Alleged Koh Tao rape victim in her first interview accuses police of suppressing truth 

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, I did not say that RTP had any jurisdiction in the UK.  Quote it, if you can find it!  You won't be able to.

From whom?  The UK authorities, Home Office, police, who do you think would have to give permission?

it would seem that all your statements are as truthful as this one

13 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

She tried reporting the rape at Koh Phangan and the RTP wouldn't accept it.

You seem absolutely convinced she is lying when there isn't any evidence either way.

You're convinced she got incredibly drunk, had sex consensually  with someone then passed out.

I'm not convinced one way or the other.

There aren't enough facts to convince anyone  one way or the other, so I resent people who claim to know "the truth."

It is entirely plausible that she is scared of the Thai judicial system. 

They're already arresting anyone who reported an "alleged" rape. 

Reporting that someone made a rape allegation isn't fake news. She made a rape allegation.

I'm only convinced that she didn't make a rape report and that she has not backed up any of her allegations with any evidence, neither has she been interviewed by the only authority that can process her alleged case, the RTP.

"You're convinced she got incredibly drunk, had sex consensually  with someone then passed out".

You said that, not me, don't attribute that garbage quote to me.

"...so I resent people who claim to know "the truth."

It is entirely plausible that she is scared of the Thai judicial system".

Ho hum, you resent me?  Do you resent yourself then, you seem to have an opinion diametrically opposite to mine, and a few other's opinions here, what makes your opinion the truth?

By the way if you can find where I said that I "claim to know the truth", please post it here, I'd love to see it.

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I'm only convinced that she didn't make a rape report and that she has not backed up any of her allegations with any evidence, neither has she been interviewed by the only authority that can process her alleged case, the RTP.

Got to agree.

Amazed that posters on this forum (whom most western women would describe as creepy old men preying on poor farm girls) can do nothing but give them their undying support (despite being rejected, divorce raped and accused by them) with no evidence. It's 'Just Weird'.

21 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

there you go

Jesus..no, there you don't go.  That was my response to a member who asked if the Thai police "had jurisdiction". Period.  Look at my answer...

22 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:
  2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What?  Jurisdiction to investigate an alleged crime that allegedly took place in Thailand?  Yes, of course they do.

3 hours ago, Happy enough said:
3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

There is no chance of prosecution.

true without her coming to thailand as requested

So, she's supposed to hop on a plane and flip the coin whether they'll prosecute her or the perpetrator(s)?

Recent headlines would have me advising her to stay away from Thailand completely, for this lifetime anyway.

Seems like every week we're reading about charges being laid against people for things they did in 2006 (and even earlier).  Can you imagine her popping over to Thailand and being banged up in 2030 for besmirching the good name of Koh Tao in 2018?

3 hours ago, JLCrab said:

“However, we’re open to new evidence. Since the victim has not even contacted the UK consul in Thailand which is in charge of the safety of British nationals in the kingdom, we urge her to submit the evidence and give statements so we can investigate further. We’re even willing to take her statements in the UK if she doesn’t feel safe here.”

https://www.thephuketnews.com/no-evidence-of-koh-tao-rape-say-police-68447.php#eJFLViu0GSfem97i.97

Good. Why aren't they on their way? But the shirt has to be investigated first in the UK before handling to RTP

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Got to agree.

Amazed that posters on this forum (whom most western women would describe as creepy old men preying on poor farm girls) can do nothing but give them their undying support (despite being rejected, divorce raped and accused by them) with no evidence. It's 'Just Weird'.

It's been reported she tried to make the rape report and RTP refused to record it.

There is no evidence for or against, I'm not forming an opinion. 

I'm questioning those who seem to be against the girl 100%.

Where is the evidence?
Fact is she stayed together with 4 guys (not including her boyfriend).
Fact it she got totally drunk.
Fact is on the next day she went to another island to party with her boyfriend.
Question is what happened after she got totally drunk. It seems she doesn't remember it but she somehow thinks she was raped...

Prove your facts please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Not at the moment as the girl has not even made an official complaint yet or taken up the RTP's offer to be interviewed in the UK!  Wonder why?  Her mother has complained but that doesn't count and this "interview" is just a repetition of what has already been said (unless there's more somewhere), nothing new.

The girl stated in the Times that she did in fact complain to the local Police (about the rape), who refused to document her complaint. So it's impossible to register a complaint if the authority responsible for doing so refuses to document the complaint. Wonder why? Could it be that they don't want to tarnish the reputation of Thailand? So her statement contradicts entirely the Thai Police's version ... that's new, isn't it?

The fact is that she went to the island to party , use drugs and attend the Full Moon party , even if she knew this was the "death island" . 

And then she do not show her face , so more like an anonymous interview with The Times.  

Yes she might have very well been raped,  but still she went to the Full Moon Party only hours later , according to the staff at the hostel . 

48 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"You're convinced she got incredibly drunk, had sex consensually  with someone then passed out".

You said that, not me, don't attribute that garbage quote to me.

"...so I resent people who claim to know "the truth."

It is entirely plausible that she is scared of the Thai judicial system".

Ho hum, you resent me?  Do you resent yourself then, you seem to have an opinion diametrically opposite to mine, and a few other's opinions here, what makes your opinion the truth?

By the way if you can find where I said that I "claim to know the truth", please post it here, I'd love to see it.

