What's Going On At Lake Mabprachan?

Mobi

For those of you who live out near the Lake, has anyone any idea what they are doing Lakeside, just before the Khun Johns, and around the end of the Lake towards Pong?

It's a bloody mess, full of trucks and diggers.

The question is: Are they creating a nice little lakeside park, or is the land being prepared for development?

Anyone know?

Monty - you usually have the inside track on these things - maybe a new annex for "Mermaids"? :o

i am probably wrong but anything to do with them making the lake bigger or deeper, i am just thinking back to 2005 when it basically disapeared.

No, they were dredging a little further around and the earth was being trucked to the new road they are building by the railway track.

But this is different - they are levelling out the ground over a wide area in preparation for something - housing? or a park? or??? .....

i am probably wrong but anything to do with them making the lake bigger or deeper, i am just thinking back to 2005 when it basically disapeared.

No, they were dredging a little further around and the earth was being trucked to the new road they are building by the railway track.

But this is different - they are levelling out the ground over a wide area in preparation for something - housing? or a park? or??? .....

I would bet that it's not a park. It will be going under concrete. But maybe a nice resort? Wouldn't it be luvly if 'they', when planning permission is received, would put up a sign to tell us all what to expect! But TIT and really it would be lovely if we didn't have all these miserable looking tourists having to be serviced by Thais who don't normally live here and make a tip of the place, and the City Fathers who can't deal with the influx and expansion.

Presumably the local Or Bor Tor office would know what's going on. I think it's their water trucks who are watering the road.

Even for Thailand, it would be quite incredible if they were preparing the land for building development.

Doesn't seem possible somehow. Even if some billionaire has dropped a lot of money in the right pockets, in the current political climate I would have thought they would be sitting still for a while.

Who knows? My gut feeling is that they are lanscaping. :o

Presumably the local Or Bor Tor office would know what's going on. I think it's their water trucks who are watering the road.

Even for Thailand, it would be quite incredible if they were preparing the land for building development.

Doesn't seem possible somehow. Even if some billionaire has dropped a lot of money in the right pockets, in the current political climate I would have thought they would be sitting still for a while.

Who knows? My gut feeling is that they are lanscaping. :D

I got a wisper the other day that its going to be beer bars and they are now in the process of rounding all of the Katoeys up in Soi 6 and moving them out there.

This just 2nd hand so take it with a grain of salt. :D

Yes we need more beer bars in the area no where near enough. :o

Who knows? My gut feeling is that they are lanscaping. :o

A few years back that area was ear marked for a new Water treatment plant.

Maybe that’s what they are doing now.

Have a nice day

I believe they are pulling the stops out to landscape the foreshore before the 2008 Asian Games. The rowing and some sailing events are scheduled for the pond.

If you're right that'll be wonderful.

Asian Ganes eh? That'll generate some good business for Monty and all the lakeside caravansaries. :o

Wonder if I can rent out rooms at the Mobi mansion for an exhorbitant fee? :D

Had a chat today with Kamnan Youan (actually an ex-Kamnan, but they seem to be allowed to keep on using the title afterwards), whose 10 wheelers are trucking the landfill around.

They are indeed constructing a park/beach area.

Between Mermaid and Khun John you'll see they are making a gentle slope towards the water, which should become the beach / lounging area. the rest will become park area, same style as it was opposite the Or Bor Toh office...

He was not sure of the availability of enough funds to finish off the job, we might have to wait for the greenery until next budget year!!!

Had a chat today with Kamnan Youan (actually an ex-Kamnan, but they seem to be allowed to keep on using the title afterwards), whose 10 wheelers are trucking the landfill around.

They are indeed constructing a park/beach area.

Between Mermaid and Khun John you'll see they are making a gentle slope towards the water, which should become the beach / lounging area. the rest will become park area, same style as it was opposite the Or Bor Toh office...

He was not sure of the availability of enough funds to finish off the job, we might have to wait for the greenery until next budget year!!!

Sounds like Mabprachan is about to be put on the tourist map.

Hmm.. That bit of land where the Mermaid is will be worth a bob or two :o

SEA Games 2007 ( got the 2008 bit wrong ) to be held in LOS with water play at the lake.

Good luck to all those who have held on in the area, you never know it could be the start of better days with less traffic when the by-pass is built and somwhere to park your tribe and paddle a bit........lovely. :o

A bit of research on the 2007 Sea games has yielded following info, interesting for us Pong residents:

Equestrian

Equestrian Centre, Pattaya, Chon Buri Province

--No Photo--

Which I assume to be the Horse shoe point, especially considering the connections of the Sri Fueng Fung family, they managed to get the Jazz festival as well...

Rowing

Mappachan Dam, Chon Buri Province

--No Photo--

Canoe-Kayak

Mappachan Dam, Chon Buri Province

--No Photo--

Apart from the spelling mistake we can assume this will happen in our back garden :o and considering where they are doing all the landscaping, it looks like it's going to be on our side as well!

Source: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.p...6771&page=4

Main event will be in Khorat city, and by the look of the pictures on above website they are actually pouring in quite some cash to construct the all new sports center, same source of cash might be used over here!

Apart from the spelling mistake we can assume this will happen in our back garden :D and considering where they are doing all the landscaping, it looks like it's going to be on our side as well!

Looks like you're going to have a front row seat and a hugh amount of business. Maybe they can have the rowing event in your new aquarium. :o