Stickman On Sunday is back

Bangkok Barry

I use to love stickman ,but he said or was it on the andrew  Drummond site they had sold it to a indian company who now mostly do advertorials.

I also use to love the investigative reporter Andrew Drummond site too..he is still around but i think run out of stories.

Both departed Thailand.

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 11:01 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Lol...years ago there were a lot of these type of websites....early 90's?

Nowadays its these  vlogs that are popular...guess im getting old.

The internet was not available to the general public until 1991 and there wasn't much public content for some time.

I believe the Stickman site began around 2001.

And yes, we are getting old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NaamGin said:

The internet was not available to the general public until 1991 and there wasn't much public content for some time.

I bought  "Forte Agent"  Email and newsgroup client for windows  back in 1995 and still use it to this day.

ahh the good old days of Soc.Culture.Thai .....  Laurence Godfrey

I probably still have  (archived somewhere)

"That message -- sent by an unknown source -- had been forged to appear to have been sent by Dr. Godfrey. "

37 minutes ago, NaamGin said:

I believe the Stickman site began around 2001.

And yes, we are getting old.

I had CompuServe in the 80's I could text other people and meet girls online.    

18 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I had CompuServe in the 80's I could text other people and meet girls online.    

Yeah, me too, but back then CompuServe was a dial-up BBS system. not the internet. 

I'm showing my age, but I pre-date the PC / Mac era of the IT industry. 

16 hours ago, lust said:

Who is stickman?

The guy who left Thailand because OZ was so good and his life so much better, but after having understood the <deleted> teacher that he is in any western country, he will just come back telling us how Thailand is good !

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, whiteman said:

Yes but is this the real Stick back on line from N.Z. or just some other bloke cashing in?  to me the writing is entirely different.

I talked to him last week.  Seems like the same fellow to me. 

Edit We talked about a mutual friend who is ill doubt anyone else would have the information. 

Edited by marcusarelus

6 hours ago, whiteman said:

I talked to my dog last week too and he lives in Thailand just like me so not till he reappears in the flesh  in real life back in the LOS I hold my judgement. But thanks for your input  

I met up with him in the flesh on his most recent visit. He was offered a deal to resume the Sunday, so he did. And despite what whiteman wrote, it's exactly the same writing and the same format as before. Why wouldn't it be, when it's the same person writing.

• Like 1