Stickman On Sunday is back

Bangkok Barry

On 9/15/2018 at 9:33 PM, marcusarelus said:

Some of us are still here.  We'll always have Bangkok, Pattaya and the Stickman era.

No. I draw your attention to the fate of Major Strasser.

Rick and Captain Renault  had to go to the Congo, so too have those who pine for a Stickman type of land, except their Congo is ghastly Cambodia. 

On 9/15/2018 at 11:19 PM, Bang Bang said:

I actually liked his readers' submission section a lot. They were not the most skilled writers but guys sincerely sharing their Thai experience, which were sad, funny, happy and everything in between. I learned a lot and it was good to know I wasn't alone in some of the things that happened to me. And, then, there were the talented writers like Korski, Steve Rosse, et al.

I just poked my head into Stickman. The readers section hasn't picked up steam yet. I hope it does. At its peak there were a couple of new posts every day and Stick, in fact, would warn of a backlog. Happy days.

Stick used to have a "green star" section which highlighted some of his best reader submissions.  And those articles were quite good.  Can't seem to find them anymore. 

On 9/16/2018 at 1:29 AM, geriatrickid said:

are long gone; dead or in jail or back in their homelands in care homes.  Whether we like it or not, time has  passed and the country changed.

I do see you said "Many".     Whew,  glad that left room for one or two .   I do not belong to fan clubs.....but i will say

that rumors of my demise are not true.   Now if i can only find where i put my damn slippers................

Although I am not the typical "Stickman" reader, I did enjoy his column and am glad to see that he has returned to writing.

He writes a column.  If you don't like it, then I think you do not have to read it, just like any other column writer. 

I am not sure why there are so many people that are talking down about him?  I have admit that I have never met him in person, but have corresponded with him a couple of times with questions, and he has always been very kind and quick with his responses.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, inzman said:

As a long time reader of his column, I just can’t believe it’s him. Too many ambiguity, he mentions Facebook now, he never liked it before. I don’t recognize the writing as the original stickman. Just my opinion. 

I can't see any difference, and I can assure you it is him. And although he might mention FB he is not on it.

Enough useless topics on this forum to read anything more, especially from a guy who talks about what he doesn't know anything anymore. And his home country is so nice that he needs to talk about another one ! Ridiculous.

Dude’s generating some revenue, nothing ridiculous about that...
  • Haha 1