It's the impression I'm getting from your posts which seem to blame the girl.

If my impression is wrong I apologize.

As far as I'm concerned there isn't enough information as to what she has told the Thai police or the British police

It's been reported she tried to make the rape report and RTP refused to record it.

I'm questioning those who seem to be against the girl 100%with no evidence for or against. I'm not defending nor condemning her.

Your posts seem to question her validity whereas I see a possibility that she's telling the truth..

48 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Got to agree.

Where avatar matches character ... weird, isn't it?

8 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Agree. Unfortunately there are people who cry rape who are not, but I'd put them in the minority. Koh Tao is a notorious island with a well deserved bad reputation ... sad that there are people on here who automatically assume she's a liar and that her statement to the Times is false ... indeed, they are happier to take the word of Big Joke the master detective and some shady inhabitants of Koh Tao. Just weird.

9 minutes ago, balo said:

The fact is that she went to the island to party , use drugs and attend the Full Moon party , even if she knew this was the "death island" . 

And then she do not show her face , so more like an anonymous interview with The Times.  

Yes she might have very well been raped,  but still she went to the Full Moon Party only hours later , according to the staff at the hostel . 

She didn't go to the full moon party! The hostel lady was lying

it wasn't an anonymous interview 'The Times' covered up her voice

3 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Agree. Unfortunately there are people who cry rape who are not, but I'd put them in the minority. Koh Tao is a notorious island with a well deserved bad reputation ... sad that there are people on here who automatically assume she's a liar and that her statement to the Times is false ... indeed, they are happier to take the word of Big Joke the master detective and some shady inhabitants of Koh Tao. Just weird.

Yes and they happily discredit 'Big Joke' or the cops on other threads, just weird.

4 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

She didn't go to the full moon party! The hostel lady was lying

And where is your source for that ?   

She met her UK friend on another island to attend a Full Moon party . This was AFTER she reported it to the police. 

It was written in the news, do you have any other source ? 

32 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

I'm questioning the sense of those young women who wander around in foreign 3rd world counties on their own late at night.

If she was drugged, where were her (3?) friends?

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

The girl stated in the Times that she did in fact complain to the local Police (about the rape), who refused to document her complaint. So it's impossible to register a complaint if the authority responsible for doing so refuses to document the complaint. Wonder why? Could it be that they don't want to tarnish the reputation of Thailand? So her statement contradicts entirely the Thai Police's version ... that's new, isn't it?

That's just what she said, through her mother, and she has not backed up anything that has been alleged.  Not one thing.

She hasn't even agreed to be interviewed by the RTP who have to do that if she's serious about what she says and wants to make a case. 

Why do you assume that she did try to make a complaint of rape?  If she had and she had a DNA-stained shirt why didn't she offer that to the police who would be investigating?  There's no point in hiding it and taking it to the UK police who have no authority to investigate a case on Thai soil.

56 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

It's the impression I'm getting from your posts which seem to blame the girl.

If my impression is wrong I apologize.

As far as I'm concerned there isn't enough information as to what she has told the Thai police or the British police

I'm questioning those who seem to be against the girl 100%with no evidence for or against. I'm not defending nor condemning her.

Your posts seem to question her validity whereas I see a possibility that she's telling the truth..

"Your posts seem to question her validity whereas I see a possibility that she's telling the truth.."

Let's clarify this, I am questioning her credibility, I'm not "seeming to ", I'm questioning it.  The reason?  She has not backed up anything she has alleged, through her mother, she has not even officially made a complaint.  She will not put her money where her mouth is.  What is it that you see that gives her any kind of credibility?

"It's been reported she tried to make the rape report and RTP refused to record it".

It's also been reported that she did not try to make a rape report and the RTP did not refuse to record it.

"I'm questioning those who seem to be against the girl 100%with no evidence..."

I'm questioning the girl who 100% has produced no evidence neither will she submit to being interviewed, even in London for her own safety, by RTP investigators.

56 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

Yes and they happily discredit 'Big Joke' or the cops on other threads, just weird.

Come on jimmynewbie, you're clearly referring to me so show me where I have "happily discredited Big Joke on other threads".  Lets see you put your money where your mouth is, it may be time for you to pull your neck in a bit.

35 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

That's just what she said, through her mother, and she has not backed up anything that has been alleged.  Not one thing.

She hasn't even agreed to be interviewed by the RTP who have to do that if she's serious about what she says and wants to make a case. 

Why do you assume that she did try to make a complaint of rape?  If she had and she had a DNA-stained shirt why didn't she offer that to the police who would be investigating?  There's no point in hiding it and taking it to the UK police who have no authority to investigate a case on Thai soil.

If a police force won’t register your complaint they will certainly not be interested in undertaking a forensic investigation of your shirt and other clothes. Why do you assume she is lying about making this complaint? The event took place on Kho Tao island, notorious for being run by criminals in cahoots with the authorities.The RTP have already stated no crime took place and threatened to ban her from Thailand. So you think she’d get a sympathetic hearing. You are an apologist for the criminal and corrupt.

6 hours ago, Esso49 said:

This should be interesting as to how the Thai authorities approach the fact that the Times has published this interview. 

A life ban for the young lady, plus a total end of any further advertising business for the "Times" from  Koh Tao

Archived