Alleged Koh Tao rape victim in her first interview accuses police of suppressing truth 

Jonathan Fairfield

19 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

She accused them of suppressing the truth about the brutal attack, during a gap year holiday over the summer, because it would have a negative impact on tourism.

Ah, she obviously knows the Thais. And she is likely right.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

Of course you would. You'd have your daughter on the front page of every newspaper in the world.

Have you any idea how your daughter might feel if she had been drugged and raped? Do you really think she would want to be sat in front of journalists answering their every question, some of which would be designed to provoke and humiliate her? Do you think, ever?

do you?

19 hours ago, Basil B said:

No audio or video recordings of interviews...

One would have thought the local cops would have made sure they were squeaky clean since 2014...

Squeaky yes. As to clean, they do wear smart unifoms in most cases.

19 hours ago, Happy enough said:

so come back and file the complaint as requested by the RTP. it's a must. otherwise it's all hearsay. even scotland yard can't do anything

Are you for real? And what exactly do you think would happen to her if she returned?  Wake up and smell the coffee.

25 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

He would be No.1 suspect in any UK police investigation.

What? Do you just spout any old b*****? Think about what you just said. 

When I said 'disappear', I didn't mean go on the run. I meant just say you don't know. It's not as if he has to do any interviews. He's doing them because he wants to. 

The woman has no reason to lie. She has nothing to gain and everything to lose from the  state sanctioned attack on her. What would she want with the public  humiliation and embarrassment that this matter brings.

I see some ignorant  fools have accused the woman of coat tailing onto the #metoo movement, but she has not accused any specific person, nor sought financial gain. She has only pointed out that she was assaulted and was unable to obtain a response from the local police. Why does this surprise anyone? Women are  raped daily in Thailand, and they  often have no one to go to for help. What do some of the idiots accusing the  woman of fabricating this event  believe happens to women in the rural or out island locales who are sexually assaulted? Do they honestly believe that the children and adults who are raped and brutalized can just pick up a phone and get help like that?   

The island cops demand that the woman return and at the same time threaten to imprison her if she can't support her claim. Just on that basis alone it is obvious that the cops are trying to intimidate and bully her. The UK has a moral and legal duty to stand up for this woman.

1 minute ago, Media1 said:

I will say this and stick by it with a muzzle to my head. THAI POLICE are a disgrace a virus and as the UN quoted ; uniformed organized criminals 

Unfortunate, but largely true. :sad:

I think there are probably some decent cops around but not enough to make a quality difference to the R(?)TP.  Should be just named Thai Police.

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

What? Do you just spout any old b*****? Think about what you just said. 

When I said 'disappear', I didn't mean go on the run. I meant just say you don't know. It's not as if he has to do any interviews. He's doing them because he wants to. 

Standard operating procedure in the UK, is for the police to investigate the last man seen with a woman reporting rape.

He's ALWAYS the most likely suspect. He had the opportunity to spike her drink, he was at the scene of the crime.

19 hours ago, Happy enough said:

so come back and file the complaint as requested by the RTP. it's a must. otherwise it's all hearsay. even scotland yard can't do anything

You are really out there. She will be jailed for computer crime laws. She was raped and there will be more to come. Reputation is a key word here and there lol.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Standard operating procedure in the UK, is for the police to investigate the last man seen with a woman reporting rape.

He's ALWAYS the most likely suspect. He had the opportunity to spike her drink, he was at the scene of the crime.

Okay, great. What are you getting at? Are you trying to imply Martin did it so simple readers will see this and dismiss everything he says?

Hang on a minute - I thought you said she was lying in previous posts. Which one is it? She's lying or Martin is the most likely person to have raped her? 

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Standard procedure is to actually investigate period. Which includes all video footage. There is no excuse for we not have. THERE was murders here previously. We not have is venue closure 5 years. Nothing was investigated and no bars closed. No video provided lol. They are all in it together. 

Guilty as charged scum of the earth 

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Standard procedure is to actually investigate period. Which includes all video footage. There is no excuse for we not have. THERE was murders here previously. We not have is venue closure 5 years. Nothing was investigated and no bars closed. No video provided lol. They are all in it together. 

