Thai Govt continues promoting tourism as Thailand voted best country for people

webfact

5 minutes ago, finnishmen said:

First goverment need change idiot visa system normal what have ewery other country, NOT need money at bank or minimum salary or other idiot systems, and then change falang/thai prize system normal all same cost. sorry my english but google translator not work good

You got your English good enough for me. Well said. I want white lines painted on dangerous roads. I'm thinking of hiring a Thai person to paint some lines around my area. If you want something done then do it. As they say.

Btw. What's the new tech way of marking lines. How about epoxy down thin strips on to the tar. Or heat treatment them into place.

Edited by stud858

4 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

Seems to be some confusion here.  A news item yesterday place Thailand #4 in SE Asia as a tourist destination.

Confusion? don't think so; it is solely up to the magazine scribblers to invent percentages, places, people - it all depends on the back cheques...

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I notice Koh Tao didn't rate a mention?

I was on a Thai Airways flight yesterday. On the screen was a promotion of Thai islands there were images of the islands one by one happy beautiful sun drenched people frolicking on the beaches a minute or two on each Isle, however when that infamous name Koh Tao appeared it showed a beach the island and then the show quickly moved on, the very brief view of Koh Tao was noticeable, wonder Why? 

44 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I have wondered the same thing many times.  I have come to the conclusion it is an internet thing like the facebook and Instagram and internet dating services.  Partly it is fellows who get scammed by Thai girls online and form a negative view of the country as a result and for the others you'd have to ask whoever knows about internet farming.  

Incredible, so many Thai(land) hate comments. Do you guys actually live here? And if so, why stay around in a place that you despise so much? 

It's not an 'internet thing'.  I've never seen these 'hate' comments on other forums, ----- just this one!

37 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Absolute piffle.

Perhaps.  But can you name a better place? 

And if you can, why aren't all the Thai bashing posters living there?  Seems like that would be a lot smarter than living someplace that they despise so much...

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

after Thailand was voted the world’s best country for people. 

Really?

6 hours ago, webfact said:

In the category of best countries in the world for tourism, Thailand came in at number 3, behind Italy and Greece. 

It seems the wording was manipulated, e.g.,:

.....after Thailand was voted the world’s best country for people.
No
.....after Thailand was voted the world’s 3rd place runner up for best country for people.
Nope
.....after Thailand was voted the world’s 3rd place runner up for best country for tourism. Perhaps this is true?
Ok

So why promote the 'false' news?  "We're the best!!!"  No you're not. 
Unlike being the best country at killing people on your roads (truly Number 1 / 100 % quantifiable) you're only 3rd place (unquantifiable / somebodies opinion) according to one specific travel magazine.  Do all other travel magazines and world travel agencies concur?  Probably not. 
Inaccurate and disingenuous, such as changing reality and then tooting your own horn, is not honest.

Actually it's beyond disingenuous, it patently false <Opss!>.  Screen shot from article published by CNTraveler for "Best Country" ranking as reported by USNews.

2034442609_ThailandBestCountry.jpg.3cb65ed188f0e147514f539c032ce9fc.jpg

Let see... 1 + 3 = 27  That's about right.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, HHTel said:

It's not an 'internet thing'.  I've never seen these 'hate' comments on other forums, ----- just this one!

Did you check the wood door place? I think the stick guy turned anti Thai and left after gf/wife left him.  Common I think.  Guys have a bad relationship history in the West and bring it to Thailand with them and are surprised and blame it on the country.  

I'm also guilty.  I had terrible taste in Western woman and made a conscious to change my standards when I got to Thailand.  

Edited by marcusarelus

7 hours ago, webfact said:

travel magazine, Conde Nast Traveler. 

Who? Methinks that the PM is being selective.

"Best country for people"? Drive/ride and die? Be one of the 60+ people who die on  the roads everyday! He must be appealing to those with suicide tendencies. ?

3 hours ago, hanssna said:

Incredible, so many Thai(land) hate comments. Do you guys actually live here? And if so, why stay around in a place that you despise so much? 

It's a daily climate here, forecasts are easy to make, you should know that ... since the time you're here!:smile:

Not heard of Conde Nast Traveler based in US until I read this article. Looked it up and a NY company since 1901. Learn something New everyday.

I

Interesting BEST AMERICAN & CARIBBEAN HOTEL is Los Cabo’s Mexico. Maybe in reference to North America.

An article in Condé Nast when going to the “ The Best Country for People” funny fact given by CN the official name of Bangkok which is really long or for short “Krung Thep” short for City of Angels. 

Notes

- good shopping and cheap designer looking labels (strange to advertise knock offs)

- Great Food which we can’t deny.

Surveys are Surveys and information depends how it’s gathered. Couldn’t find what criteria was used but at least it makes some people 

happy! 

For me I like Thailand and enjoy living here. If your happy living here...Great. If you’re not happy get up and go. 

5 hours ago, hanssna said:

The comments generally are not hate comments about Thailand or the people. They are criticisms of the military junta and the leader who appointed himself. And the impositions they impose upon the freedoms of Thai people and others who have chosen to call Thailand "home".

Try harder to understand what you read.

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

It's great for dogs; I see packs of them roaming happily round my neighbourhood; spreading disease; causing accidents.  Perhaps the people don't notice them when voting?

And don't forget the idiot farangs feeding them so they can reproduce and create more problems for the environment and ecosystem.

On 9/9/2018 at 5:36 PM, doremifasol said:

That was last year 2017.

In 2018 the ‘best countries for people’ by readers of the well-respected US-baed travel magazine, Conde Nast Traveler. are:

1 Switzerland

2. Canada

3. Germany

https://www.cntraveler.com/gallery/are-these-the-best-countries-in-the-world

No you must be wrong. The General is always right

:-).