My positive experience with Thai Elite Visa

1 hour ago, JayBird said:

There is also security from changing rules. If the government changes the age restriction on retirement visa, or finance requirements on marriage visa, that could cause problems.

If the Thai government decides to just shut down Thai Elite then what? When your 5 year visa expires you won't get a new one even if you paid for 20 years. The chance for this to happen might be very small, but it's definitely not zero ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If the Thai government decides to just shut down Thai Elite then what? When your 5 year visa expires you won't get a new one even if you paid for 20 years. The chance for this to happen might be very small, but it's definitely not zero ?

People have been saying this since it started more than a decade ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Must be a nice feeling to be able to fork over 30K US for a visa.  Since i am not wealthy it is hard for me to understand. 

If I forked over 30K for a Visa here I would not be about to sleep for the next 20 years haha. I guess wealthy people have no worries about it.

Edited by garyk
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I can recall a recent post by a member that is on his 5th year who got a one year entry from his PE visa.

"If your current passport or passport pages is nearly run out and you need to renew passport, please kindly send Member Contact Center (MCC) the 1st page of new passport in order for them to update your information and affix new Elite Visa for the remaining period. Furthermore, you should have at least 3 blank passport pages to affix Elite Visa.

·         For your information, Terms of visa shall be granted in accordance with the validity of membership.

·         Elite Visa validity length will be subject to the membership validity."

Not sure, but in one case i could get up to 21 years in total ... ?  fun aside, i think its covered by the above copy paste.

37 minutes ago, garyk said:

Must be a nice feeling to be able to fork over 30K US for a visa.  Since i am not wealthy it is hard for me to understand. 

If I forked over 30K for a Visa here I would not be about to sleep for the next 20 years haha. I guess wealthy people have no worries about it.

If you check the prices for a decent car and a good pickup, both new... then the difference for a decent visa...

I can live with a normal pickup... a car looses more value then the visa imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

More than a decade ago? According to their own website they started in 2013 which is 5 years ago.

2013 was a change in the scheme when different levels of membership were first introduced.

On July 29, 2003, the Thai government passed an initiative known as the Thailand Privilege Card Project- a program enacted by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports.

The intention behind the Thailand Privilege Card Project is to generate income and revenue from foreign patrons to the Kingdom and also attract those visitors who are involved in business ventures, those who are investors and those who are looking to stay for long periods and improve the local economy.

For these visitors, the Thai government offers an ‘elite’ visa.

The Elite Visa was founded on the idea that Thailand would benefit greatly from the presence of the aforementioned visitors, while in turn offering multiple benefits for business, leisure, immigration, etc.

https://www.thethailandlife.com/thailand-elite-visa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

It maybe be better to post fact rather than fiction. Your visa is already paid for. The only thing that could be possibly stopped/changed in your event of things could be the 'Perks' of the membership. Cars, Spas, Golf etc.
Considering it's a world wide programme, road shows promoting the visa in country's all over the world, members spending millions of baht on membership etc If it ever was stopped, I would hate to see what would happen to those spending 1900 baht on an extension.
Then again, there are always thoughs that cannot afford the privilege of having the visa BUT make excuses not too buy it to make themselves feel better!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ratt Thai said:

If you check the prices for a decent car and a good pickup, both new... then the difference for a decent visa...

I can live with a normal pickup... a car looses more value then the visa imo

That is one way to think about it I guess.

Have fun in Thailand.

On 9/8/2018 at 6:08 PM, galt67 said:

'Over 6,000 members', in June 2018, I was told by a TE rep at BKK.

To tell you the truth I would be very interested in how many people buy this service and abandon it. 10-1 I bet hundreds of theses type of Visa's are bought and people abandon them in a few years.

It maybe be better to post fact rather than fiction. Your visa is already paid for. The only thing that could be possibly stopped/changed in your event of things could be the 'Perks' of the membership. Cars, Spas, Golf etc.

Considering it's a world wide programme, road shows promoting the visa in country's all over the world, members spending millions of baht on membership etc If it ever was stopped, I would hate to see what would happen to those spending 1900 baht on an extension.

Then again, there are always thoughs that cannot afford the privilege of having the visa BUT make excuses not too buy it to make themselves feel better!

An interesting and intelligent post

“The program will suddenly be canceled” posters are better left to fear mongers of of the bar-stool , paying 1900 baht for an extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, garyk said:

To tell you the truth I would be very interested in how many people buy this service and abandon it. 10-1 I bet hundreds of theses type of Visa's are bought and people abandon them in a few years.

How can you abandon a Visa?... 

The only way I could see this as being possible is that someone purchases the T.E. Visa for their first entry and never returns to Thailand.... 10-1 you didn't really think your comment though. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

and there are always those that simply like saving money to make themselves feel better, it's a nice feeling, try it, good for the future regardless how much you have

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I cant comment on marriage extensions but my retirement extension gets quicker to obtain every year. And as I own my own condo in Jomtien I am not affected by the away-from-home reporting requirement either. The 90-day report can be done online or by post, but as immigration is just a few minutes' walk from my condo I can easily do it myself. At Jomtien there is rarely any queue at all for this.

The re-entry permit is slightly irritating - it could easily just be an optional part of the extension - but it only took me about 20 minutes to get mine this year. You can do it at BKK airport also.

I dont think that 1MB for a visa stamp is a bargain at all and if I had to pay 1MB for mine I would probably look for somewhere more welcoming to move to.

Sooner or later your extension won't be easy and it seems quite stupid to say that you would be somewhere else if you had to spend 1 MB for a visa: first I do not think that you would find anywhere better, and second, it means that you are here because you are not able to be somewhere else. Sad life.

Anyway if you are not even able to pay for a multi re-entry permit when you do your extension, it means that you really don't have lots of choices !

You should try to be a bit more realistic about yourself and your life...

Edited by gaff
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, gaff said:

This is why we buy nice German cars and not Jap crap ?

we all have hondas and one nissan. all of them good and still under warranty. the logic of buying a german motor was lost on me many moons ago. honda are fine. and i do like my cars. but i don't like getting ripped off. that's on topic

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

How can you abandon a Visa?... 

The only way I could see this as being possible is that someone purchases the T.E. Visa for their first entry and never returns to Thailand.... 10-1 you didn't really think your comment though. 

In other words you don't have a clue!

6000 x 30,000 US dollars is 180,000,000. Immigration is laughing all the way to the bank. 

Edited by garyk
  • Confused 1