Alleged Koh Tao rape victim in her first interview accuses police of suppressing truth 

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Happy enough said:

married a pain in the neck from chumphon. everyone there knows what goes on in tao, they run the islands from paknam and the nests etc. had honey moon there 20 odd years ago. never pay there. know them all. thats not keyboard stuff thats honest. 2. no

Take ya beer goggles off lad then submit the post again

Thai police investigate?

Well, there's a '  contradiction in terms ' It's already been investigated or did we blink and miss it?

Big Joke went down and investigated in depth and fully, he interviewed the sea and the sand as well as the hostel owner, who changed her story after his visit with his entourage. No ' bullying or press-ganging ' there I am sure! How about a bit of ' Thai Rak Thai ' and ' Do you realize the damage you are doing to Thailand and your own business? ' kind of speech! .......I can just imagine.

Amazing given the history of this island, recent events which were similar and the stellar reputation of the Thai police known for their integrity, it becomes obvious why some would rather believe them than a 19-year-old university student on a gap year with absolutely nothing to gain.

Also, amazing how Big Joke has gone on a mission to silence any dissent by threats, bullying, and intimidation.

Arresting 12 people for ' sharing a post ' on Facebook and attempting charges under the 'computer crimes act ' then, warrants issued for Editor of the Samui Times, threats made against the Facebook page, owned by a Thai, CSI LA, and then threatening the girl with blacklisting and criminal charges. I think I can see who is in a panic here!!

Well done RTP, nothing new there, a fine upstanding police force that can always be counted upon.

Bully your way through, as usual, after all, nothing more important than the ' tourist dollars ' truth and justice can get to the back of the queue.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Can't agree, ever had your legs broken with a baseball bat?

In fact, there's a huge list of things that could happen to me I'd class as 'more horrific then rape'.

Shark attack, broken back, hand crushed, snake bite, cancer ...... the list of worse things is endless.

Just waiting for the night you have your "3 large Chang beers" pass out and wake up with a nasty taste in your mouth, a bunghole like the Blackwall Tunnel and a 'bloke' sitting beside you,... smiling.

Just now, Scouse123 said:

Thai police investigate?

Well, there's a '  contradiction in terms ' It's already been investigated or did we blink and miss it?

Big Joke went down and investigated in depth and fully, he interviewed the sea and the sand as well as the hostel owner, who changed her story after his visit with his entourage.

"Raped on the beach"

"Theres no beach there , just sea , couldnt have happened "

Investigation over and complete

16 hours ago, Happy enough said:

so come back and file the complaint as requested by the RTP. it's a must. otherwise it's all hearsay. even scotland yard can't do anything

Yes, she should come back to Thailand so Big Joke can abuse and humiliate her.  How dare she impugn Thailand with her baseless claims!

I wonder if anyone in the police station where she allegedly reported the rape could speak English?

15 hours ago, JLCrab said:

“According to forensic and scientific evidence we collected based on the woman’s account, we found no rape or drugging had taken place,” said Maj Gen Surachate, who was assigned by the police chief to look into the allegation.

(skip)

“However, we’re open to new evidence. Since the victim has not even contacted the UK consul in Thailand which is in charge of the safety of British nationals in the kingdom, we urge her to submit the evidence and give statements so we can investigate further. We’re even willing to take her statements in the UK if she doesn’t feel safe here.”

https://www.thephuketnews.com/no-evidence-of-koh-tao-rape-say-police-68447.php#eJFLViu0GSfem97i.97

Now this is something competely new.
Since when is MY government in charge of MY security when I'm in a foreign country?
So, if I feel threatened in Thailand, do I call the Thai police or do I need to contact
the police back in my home country?

Well, no wonder there's never anything done, when we complain to the local police . . .   :wacko:

so come back and file the complaint as requested by the RTP. it's a must. otherwise it's all hearsay. even scotland yard can't do anything

Yup, come back and immediately get locked up....................her feet won't touch the ground!

Some other high profile persons who have fled have not come back - wonder why?

But then again you maybe joking? ? C'mon, give us a clue, are you for real or not?

And you will be guaranteed a jail sentence for defaming the koh .Happy enough is happy because he has nothing to lose and has the illusion everything will go away. 

14 hours ago, JLCrab said:

If the 2 SEP 2014 gruesome murders did not put the kibosh on Koh Tao tourism I don't know why the Thai authorities should be so worked up about suppressing this story.

Oh come on Crabie , you know full well that these things are cumulative . Been plenty of boat accidents and Chinese tourists drowning before the last major incident , but that became the tipping point.

13 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Do you really think that the girl, her family, The Met, The Sun and The Times are not reading the press about the "case"?  There is zero reason for her to be unaware of the interview offer. 

