Holidaymaker's warning after drink-spiking precedes abduction attempt in Phuket

rooster59

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

The girls do not fit the profile of trafficked women but the fact that there were Russians and Albanians involved does.

How would she even know that they were Albanian?  The only interaction was her boyfriend seeing two guys shoving the woman into a taxi before slamming one up against a wall before they ran away.  Unless, of course, they looked like this...

31DA32C7-B3A6-4546-9D3D-5274B6E4683D.jpeg

• Haha 1

Thailand is just getting such bad press at the moment it will definitely be putting people off going.I have been going to Thailand for over 30 years as I have a house there and to be honest it has changed so much.Far too many Russian gangsters up to no good they need to have a good clean out. How can young guys afford to live in Thailand when supposedly they are not working ? Big Joke needs to stop being a Joke and deal with the real crime going on under his nose.

There have been warnings of drink spiking for donkey's years and I read in Lonely planet way back in the 90's not to accept food from strangers on Thai trains.

Do young people not do any research on places they intend travelling to anymore? Perhaps they think they know it all and don't have to bother, or too busy telling all their imaginary friends on the machine about their upcoming trip to do any. They certainly don't have any excuse not to, as most have a machine connected to the internet grafted to their hand.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 10:20 AM, Crossy said:

I'm sure Big Joke will be along shortly to find no evidence and label this as fake news.

One does have to ask, why wait nearly 2 years before going public with this?

After 2 years I doubt if even Sherlock Holmes could find any evidence. It ends with the alleged abductors bolted away and no follow ups after that.

Wonder where the next I was drugged and raped or abducted in Thailand story will be coming from?