Guilty as charged scum of the earth 

If you don't like the rules here, don't come here.

It's really easy.

I'm happy enough to accept the Thai government, army and police the way they are.

If I didn't like it I would leave.

I would suggest Somalia or Afganistan for your next holiday destinations.

5 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Okay, great. What are you getting at? Are you trying to imply Martin did it so simple readers will see this and dismiss everything he says?

Hang on a minute - I thought you said she was lying in previous posts. Which one is it? She's lying or Martin is the most likely person to have raped her? 

Sanemax convinced me I was wrong (with his irrefutable logic), isn't that the whole point of a discussion (to use logic to change another person's opinions). Didn't you read that post?

17 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Unfortunate, but largely true. :sad:

I think there are probably some decent cops around but not enough to make a quality difference to the R(?)TP.  Should be just named Thai Police.

Must be destroyed rebuilt from ground up. Paid by the government only. Audit the chiefs for the last 20 years. You will find you need a new jail to house these thieves. Money that was to go back into the community. I would not piss on them

A lot people are overlooking the most credible and indisputable fact.  BiB will only work, if there is fame or fortune to be had.  He who has the satang or connections, gets police service/favours.  Those who don't......don't.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Sanemax convinced me I was wrong (with his irrefutable logic), isn't that the whole point of a discussion (to use logic to change another person's opinions). Didn't you read that post?

The whole point of a discussion is to share ideas honestly and without bias. No one 'has' to have their opinions changed, but the discussion should be honest and not misleading or disingenuous. It's not a p****** contest. 

Your logic is that because people sometimes lie that she's lying. Well, people sometimes tell the truth, too. You may not believe her. That's up to you. The question I posed is why would Martin be lying? What does he have to gain? You said that he would be the number 1 suspect in a 'UK investigation'. So again, why would he be pushing the whole rape rhetoric forward? The police here have said there's no evidence of a rape as if to say it never happened. If he did it, he would surely just keep quiet and get on with his life. He wouldn't be doing interviews trying to persuade people that he genuinely believes a rape occurred.

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Accusations, accusations, and more accusations. Sounds like MeToo.

How about some evidence?

Post a couple of picture of her and let's look how many people will come forward with information about what she did in Thailand.

And then please publish whatever people all this. Because accusations is all we need, it seems nobody cares about facts and evidence anymore.

Hasn't she a DNA sample on her clothes? Hasn't she submitted them to Scotland Yard? What sort of proof do YOU need????

41 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

The woman has no reason to lie. She has nothing to gain and everything to lose from the  state sanctioned attack on her. What would she want with the public  humiliation and embarrassment that this matter brings.

I see some ignorant  fools have accused the woman of coat tailing onto the #metoo movement, but she has not accused any specific person, nor sought financial gain. She has only pointed out that she was assaulted and was unable to obtain a response from the local police. Why does this surprise anyone? Women are  raped daily in Thailand, and they  often have no one to go to for help. What do some of the idiots accusing the  woman of fabricating this event  believe happens to women in the rural or out island locales who are sexually assaulted? Do they honestly believe that the children and adults who are raped and brutalized can just pick up a phone and get help like that?   

The island cops demand that the woman return and at the same time threaten to imprison her if she can't support her claim. Just on that basis alone it is obvious that the cops are trying to intimidate and bully her. The UK has a moral and legal duty to stand up for this woman.

It's out of there country and it's over. He is still free. AND there are 2 innocent to Burmese locked away. Big joke has now earned his name 

20 hours ago, Happy enough said:

follow up the complaint? jesus. these people aren't animals but you can't just blab shit about shit. come and file the complaint and get the process underway

am i wrong?

I wouldn't come back if I were her.

You have to realize the public embarrassment/image she will get, right or wrong. You've seen the Thai wouldn't do this approach on this and other such matters; you've seen false accusations made; and you've seen the potential of cover-up by powerful locals. 

I think I would drop it.

Not much will/can be done unless she does come back and can prove it. And, you never know what charges may be brought against her if she cannot prove it.  And, even if she proves rape, will two laborers take the fall?

I guess this sounds a bit pessimistic, but it is.

Archived