What other hobbies do you have?

5 hours ago, norbertt said:

What other hobbies do you have?

Don't quite know what you mean by other hobbies !!  ?

But my hobbies are Motorcycle rides and trips, Archery, shooting, fishing sometimes, home multi-gym, watching MotoGP and films,Egyptian athletics.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I get a new hobby every rainy season. Youtube makes learning something so easy.
3 seasons ago I learned to make aluminum panniers for my Versys, last season I decided to learn to play electric guitar (badly) and this season I am learning to make electric guitars.
Prior to this I ride motorbikes (dirt and street), bicycle, play pool, make models and on occasion a beer or three. Drinking is a hobby right?
It is what you make it.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

photography, fishing, computer gaming, m/bikes on/off road, reading my kindle, cooking, making things to save the problem & expense of trying to find them here, drinking & arguing with the missus about it... keep fairly busy really...

i'm into radio controlled model planes and helicopters. at least, i used to. thanks to regulations currently in place, aeromodelling in Thailand is no longer as lively as it used to be. but i'm still hopeful the hobby will rise again to prominence. for now, i just spend time on RC simulators, some video games, and a few movies here and there.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Short-wave amateur (ham) radio.  I have a Thai radio ham licence for about 15 years.  Earlier this year, while working in Myanmar (Burma), I finally managed to get the first 'long-term' ham licence in that country since 1962 (they still don't like radio hams...)

I recently returned back to Thailand and am currently struggling (physically) to install a 65 feet vertical antenna that will provide 24/7 short-wave internet email service across Asia, (useful after natural disasters etc).  The previous service coverage (winlink.org) in this region was curtailed when I moved to Myanmar - I being the previous service provider ????

LA6LMA

27 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Short-wave amateur (ham) radio.  I have a Thai radio ham licence for about 15 years.  Earlier this year, while working in Myanmar (Burma), I finally managed to get the first 'long-term' ham licence in that country since 1962 (they still don't like radio hams...)

I recently returned back to Thailand and am currently struggling (physically) to install a 65 feet vertical antenna that will provide 24/7 short-wave internet email service across Asia, (useful after natural disasters etc).  The previous service coverage (winlink.org) in this region was curtailed when I moved to Myanmar - I being the previous service provider ????

LA6LMA

music, music, music !

by the way, i will retire in Hua Hin soon and would like to know if there are many musicians there among the expats or thai people and places to play like bars ? i will be there in july and it wd be nice to meet some guys to talk about it. i play bass and guitar and write rock'n'roll songs.

cheers

fred

It all started with the purchase of a 3D printer. Suddenly things were feasible that I could only dream of in my former life. Then I developed a machine that should be both 3D printing and CNC milling, maybe even more what you can do with an XYZ machine.
Besides electronics development, control for my machines. SMD components used for the first time: problems during assembly and soldering. Now I am in the process of developing a machine for the (semi)automatic assembly of SMD components on printed circuit boards (pick and place).

I am happy to also be able to obtain all the necessary parts while I live in Thailand.

I really don't have time for "the other" hobbies anymore!

• Like 2

People watching, Oops! I mean women watching, my motorbike, my computer,

downloading and watching old tv shows like LA Law, 7th Heaven, Knots Landing,

my twice daily visits to the exercise park. Well I don't suppose that's a hobby, I just do it to keep fit and in shape.

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

I thought that was a thing from before the internet.

How many people still use that kind of communication?

I understand it's good in case the internet won't work anymore (which I think is absolutely possible) but how about the rest of the time. Does not "everybody" use the internet?