was the amount of financial proof you submit?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gonoedro said:

Yes, my non-o visa was issued by local immigration.
I think I don't have multi-entry because every time I want out of country I must go inform the immigration before.
If I go out for request a multi-entry, won't they (consulate) ask why I don't request at local immigration?
Because I would like solve this problem before divorce

They won't be interested in why you want to change.

Check on line for different paperwork required at different consulates, it can vary place to place.

• Like 1

You don't have a Non Imm O Visa (issued by a Thai Embassy/Consulate) you have an 'extension' of permission to stay (issued by local Immigration.
Was the extension based on retirement or marriage?
What was the amount of financial proof you submit?
Hi,
Was based on marriage visa.
The amount of financial proof was 400 000 baht every year

9 minutes ago, gonoedro said:

You are on an extension of stay based upon marriage and have been getting re-entry permits.

Just leave the country without a re-entry permit on the way to the consulate in Savannakhet Laos. Then apply for a multiple entry non-o visa that will be valid for one year.

They will not care that you have been on extension before. Many people have gotten a non-o visa after having one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gonoedro said:

Hi,
Was based on marriage visa.
The amount of financial proof was 400 000 baht every year

Can you meet the financial requirement of 800,000 in a Thai bank, or proof of 65,000 a month income, or a combination of income and savings totalling 800,000 for the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gonoedro said:

Yes, i can. What's the option?

Apply for an extension based on 'retirement' from Immigration. (It's a permit, not a Visa), preferably before your divorce.

Your just changing the reason to stay from 'marriage' to 'retirement.

You will lose any remaining time from your marriage extension, but will start with a new 1 year extension. As before if you need to leave/re-enter the Country you'll need a re-entry permit.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

You are on an extension of stay based upon marriage and have been getting re-entry permits.
Just leave the country without a re-entry permit on the way to the consulate in Savannakhet Laos. Then apply for a multiple entry non-o visa that will be valid for one year.
They will not care that you have been on extension before. Many people have gotten a non-o visa after having one.
Let me see if I understand.
I go out with my marriage visa without inform local immigration I will go out.
But when I out what will happen in border when they see passport without re-entry permit?

Apply for an extension based on 'retirement' from Immigration. (It's a permit, not a Visa), preferably before your divorce.

Your just changing the reason to stay from 'marriage' to 'retirement.
You will lose any remaining time from your marriage extension, but will start with a new 1 year extension. As before if you need to leave/re-enter the Country you'll need a re-entry permit.
I can't request retirement because I am younger for request that.

3 minutes ago, gonoedro said:

But when I out what will happen in border when they see passport without re-entry permit?

They may mention it to you but not to cause you a problem.

If they do just say   I'm changing visa.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gonoedro said:

That was to apply for a Non Imm O ME Visa from a Thai Embassy/Consulate, but as you can meet the financial requirements for an 'extension' based on retirement, you do the change at Immigration.

No need to leave the Country.

2 minutes ago, gonoedro said:

The visa won't expired if I out without re-entry permit?

You extension would end on the date you depart the country. The re-entry permit reinstates it when you enter the country.

No problem at at all to apply for a non-o visa at a embassy or consulate. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You extension would end on the date you depart the country. The re-entry permit reinstates it when you enter the country.

No problem at at all to apply for a non-o visa at a embassy or consulate. 

The OP clearly doesn't understand the difference between a Visa and an Extension.

He's clearly stated he has the financial requirement for an extension based on retirement.

I think we need to establish his age in order to offer better advice.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, gonoedro said:

I am 40

Thanks, then you are to young to apply for an extension based on retirement.

The short term solution to your problem then is to apply for a Non Imm O ME (multi entry) Visa from a Thai Embassy/Consulate in an adjoining Country. Just leave the Country, do not get a re-entry permit, that will end your current extension.

You'll need your marriage certificate and copies of your wife's Tabien Baan and ID card.

She does not need to go with you.

Don't tell them your getting divorced.

You'd don't need proof of funds at Savannakhet.

The Non Imm O ME Visa is valid for 1 year.

You can only stay 90 days, then must exit/re-enter (border runs) to get another 90 days.

You can't/don't make 90 day reports at Immigration as before.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 2

Thanks, then you are to young to apply for an extension based on retirement.

The short term solution to your problem then is to apply for a Non Imm O ME (multi entry) Visa from a Thai Embassy/Consulate in an adjoining Country. Just leave the Country, do not get a re-entry permit, that will end your current extension.

You'll need your marriage certificate and copies of your wife's Tabien Baan and ID card.
She does not need to go with you.
Don't tell them your getting divorced.

The Non Imm O ME Visa is valid for 1 year.
You can only stay 90 days, then must exit/re-enter (border runs) to get another 90 days.
You can't/don't make 90 day reports at Immigration as before.
The problem is... My wife told me she will report to local immigration in day we divorce