I think it's entirely possible that they are not reading Thai newspaper reports. I would say there is a good likelihood that she would be unaware of the vague mention of a potential interview in a foreign newspaper unless such offer has been formally conveyed to her - and I don't see any evidence that it has. We can even see that several posters to this thread were unaware of it despite living in Thailand and taking part in a discussion about the case.

16 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Apparently she has some article of clothing she will submit for DNA testing.  But unless it contains semen, and not sweat, she could have picked that up anywhere. 

She said her T-shirt was stained with the rapist's semen, but police on Koh Tao refused three times to accept it when her friend brought it to them.

14 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Yup, come back and immediately get locked up....................her feet won't touch the ground!

Some other high profile persons who have fled have not come back - wonder why?

But then again you maybe joking? ? C'mon, give us a clue, are you for real or not?

There are quite a few people who have a vested interest in tourists visiting KT

Well all disbelievers .know this it is very hard for a young girl to say she as been rape, this will follow her through life, so most girls keep it to themselves and hope it will go away but it won't . and as far a one idiot commented as to someone coming forward and saying what she had been up to on the Island WHAT as that got to do with anything  because a girl want to have fun does not mean she is ok to be raped by some pervert because that is what HE is. and yes we all know that the RTP will try to suppress in the name of Tourism and corruption. think about it and switch your brain on before turning on the keyboard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

36 minutes ago, sanemax said:

"Raped on the beach"

"Theres no beach there , just sea , couldnt have happened "

Investigation over and complete

Yeah, amazing that!

And all the people who were there on the non-existent beach because there was a World Cup footie match on.

It''s all complete:  too much water or too many people...which ever one suits you!!

UPDATE. Meanwhile the friend, who also was given a spiked drink in that bar, told in an interview, that the place, where the rape took place, is on a different location as indicated by the police. This means, that the police definitely refused a report, as they did not even know the correct crime scene. All further information will be available soon, if you have not found them yet.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would have told my daughter not to go on a sex/booze/drugs holiday in the first place.

And she's sensible enough to do what I tell her.

Well do enjoy your "perfect world" & relationship, others aren't as fortunate as you, rather patronizing don't you think???

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Nobody is forced to go there. And nobody is forced to get totally drunk.

Stay home or go somewhere else. Case closed.

Although some people unknowingly get their drinks spiked .

So, if you dont want to get robbed raped and drugged , go elsewhere

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although some people unknowingly get their drinks spiked .

So, if you dont want to get robbed raped and drugged , go elsewhere

No,

Stay at home and don't go anywhere at all.

Be a Hermit.

A lot of ' Isn't Thailand perfect and wonderful ' people on here defending a place with one of the worst reputations in Thailand and a police force with one of the worst reputations in the world.

17 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And face getting arrested and prosecuted by the Thai authorities for defaming their and the island's "good" name????

The whole world is watching, and you think Thai police will do that.

She does not even dare to show her own face over there.

After  reading  all the inputs on this story whether right or wrong

it wont affect the Tourists backpackers ect coming to Koh Tao for their holidays 

maybe will make a few in the UK  more aware of what's going on here 

but overall wont affect the majority  coming 

Time will tell if I am wrong  I await to be corrected 

Yes you are.  You should know by now that this is Thailand.  That is a basic.  If I were her I wouldn't come within a million miles of the place.  The locals there have already come forward about one particular person of interest who the cops are not interested in and everyone knows why.
Who is that?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Its the same bs as the story of the woman saying she got drugged and almost taken hostage in a taxi on phuket , why wait a year or two months or whatever . They know they made a mistake while drunk out of their minds and maybe under the influence of drugs they took themself and then try to blame someone for their own wrongdoing , #metoo shit try to <deleted> their way up but when they feel they didn't get up far enough ,blame the one who they LET <deleted> them by their own free will . Sorry if i offend some people but this is what i think about it ,you dont wait two months or longer to let police look at a crimescene don't you think all the evidence will be gone . And about the cctv footage it's normal that after two weeks or some even after one week get reset and being taped over , so dont complain that it has magicaly gone when asking for it two months later .

9 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

No,Stay at home and don't go anywhere at all.

Be a Hermit.

A lot of ' Isn't Thailand perfect and wonderful ' people on here defending a place with one of the worst reputations in Thailand and a police force with one of the worst reputations in the world.

I do think that Thailand is a very safe place for foreigners , just keep away from KT , Phukett and Pattaya between midnight and 5 AM

17 hours ago, Happy enough said:

She already tried to file the complaint and they refused to accept it. Why should she need to fly 10,000 kms back to Thailand to do it again? They know she won't, so they can then say they offered to investigate and she refused to cooperate. Clever tactics. The Thai authorities are old hands at this game and know every trick in the book to get off the hook.

Archived