3BB FTTH. How long to come and install?

Anyone had 3BB fibre optic internet (FTTH) installed here recently? How long did you have to wait?

I have ordered and paid for FTTH installation, but when asked when will you come to install? was told, "Cannot say. We are very busy. We will call you when can come."

I already have the fibre optic cable installed all the way to the back of my TV, so I imagine it's just a matter of connecting their router, and activating from their end.

TIA.

I have ordered and paid for FTTH installation, but when asked when will you come to install? was told, "Cannot say. We are very busy. We will call you when can come."

I already have the fibre optic cable installed all the way to the back of my TV, so I imagine it's just a matter of connecting their router, and activating from their end.

Rule of acquisition #231; Always have a time or date.

I've always loved 3bb because I very rarely have an issue and if I do it has always been solved the following day at worse.  That being said, you do have to pressure them.

• Like 1

Sorry to tell you but I went to 3BB on Saturday to ask for an engineer to give me a price for the FO cable.

It was installed and up and running by Wednesday.

Maybe where you live is the issue. I am in Plai Laem. Lots of 3BB people up here working away. (I agree with notmyself)

Update.

3BB called this morning and said a technician would come around 17:30 to fit the router. Arrived on time and fitted a FibreHome router. This is a different model to my two neighbours, who both have a Huawei one. Don't know if it's better or worse. They also connected it in "Bridge Mode", to my Asus router. Left with everything working OK...fingers crossed.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:11 PM, phetphet said:

How did that fibre optic cable get there?

I assume it must have been done by 3BB technicians after you ordered the subscription, as I don't believe they just go around and install it at random

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

How did that fibre optic cable get there?

I assume it must have been done by 3BB technicians after you ordered the subscription, as I don't believe they just go around and install it at random

My neighbours want FTTH a few months ago. As 3BB were running the cable to our building anyway, they asked me if I wanted it installed at the same time. I said yes, and we shared the installation fee, and the the techs ran the cable into my house. As I still had a few months left on my package, I asked them not to install the router. So the cable was run several months before I ordered the subscription. All they had to do today was connect the router.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phetphet said:

700 /month + tax for 100/30. I got the router for free. There is a promotion for free router. They denied it at first, but I showed them the page on their website.  https://www.3bb.co.th/3bb/promotion/details/48101

Is that the router you got, as got onee with 4 antennas just a week ago.

By the way instalaation should also be free, and has been for at least 6 months already, strange that they charged you and your neighbour for it.

4 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Same for me,  2 days in one house in January and 2 days at another house in June.   However my near neighbour has just waited 4 days

Mine was on a Saturday too.

3bb are a business selling a product and I personally am more than happy with both the product and the service to support the product. If most other things I deal with were so easy I would have a better life. That being said... you do have to keep on top of them and always have a reference, date etc.

Errr. Whatever system they use seems to be very efficient but, or so, you may have to guide them through it.  

17 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

By the way instalaation should also be free, and has been for at least 6 months already, strange that they charged you and your neighbour for it.

17 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

No. That is not the one I got. That one looks similar to the ones my neighbours got. A Huawei model I believe.

The router they gave me is a FibreHome AN5506-04-FA. Four antennas as you say.

I think the installation was charged for because they had to run the cable over 100 metres,  pull through underground conduits, then run up shafts in our building to each of the three apartments that wanted it.

• Like 1