Condo availability

Juri1

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Can just show up and have a look around , although it would be better to already have a place to move into , how  much are you looking to pay and in which area ?

Hmm ok. I havent researched any area yet, but close to central (walking distance), small, and quiet! Most condos in that category should be well within my price range

I'll take a look at the facebook group as suggested above, in that case, and at least have a list ready to check out. 

Thanks for the replies everyone! 

10 minutes ago, Juri1 said:

Hmm ok. I havent researched any area yet, but close to central (walking distance), small, and quiet! Most condos in that category should be well within my price range

I'll take a look at the facebook group as suggested above, in that case, and at least have a list ready to check out. 

Thanks for the replies everyone! 

There's not really a central area in CM , its all spread out .

7 hours ago, Juri1 said:

Are the places on airbnb around the same prices as elsewhere? 

I believe they can be more expensive

Also you are only renting for 2 months

That will cost more than a long lease

Also do a google search you find more available

It also depends on where you want to be located

• Thanks 1

By central, you would probably like the NE quadrant inside the moat... plenty of places to eat and people to talk with and interesting streets to wander around with all tourist services available... there are many many guesthouses too and you might do just as well to see if you can get a monthly rate at one of them... you are coming in the heart of season though, so, places will be more expensive and people less likely to compromise the price... 

• Thanks 1

You can also get monthly rates at some hotels as they kind of double up as serviced apartments. During my first two visits to Chiang Mai around 20 years ago I stayed for a month each time at hotels in the NE quadrant of the moat area mentioned above. The second hotel even had kind of a kitchenette. At this point I can't remember the names of the hotels. In any case their names may have changed or they may no longer be in business. I certainly thought it was a great area to stay in for an introduction to Chiang Mai. And after these two visits I moved here permanently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are just looking for a 25-30 sqm room there will be plenty available. If you have never been here before I'd recommend booking a room for 3 nights or so at a place inside the moat like Yindee Stylish Guesthouse or Boonthavon Guesthouse (there are plenty of others) and then spend 3 days exploring the city looking for monthly rentals.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PingandSingh said:

Allowed are both, your own or Riverside's. I had Sinet provided by the owner and no problems at all. Met other residents at the pool and they told me Riverside's wifi was not reliable.

Thanks for the info. I am considering a move to that area of town.