What is the first thing you eat when you go home?

darksidedog

34 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I haven't seen Hobnobs but I do have a fetish for McVities Plain chocolate digestives. Have bought them twice in Thailand. Big mistake, never again! Due to the ambient temperature over here, the chocolate had melted and when I got home I put them in the fridge, creating a single block of chocolate/digestive. Impossible to part the individual biscuits, so I had to smash the block up and eat the crumbs.

Try buying them at Lotus.  Not a problem.  At least for me. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I haven't seen Hobnobs but I do have a fetish for McVities Plain chocolate digestives. Have bought them twice in Thailand. Big mistake, never again! Due to the ambient temperature over here, the chocolate had melted and when I got home I put them in the fridge, creating a single block of chocolate/digestive. Impossible to part the individual biscuits, so I had to smash the block up and eat the crumbs.

I hear that one...useta get the dark chocolate biscuits in the middle east with murderous ambient temps...very nice but when you got home all melted into a single block and etc...had to separate them from the rest of the shopping in the boot along with the peaches and keep them in the interior of the air conditioned car on the drive home...better to eat the whole packet in the car as soon as ye left the supermarket and maybe give one to the dude washing yer car out in the parking lot as you were doin' yer shopping...which he would then consider curiously...

16 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I hear that one...useta get the dark chocolate biscuits in the middle east with murderous ambient temps...very nice but when you got home all melted into a single block and etc...had to separate them from the rest of the shopping in the boot along with the peaches and keep them in the interior of the air conditioned car on the drive home...better to eat the whole packet in the car as soon as ye left the supermarket and maybe give one to the dude washing yer car out in the parking lot as you were doin' yer shopping...which he would then consider curiously...

I love chocolate digestives especially McVities which can be bought in Tesco's.  Treat them like frozen foods and put them in your 'freezer bag' along with other frozen foods.  Problem solved.

I can't remember where but I bought some in the middle east some time ago and each biscuit was separated by a thin plastic film.

A toasted cinnamon and raisin bagel with extra butter at Tim Hortons with a large Tim Horton coffee double double.

Next is either a good Canadian breakfast with eggs, bacon or sausage ,hash brown, whole wheat toast and coffee.

And last but not least a Pub burger fully loaded with fresh french fires and gravy.

A toasted cinnamon and raisin bagel with extra butter at Tim Hortons with a large Tim Horton coffee double double.
  Next is either a good Canadian breakfast with eggs, bacon or sausage ,hash brown, whole wheat toast and coffee.
 And last but not least a Pub burger fully loaded with fresh french fires and gravy.

Bacon OR sausage?

I haven’t had “gravy on the fries?” In 30 years..,
9 hours ago, smotherb said:

One of my all-time favorites too. However, the wife does biscuits and sausage gravy here for me. She makes it from scratch. I usually have a group of Americans over for breakfast to watch our football games. B&G is their favorite.

can I come?

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Any native Hawaiians here jonesing for loco moco?

Loco-Moco.jpg.d955be999f553739e2bbc0ad676943e7.jpg

That is not loco moco! ?

Alaska is HUGE on Loco cuz of all the Samoans. It should have two eggs, two patties, and be covered, I mean covered with gravy in a bowl.

There is some decent Loco Moco here, albiet not the home stuff.

11 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

No Chikko Roll? 

Here then: if I was flying back to Alaska, at the right time of year, I'd , buy half a z of Matanuska Valley Thunder F. . Then drive over to the Native dude who sits in the truck with the King crab legs and get say 10 pounds for the half a z. Go find a stove and a pot and have a feed.

One year my bud traded out for a half a F-150 load of King Crab. Kept in in the storage shed, and we munched all winter. No pizza for these stoners.

Ya ought to see them when they are alive ?

6 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Now just to go off at a tangent, forgive me, but has any one of our British posters ever been able to buy dark chocolate Hobnobs in Thailand ?  

They sell them in Best Supermarket in Pattaya at Dolphin roundabout. Cannot confirm if milk or plain choccy.

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

can I come?

Well, reservations are by invitation only. However, we are at it again next Monday morning about 3am--Patriots v Jaguars, then about 7, Giants v Cowboys--we vote on the games the previous week.

We usually suffer through with Gin Bloody Marys or Gin Salty Dogs and black coffee with home-made buttermilk biscuits, butter, cream cheese, apricot preserves and strawberry jam from kick-off through first-half.

Then about half-time out come the eggs lightly scrambled with cheese, fried potatoes with onions, sausage-patty gravy and sliced tomatoes.  Usually break out the cold beer for the second game.

Sorry, wife just said she is substituting the scrambled eggs for chicken liver and mushroom omelettes next week.

Things are rough when you're retired half-way around the world from home.

16 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Well, reservations are by invitation only. However, we are at it again next Monday morning about 3am--Patriots v Jaguars, then about 7, Giants v Cowboys--we vote on the games the previous week.

We usually suffer through with Gin Bloody Marys or Gin Salty Dogs and black coffee with home-made buttermilk biscuits, butter, cream cheese, apricot preserves and strawberry jam from kick-off through first-half.

Then about half-time out come the eggs lightly scrambled with cheese, fried potatoes with onions, sausage-patty gravy and sliced tomatoes.  Usually break out the cold beer for the second game.

Sorry, wife just said she is substituting the scrambled eggs for chicken liver and mushroom omelettes next week.

Things are rough when you're retired half-way around the world from home.

Well Im in Bangkok so..........  ?

Cant find the begging dog emoji........never mind, I dont like tomatoes ?

Not....waaaaahhhhh???????

3 hours ago, smotherb said:

Ah, well, that's a no-no. She gets very upset if you don't clean your plate.

Umm...well I could try ?

My ex Japanese used to make me eat the last grain of rice otherwise I was "rude for rice". When asked, she explained that farmers work hard to grow "nice rice" to feed folks because "Japanese body need rice" and for a "fat gaijin" to not finish rice that "nice farmer" grow was "not polite" because "rice is important" and "must eat correctly" in other words "why gaijin not finish rice, so rude, shame, bad for farmer, why rude to rice" and so on till I ended up licking the bowl to shut her up.

2 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Double post

You can’t get a decent bagel in Thailand, just a ring of soft bread like a pretzel.

I had a decent bagel last week, just forgot where cuz it was raining and I was in a hurry...

Decent means edible. The only bagels worth eating as a bagel come out of NY NJ Conn and thats it. Except maybe Cosco.

On September 9, 2018 at 4:46 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

It's the REAL beer available everywhere in Canada and cheap compared to Thailand.

But for food sakes, it's the fresh, flavourful  standard breakfast with bacon (Brits call it streaky bacon), large eggs over easy (almost impossible in Thailand), fried potatoes with onions and bell peppers (Brits = capsicum), deliciously fresh beefsteak tomatoes, and whole wheat or multi-grain toast and rich fruit jam. 

If you find yourself in the Jomtien Beach area you can get perfect eggs over easy with bacon and fried potatoes just like in Canada at RixhManPoorMan on Soi9.

Archived